2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE23AF3F-9E4C-4FCA-99AA-C1C0C941ABC8 (resized).png
F63AA4A3-3D0D-4F38-868B-6BA68DD9933B (resized).jpeg
DA4AD5C0-6443-4363-BFE0-9C2D44BF0827 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
Sponge Bob o-din (resized).jpg
0id_qf.gif
DSCN5945 (resized).JPG
dc-8-61_national_airlines_1968_61_n45090 (resized).jpg
751E6674-3BCD-4520-9C12-4E094F9D6D7A (resized).jpeg
20180730_200332 (resized).jpg
20 is 20 (resized).jpg
20180730_174807 (resized).jpg
B99EE8AF-6E94-4001-8D41-F90C8E5281E3 (resized).jpeg
odin-sign-massage-specials (resized).jpg
F634DF26-17AD-41B2-9A79-763BAA6C03A5 (resized).jpeg
B1740578-07DA-4146-880F-5CFA675D1F01 (resized).jpeg

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Yes she could have stabbed herself in the heart and then what?

Looking at her other reviews she is very fond of acupuncture.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I would move to the hick south where the air is clean and the people are nice.

As long as your not black.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Ya the rest of us rubes are just ruining the earth why you compassionate hypocrites preach of how unclean we are and how gasoline powered cars are ruining the air just wait til you need a power plant on every corner to charge your electric cars I bet those won't belch pollution and the last time I drove from L.A. to Las Vegas there was trash from one end to the other thru the desert
so Mr insignificant state I maybe but you sir are an ass and thank God for the electoral college so us insignificants aren't ruled by your dictatorship state clean up your own house b4 you tell me how to run mine hypocrite

Did I personally attack you? I may be an ass but you sir are a dbag who knows nothing about my state.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Let's go back to this being a fun thread we can debate the facts of alternative power sources elsewhere as long as we got power for our pinball machines

Facts, by definition, aren’t debatable but I agree, back to yelp!! Plus there’s already another thread on electric cars going on!!

#155 2 years ago

Oh please I hope so. For I make my money on the demand for electricity.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did I personally attack you? I may be an ass but you sir are a dbag who knows nothing about my state.

Twice now and next time your in my insignificant state stop by and play my probably unworthy pins (to you) and my dbag bumpkin backwards ass will even offer you whatever beverage I have available

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think your t shirts are excellent, and I can tell that your negative reviews are few and far between, and should be of no concern.
But your mocking replies on yelp make you seem just slightly dicky.

is dicky a word? let's assume it is. well yes, i guess i kind of am. but what's more dicky.. me mocking the reviewer w a funny light-hearted reply, or the reviewer posting that malicious nonsense?

#158 2 years ago

I like your style I would drink and play there,especially if tattooed skanks hang out there. There's a bar in San Diego where people go because the staff are rude. Good for you to run a business. I always wanted a bar, but know how much goes on behind the scenes. Still maybe one day.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I like your style I would drink and play there,especially if tattooed skanks hang out there. There's a bar in San Diego where people go because the staff are rude. Good for you to run a business. I always wanted a bar, but know how much goes on behind the scenes. Still maybe one day.

thanks! we're proud of our place. actually, our staff is well-known as some of the friendliest and accommodating in brooklyn. most of our reviews mention that. we just don't put up w nonsense.

#160 2 years ago

OK,

Back to the scene of the crime. Half hour in, three cars done, three satisfied customers. One from Buena Park, one from La Mirada, one from Downey. I tell ya, they come from far and wide to see us!

All's quiet on the western front now. My paycheck is here with no other notices, so I guess I'm good. Of course who else would fill in on a Saturday for the boss while he's off at some wedding?

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

is dicky a word? let's assume it is. well yes, i guess i kind of am. but what's more dicky.. me mocking the reviewer w a funny light-hearted reply, or the reviewer posting that malicious nonsense?

I wish I had 1,000 up votes to give you.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK,
Back to the scene of the crime. Half hour in, three cars done, three satisfied customers. One from Buena Park, one from La Mirada, one from Downey. I tell ya, they come from far and wide to see us!
All's quiet on the western front now. My paycheck is here with no other notices, so I guess I'm good. Of course who else would fill in on a Saturday for the boss while he's off at some wedding?

Haven’t read the whole thread so maybe you already said...Did you tell the owner about the review? If not I would immediately. Nip it in the bud.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Did you tell the owner about the review?

He told me about it. He's OK, he realizes the customer is never right.

Since I have a little break in the action, I decided to reflect and understand why I got that review in the first place.

Since it is that young lady's only bad review, and she gave 5 stars in all the others, I decided to pull some quotes out of those other reviews to see what I might have done to make her smog inspection a more pleasurable experience.

"Filtered alkaline water lives here. I'm so happy!"

"thank you for my session today. From one soul to another l, I feel supremely guided and cared for"

"using the body testing methods you use to create a natural and tailored treatment plan was right up my alley"

"The metal from my belly ring was disrupting the energetic health of 9 different organs."

"I have learned the importance of allowing the demands of the human body to circulate energy"

"I had forgotten what it feels like to feel vivacious"

"Looking forward to walking my path and utilizing all the tools around me!"

"I am so appreciative that you helped me at the pit of my despair. I couldn't eat!!!"

"He supports my backbone!"

"To top it all off Palmy revived my poor tight body and helped out my achy knees."

"I cant thank you enough for my relief in pain and tightness."

"I have not since found a more skilled person for massage."

