751E6674-3BCD-4520-9C12-4E094F9D6D7A (resized).jpeg
20180730_200332 (resized).jpg
20 is 20 (resized).jpg
20180730_174807 (resized).jpg
B99EE8AF-6E94-4001-8D41-F90C8E5281E3 (resized).jpeg
odin-sign-massage-specials (resized).jpg
F634DF26-17AD-41B2-9A79-763BAA6C03A5 (resized).jpeg
B1740578-07DA-4146-880F-5CFA675D1F01 (resized).jpeg
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 6 years ago

I feel like such a loser.

#2 6 years ago

People get reviewed on Yelp?

#3 6 years ago

Remember when that foreign guy gave you a bad review a couple of years back?

What happened that time?

rd

#4 6 years ago

Whats a Yelp?

John

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Whats a Yelp?
John

Yelp = yes everyone loves pinball

#7 6 years ago

Another place on the internet to get lost in....

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Whats a Yelp?
John

It's a place where imbeciles go to review and rant about things they know nothing about.

#9 6 years ago

Do you own a restaurant? What else can you get reviewed about on yelp?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It's a place where imbeciles go to review and rant about things they know nothing about.

I though that was here?

Bu-dump-shi!!!!

#11 6 years ago

I guess it is similar to a thumbs down.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some one was as your home, liked the pinball. But didn't like your style of hosting?? What happened? Did you supply them with slow service on drinks and food? Bathroom wasn't clean enough. F them.

Yelp, a negative review could be from an ex, a competitor, a nut job, or even a nut job customer. Would not sweat it to much. If it effects a BBB or AMA rating that could be worth looking into.

#13 6 years ago

What Christy Mack came into the shop again and distracted you from the other customers? Or another handicap van mishap?

Anyway don't sweat it buddy. Some people just love to take any opportunity to complain.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

O din watch the south park episode about Yelp and you will learn how to handle a bad Yelp review.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Some one was as your home, liked the pinball. But didn't like your style of hosting?? What happened? Did you supply them with slow service on drinks and food? Bathroom wasn't clean enough. F them.

Great idea. We should have a Pinside Yelp.

#16 6 years ago

A little lesson in customer service from Dave Chappelle:

#17 6 years ago

If only more people understood that Yelp is one of the biggest online scams still pretending to be a legitimate source of reviews, then they would cease to matter.

Extorting businesses to display good reviews and squash bad ones...top notch business practices there. Kinda like the mafia. If the mafia was lame, weak, and pathetic.

Richard

#18 6 years ago

Reviews are so dumb. People are dumb. They get upset over everything. Literally everything. Then they drive fast in the snow and end up in the ditch.

ditch winner1 (resized).jpgditch winner1 (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

Your still our go to guy O-din! Your our hero here

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you own a restaurant? What else can you get reviewed about on yelp?

All sorts of businesses get Yelp reviews. I think o-din is in the car repair/body shop business?

#21 6 years ago

What business do you own?

#22 6 years ago

#23 6 years ago

Most likely a reason for it, I mean people don't complain about things just to get free stuff.

#24 6 years ago

O-din's Garage
✪✪✪✪✪ 2/9/2018
Shared his bong and gave me 10 chances to put up 1000 on Big Daddy. One of his EM pins had a place to put your drink down. 5 stars, would visit again.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

O-din's Garage
✪✪✪✪✪ 2/9/2018
Shared his bong and gave me 10 chances to put up 1000 on Big Daddy. One of his EM pins had a place to put your drink down. 5 stars, would visit again.

TRIPLE THUMBS UP LOL

#26 6 years ago

#27 6 years ago

Yelp may not be perfect, but it does make shitty businesses more accountable.

You can usually tell the whiny reviews from the legitimate reviews. Patterns form.

#28 6 years ago

I've never met O-din. I enjoy his posts. I live on the opposite end of the US.
But 30 years from now I will cry and rail nonsensical charges against him so people in society can high five me and call me a hero.

#29 6 years ago

Eat a cookie lol

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

dude you gotta link this shit!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Remember when that foreign guy gave you a bad review a couple of years back?
What’s happened that time?

ATTENRION PEOPLE!!!!

THIS IS A RACIST REDNECK WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CAR!

#32 6 years ago

There are always haters no mater what business/product you make/own.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

What Christy Mack came into the shop again and distracted you from the other customers?

She was a fine customer. I'd take her over the beyatch that came in yesterday, no problem.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

We had a waiter at a famous chef's restaurant in Las Vegas offer to comp us our cocktails if we posted a positive review on Yelp and mentioned his name. So we did and got free drinks, then the next day I changed my Yelp review to be fair and honest about what he had done.

Your behavior is one of the reasons owners hate yelp. You acted poorly. You accepted free cocktails and then ambushed the guy afterwards.

You should not have taken advantage of the guy's offer and then screw him.

