751E6674-3BCD-4520-9C12-4E094F9D6D7A (resized).jpeg
20180730_200332 (resized).jpg
20 is 20 (resized).jpg
20180730_174807 (resized).jpg
B99EE8AF-6E94-4001-8D41-F90C8E5281E3 (resized).jpeg
odin-sign-massage-specials (resized).jpg
F634DF26-17AD-41B2-9A79-763BAA6C03A5 (resized).jpeg
B1740578-07DA-4146-880F-5CFA675D1F01 (resized).jpeg
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If it effects a BBB rating that could be worth looking into.

A bad yelp review could lower the rating of Big Bang Bar? That doesn't seem fair to me.

#202 6 years ago

Do you have any pins there? I kinda work in the area but don't need a smog. I should just drop in just to meet you. But if there was a pin that would be even better.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Do you have any pins there?

I would probably have three here if the other half of the shop hadn't been turned into a storage unit for one of the boss's in law's stuff. He said I could put one in the waiting area, but the only spot available gets a lot of direct sunlight. I'm still contemplating it though.

Best is to just come up to the house on a Saturday or something. That's when we party hardy.

#204 6 years ago

Leslie is now up to 23 "funny" votes.

I'm guessing she never realized how hysterical she is.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Leslie is now up to 23 "funny" votes.

I'm guessing she never realized how hysterical she is.

Lol. I just talked to the boss and told him to read all her reviews and then I will send him the pic of xsvtoy's vision of how our shop should be to prevent this from happening again.

#206 6 years ago

What the heck I was working in Photoshop anyway so I made a quick hack to update the shop. You'll have to buy Bon Voyage back at a premium though...

smogcheck2 (resized).jpgsmogcheck2 (resized).jpg

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I made a quick hack to update the shop.

Adding in the EM pin, is a perfect update.

#208 6 years ago

Maybe edit it one more time and change the name to Express so he will have some clue what's going on here. And maybe a sign that says acupuncture $10 extra.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It's a place where imbeciles go to review and rant about things they know nothing about.

Sounds like Pinside to me.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

What the heck I was working in Photoshop anyway so I made a quick hack to update the shop.

Quoted from Darcy:

Adding in the EM pin, is a perfect update.

I have to admit, this is one of my all-time favorite pics posted on Pinside Forum.
Way to go xsvtoys. Pinside Gold!

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I have to admit, this is one of my all-time favorite pics posted on Pinside Forum.
Way to go xsvtoys. Pinside Gold!

Gee that's a lot of pressure on my crappy Photoshop skillz!

To celebrate Friday afternoon, here is a new one with a slight revision.

smogcheck3 (resized).jpgsmogcheck3 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#213 5 years ago

We don't take appointments, sir.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Classic !!!

#215 5 years ago

First come, first served.

#216 5 years ago

So you Lazy SoB, what's the excuse?

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

what's the excuse?

When I showed up I gave the boss 10 of them. Best one was I feel like a teenager and it's summer so I like to sleep till noon. He said there have been studies that show that is true.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First come, first served.

What if there's nobody there to serve?

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So you Lazy SoB, what's the excuse?

late (resized).jpglate (resized).jpg

#220 5 years ago

Hate when THAT happens!

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

this is how i handle it with Jackbar...
-jon
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I LOVE those shirts.... Jon are you the guy who used to own Reciprocal Skateboards ? I loved that place. At least 3 stars worth.

(seriously- love those shirts- nice!)

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

What if there's nobody there to serve?

Even better!

#223 5 years ago

Funny thing is I was thinking of bumping this thread last week and showing how that last review was long dead and buried.

#224 5 years ago

Now these are the kind of reviews I like!

"I was in and out of this place in 10 minutes. Came on a Monday around 11:40. No other people here, so no line."

#225 5 years ago

I skimmed through a few pages of past reviews, and they are almost all excellent reviews w/ 5-star ratings.

There have been a few slip-ups though:

Jr J in May 2017 says, 1-star: This guy is a fucking asshole he wouldn't do my smog because my car was supposedly leaking oil which was just bullshit every time he had an excuse not to do my smog would not recommend going here go to the one on Euclid in Whittier Boulevard way nicer people than this fucken asshole and it's cheaper there.
Note: Jr J reportedly has zero friends.

David R in Jan 2017 says, 1-star: Different person working this morning. He was busy and quite agitated. He snaps at me tells me go wait inside and he'll be there in a minute. I chose to wait outside and asked if he was too busy and if I should come back later. "I told you to wait inside and I'll be with you as soon as I can!" Was his response. I knowledged him and told him that I wasn't deaf. That was it. The end of the conversation. I left and will probably never come back. So if you show up and there's a fellow with rather long hair in his late 40s early 50s, tread lightly because he can be a cranky bitch.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

There have been a few slip-ups though

Nobody's perfect.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#227 5 years ago

Guess it’s time to roll the ol’ Traeger over to the shop, set up a few pins, rotohammer some blacktop on the south side of the building for a new Noone Lagoon and re-name the place O-Din’s Supreme Haüs of Smog.
That alone should bolster those one star reviews into 2–1/2!

#228 5 years ago

Dude! Seeing as how the boss cut his weekend short and drove down from Big Bear to open the shop, he has given me the rest of the day off! I feel just like Ferris Bueller.

So how to waste the rest of the day? Disneyland? Knotts Berry Farm?

