(Topic ID: 280423)

I got a new plastic set for Black Rose and...

By drsfmd

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
black rose plastics3 (resized).jpg
black rose plastics2 (resized).jpg
black rose plastics (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Last weekend I picked up the Black Rose that was advertised in the marketplace. Everything on it was sad and tired, so in addition to my normal teardown and shop job that happens when I buy a new game, I also bought a brand new plastic set.

In the set there are three pieces that I don't know what to do with. The one in the top left has no part number on it, so I suspect it's a promotional item, but I'm not sure. The other two pieces are clearly meant to be used on the playfield, but I didn't have either of them in the set that was on the game, and I can't find a spot to match them up with... anybody have a clue?

black rose plastics (resized).jpgblack rose plastics (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Last weekend I picked up the Black Rose that was advertised in the marketplace. Everything on it was sad and tired, so in addition to my normal teardown and shop job that happens when I buy a new game, I also bought a brand new plastic set.
In the set there are three pieces that I don't know what to do with. The one in the top left has no part number on it, so I suspect it's a promotional item, but I'm not sure. The other two pieces are clearly meant to be used on the playfield, but I didn't have either of them in the set that was on the game, and I can't find a spot to match them up with... anybody have a clue? [quoted image]

Long one goes on the back subway.

Looks like boat one might be a punch out off the big back ship plastic that covers the back wall.

Not sure about the small one.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Long one goes on the back subway.

As in, behind the back panel and under the cannon? I can't feel anything there now, but I'd have to pull the playfield to see how that one would fit.

Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like boat one might be a punch out off the big back ship plastic that covers the back wall.

AHA! You are correct. I was looking at it upside down, and it didn't occur to me that it would be a punch out from that space. Ok... I'll save that in the scrap bin in case I ever need a bit of clear plastic to work with.

Quoted from Jon9508:

Not sure about the small one.

Thanks. Anyone else?

I also noticed that the set is missing one piece-- 31-1650A-3, which is a clear piece that attaches to the cap of the furthest right pop bumper to keep the ball from getting stuck as it comes out of the subway. Luckily, aside from being a bit yellowed, the one I have is perfectly serviceable, so I'll just reuse it.

Nearly done getting this one all back together. Just waiting on Cliffy's so I can put the Davy Jones locker assembly back together.

black rose plastics2 (resized).jpgblack rose plastics2 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

I might have figured out where that little plastic goes.

Attached see a photo cropped from one of the IPDB pictures. The plastic in question fits between those two posts, and is notched in the correct place to accommodate the switch from the ramp. It's not in the IPDB photo, and I can't really figure out what purpose it would serve-- it's clear, so it's not intended for decoration, and I don't see how it would do much of anything else.

Can those of you who own this title check and see if you have this plastic in that location?

black rose plastics3 (resized).jpgblack rose plastics3 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

AH! Thank you!

I think we can call this one resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 34.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-a-new-plastic-set-for-black-rose-and- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.