#35 6 years ago

I got a bad review on Yelp a couple years ago from a customer that wanted some free stuff.
The Yelp sales team called me and asked if I would like to remove the negative rating and have them post some 5 star reviews for me.

All of this for $500 and a monthly subscription rate.

I told them to eat my shorts....

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your behavior is one of the reasons owners hate yelp. You acted poorly. You accepted free cocktails and then ambushed the guy afterwards.
You should not have taken advantage of the guy's offer and then screw him.

The owner should have never made the offer to a customer.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

dude you gotta link this shit!

OK. Let me set the scene. I do smog tests at a one man shop and we are a 5 star yelp review station. Almost everybody loves us because we are fast and a good price.

So this lady comes in who the boss failed last week after using her yelp coupon. She had a broken hose. First off she starts bitching that we are going to charge her $15 for the retest and certificate. So I pull the car in which has been in an accident. The hood is smashed. I try several times to get it open but it won't. In these cases I ask the customer if they have some procedure to get the hood open or if they will go get it fixed. We don't do any repairs and don't need to be liable if the hood should fly open later. I pull the car back out and discuss that with the customer..

The boss always calls me to tell me when I get a great review, but yesterday he had different news...

"Omg. I am of the mind, "If you don't have anything nice to say, best not say anything". Not this time.
One of the men here had trouble getting my hood open. He said, "If you can get your hood open I'll retest your car". Also mentioned the level might be hooked on the inside of the car.

Attempt #1 I manually tried to open my hood and felt with my fingers for the level. Was too tight to find the lever.

Attempt #2 I asked, "Can I borrow some sort of tool that will help me unhook the lever?" ..as he stared at me reclining back on some equipment.
"What kind of tool?" he asked.
"One that might help me unlock the lever" (really?)
"Do you want a screwdriver?", he asks followed by, "do you think that will work?".
"I don't know", I replied. Can you handed me the screwdriver adding,
" if you can't get your head open and I won't be able to read test your car". With a matter of fact look he reclines back on his equipment to watch me.
I continued by angling the screwdriver to one side attempting to lift the lever from inside my head.
" hey it looks like you need help. I think if I go inside your car and pop the hood while you move the lever it might work", he says. It did.
"that's enough you can go back to your seat now", he says.
Dear Sir who did my smog retest today,
I strongly prefer not to return for a smog test here ever. You're reluctance to help me open the hood of my car is disgusting. Not only as a service provider, but as a man. What man reclines back to see a women struggle? How insignificant must you feel to be so detached and unconscious.
I write to you so that you may decide to be more polite and helpful with your future clients."

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The owner should have never made the offer to a customer.

I completely agree. It was an ill- advised offer, made with the twisted intention that he was offering good service.

But the review is far more damaging to the waiter and his livelihood, whereas the reviewer enjoyed some free drinks, has a story, and doesn't think twice how it affects the waiter's life.

#39 6 years ago

I feel like such a loser because I should probably pay more attention to my customer's needs than what is happening on pinside at any given moment.

#40 6 years ago

this is how i handle it with Jackbar...

-jon

Jackbar (resized).jpgJackbar (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender_1 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender_2 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender_3 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender_4 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender(1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender(1) (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel like such a loser because I should probably pay more attention to my customer's needs than what is happening on pinside on any given moment.

There is a fine line between giving your very best to your customers and being abused by them.

These days I refuse to be abused by them, in spite of their cowardly internet reviews.

Absolutely anything that goes wrong in a transaction with the public can be resolved with good feelings all around.

Its quite a new thing for people to get satisfaction from a fake website instead of stating their needs directly to the people involved, and seeking a positive resolution.

#42 6 years ago

I need that shirt. Spectacular.

#43 6 years ago

Well, at least for every bad review, we get 50 good ones.

"At least my 5th time here now with our 3rd and newest vehicle. Brian was working again and I wish I could give this place more than 5 stars. I seriously don't know why anyone would go anywhere else. Best price and service in town, no question. With football season here again, I'll probably just go hang out with Brian and watch football at the shop again haha. You're making a mistake going anywhere else for a smog test."

#44 6 years ago

Dude. That was my review. You still owe me a sixer.

#45 6 years ago

I don't have anything to hide. Here is a link to our shop.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/express-smog-check-la-habra-3?sort_by=date_desc

#46 6 years ago

California smog laws are so nutty that I'm surprised you guys don't wear flak vests to protect yourself from pissed off customers with cars that can't pass.

Richard

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

California smog laws are so nutty that I'm surprised you guys don't wear flak vests to protect yourself from pissed off customers with cars that can't pass.
Richard

People love us! We are fast and friendly!

#48 6 years ago

Not to make ya feel any worse OD but I'm pretty sure it's actually "looser".

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not to make ya feel any worse OD but I'm pretty sure it's actually "looser".

Is it actually "hood" or "head"?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Can I borrow some sort of tool that will help me unhook the lever?" ..as he stared at me reclining back

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-a-bad-review-on-yelp-today?hl=collint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.