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My wife made an appointment for an oil change for her car and I took it in. They looked a little perplexed when they couldn't find the appointment but did the job anyway. While they are changing the oil I step outside and call my wife. Long story short I went to the wrong place. I am guessing this person did the same.

The difference is I called the shop with the appointment to apologize for taking up their time, they are a small shop, versus leaving a bad yelp review.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So how to waste the rest of the day? Disneyland? Knotts Berry Farm?

Why choose?
Hit all three with NimblePin’s (patent-pending) Three Park Meleé!
Knott’s first, Disney’s California Adventure 2nd and classic Disneyland for the fireworks finale.
All three parks in under 4 hours!
Portillo’s too!

We just have to wait a bit until that big ol’ mass of blazin’ incandescent gas drops below the tip of Montezooma’s loop before we set out.

B99EE8AF-6E94-4001-8D41-F90C8E5281E3 (resized).jpegB99EE8AF-6E94-4001-8D41-F90C8E5281E3 (resized).jpeg
#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I went to the wrong place.

They always ask me " where's the other guy?" Or "are you the same guy?"

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Why choose?
Knott’s first, Disney’s California Adventure 2nd and classic Disneyland for the fireworks finale.
Portillo’s too!

We could probably take in a baseball game as well.

#233 5 years ago

Is Reggie Jackson back on the Angels?
If so, I’m in!

B1740578-07DA-4146-880F-5CFA675D1F01 (resized).jpegB1740578-07DA-4146-880F-5CFA675D1F01 (resized).jpeg
#234 5 years ago

I bet his watch was too fast, you just cant put a price on patience.

F634DF26-17AD-41B2-9A79-763BAA6C03A5 (resized).jpegF634DF26-17AD-41B2-9A79-763BAA6C03A5 (resized).jpeg

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

We just have to wait a bit until that big ol’ mass of blazin’ incandescent gas drops below the tip of Montezooma’s loop before we set out.

I rode Montezoomas Revenge the 2nd day it opened ! Damn what year was that ?

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So how to waste the rest of the day?

Here's an idea. It's almost like doing community service.
odin-sign-massage-specials (resized).jpgodin-sign-massage-specials (resized).jpg

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Damn what year was that ?

May 21 1978.
It’s celebrating it’s 40th anniversary.
Still the same aircraft carrier technology running it to this day too!

Just wait until you try their new Hangtime or better yet, Xcelerator. It’s a true successor to Montezooma’s Revenge in both speed and thrills.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

May 21 1978.
It’s celebrating it’s 40th anniversary.
Still the same aircraft carrier technology running it to this day too!
Just wait until you try the new Hang Time.

That makes sense My birthday is on the 19th.
I think we waited over an hour for what , a 35 second ride ?

#239 5 years ago
#240 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Why choose?
Portillo’s too!
We just have to wait a bit until that big ol’ mass of blazin’ incandescent gas drops below the tip of Montezooma’s loop before we set out.[quoted image]

18% humidity! It's 72% here in St. Louis right now. And that's low compared to the last three weeks. I struggle to keep my home below 50% and that's with a whole house dehumidifier to supplement the air conditioner. Do you guys even sweat?

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

18% humidity! It's 72% here in St. Louis right now. And that's low compared to the last three weeks. I struggle to keep my home below 50% and that's with a whole house dehumidifier to supplement the air conditioner. Do you guys even sweat?

Humidity on Coronado currently is 65% ...ya we sweat

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Do you guys even sweat?

I aint sweating' that I won't still have a job come Wednesday.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I aint sweating' that I won't still have a job come Wednesday.

No way !?!

#244 5 years ago

Life's just gotten too darn easy, that's what it is.

#245 5 years ago

O-din,

Your Yelp reviews thread topic prompted me to look through the reviews on Tripadvisor for Pack and Paddle business down here in south LA.
PnP is more actively encouraging customers now to post reviews on TripAdvisor.
I can see that the owner of PnP is looking at these reviews and thanking customers for their feedback.

So here is a good one I got from redhotmess:
Kayaking In The Swamp
Great trip. Tour guide Mike was very friendly and informative and went above to make trip enjoyable. Thanks Mike!

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Life's just gotten too darn easy, that's what it is.

Is that a bad thing ?

#247 5 years ago

20180730_174807 (resized).jpg20180730_174807 (resized).jpg

On my way to coin-op , gaslamp SD

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is that a bad thing ?

No, and I'll probably be doing the same thing tonight as I did last night. Fortunately tomorrow is my day off.

I diid my own smog while I was there as it is now due and talked to the boss for a while. I'll probably end up working for him Saturday to make up for it.

He is really one of the nicest guys I've ever worked for. I asked him if I should maybe just start working two days instead of three or perhaps I need a real vacation for the first time in the six years I've been there. It's the longest I've held any job in my life.

As I drove away, I opened the window and said to him "good help is hard to find" . He said 'tell me about it".

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

18% humidity! It's 72% here in St. Louis right now.

Out here on the East Coast, it's currently 91% humidity. It's pretty much been that high all summer. I work outside, and I know it's gonna be a shit day when I walk outside my house and my glasses fog up. Thirsty? Just take a deep breath.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

better yet, Xcelerator.

Wonder what kind of review these guys left.

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-a-bad-review-on-yelp-today/page/5?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.