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He told me about it. He's OK, he realizes the customer is never right.
Since I have a little break in the action, I decided to reflect and understand why I got that review in the first place.
Since it is that young lady's only bad review, and she gave 5 stars in all the others, I decided to pull some quotes out of those other reviews to see what I might have done to make her smog inspection a more pleasurable experience.
"Filtered alkaline water lives here. I'm so happy!"
"thank you for my session today. From one soul to another l, I feel supremely guided and cared for"
"using the body testing methods you use to create a natural and tailored treatment plan was right up my alley"
"The metal from my belly ring was disrupting the energetic health of 9 different organs."
"I have learned the importance of allowing the demands of the human body to circulate energy"
"I had forgotten what it feels like to feel vivacious"
"I am so appreciative that you helped me at the pit of my despair. I couldn't eat!!!"
"He supports my backbone!"
"To top it all off Palmy revived my poor tight body and helped out my achy knees."
"I cant thank you enough for my relief in pain and tightness."
"I have not since found a more skilled person for massage."

I hope she doesn't have a husband.

That poor bastard would be living in hell on earth.

#165 2 years ago

You should've "supported her backbone" so her "9 organs" could " feel vivacious"!

#166 2 years ago

I was going to say call me old fashioned, but the whole time she was here, the thought of supporting her backbone never crossed my mind.

#167 2 years ago

smogcheck (resized).jpg

#168 2 years ago

We've come a long way in this industry since the days when one of my coworkers kept a bottle of Jack Daniels on his tool box and another a jar of human fingers.

#169 2 years ago

I'll bet if you put a couple of spirit crystals on the hood of her car she would've felt better.

#170 2 years ago

I miss the cough syrup days. You used to have to drink to do my work, but now you can't work if you drink.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

now you can't work if you drink.

That's why I only work here part time. I have plenty of drinking work to do at home. Sometimes I even amaze myself how well my pinball machines continue to operate.

#172 2 years ago

So here's the deal.

I am allowed to give friends and family a substantial discount.

And since I consider you all friends, if you come in on a day I work, which is normally Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I will do the inspection and certificate for $30 out the door. That's how good a mood I am in today!

It's got to be 2000 and newer vehicle though, as the old machine for the old cars took a dump a while back and we don't have a replacement yet.

#173 2 years ago

On my way from Seattle - hold me a spot for Tuesday!

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

On my way from Seattle - hold me a spot for Tuesday!

No worries! I've already had one satisfied customer from Texas and one from Florida today.

It's been real busy and the first time in a long time not one has been waving their phone in my face with a yelp deal!

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought she didn't have any tools.

#176 2 years ago

Who needs a tool when you've got nine different organs.

#177 2 years ago

She should call a Reiki master to heal that hood. You should have given her a dildo and at least if she couldn't get the hood up she could go f herself. People

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

...and of course the rural south where you couldn't pay me enough to live...
...If you guys from smaller, insignificant states...

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

My 2004 LE that looks just like that has around 130,000 miles and still runs great. It has never required any repair, just regular maintenance. That thing will probably go at least 5 more years, maybe 10, with no problems. That is also the last gen of Camry that looks nice. The new ones are ugly as hell with the goofball front designs.

My 2003 has 188,000 and runs like a dream. Unfortunately due to a deer at 120,000 and a hit and run parking garage incident it looks like hell. I had no faith it would last as long as it did, so I didn't get the body work done. My wife finds it embarrassing and is pushing to dispose of it. Anyway, you've safely got another 50,000 miles in yours

#180 2 years ago

At quarter to five, the 17th inspection of the day rolled in. A nice young lady with a lot of lipstick and a yelp coupon on her phone. 1st one of the day. She was cool and I got it done in less than ten minutes.

This thread was meant strictly for humor. And me glad I still have a job. And Camrys.

Post your best yelp finds here.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

I'll bet if you put a couple of spirit crystals on the hood of her car she would've felt better.

You and I think alike! I was going to say have a few Talisman Crystals hanging on the wall or the smog check machine which would have prevented all of this.

#182 2 years ago

Don't feel bad Odin ,
I drive for Uber and lyft and this morning I picked up a family at the university med center , mind you there are three separate entrances to this hospital .
Of course the address the client enters was not the "entrance " they were at . So after picking them all 5 of them up and driving across town While his wife won't shut up about every damn building we passed . " remember when that used be a Taco Bell etc etc etc blah blah . Totally uneventful trip, and when I drop them off there placetje gets out and under his breath , pretty loudly , says Well you're getting a bad review ! So roll the window down and say , " why is that Sir , because you put in the wrong address ? The guy doesn't even have the stones to turn and around and say anything just slowly walking away while his family is stil standing next to my car .
Idiots

#183 2 years ago

On I don't.

Monday AM and I already did 5 in the first hour with no yelps or complaints. Now if only the boss would replace this POS printer that keeps jamming I'd be really happy!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On I don't.
Monday AM and I already did 5 in the first hour with no yelps or complaints. Now if only the boss would replace this POS printer that keeps jamming I'd be really happy!

You should know by now. That is what they do.

p (resized).jpg

#185 2 years ago

PC LOAD LETTER? the fuck does that mean?

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You should know by now. That is what they do.

Yeah, but using the 20 year old one off the old machine when the new one took a dump was not the fix I was hoping for.

#187 2 years ago

That pile of ripped paper and the one still stuck in the machine, should be a good enough hint when he shows up tomorrow.

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK. Let me set the scene. I do smog tests at a one man shop and we are a 5 star yelp review station. Almost everybody loves us because we are fast and a good price.
So this lady comes in who the boss failed last week after using her yelp coupon. She had a broken hose. First off she starts bitching that we are going to charge her $15 for the retest and certificate. So I pull the car in which has been in an accident. The hood is smashed. I try several times to get it open but it won't. In these cases I ask the customer if they have some procedure to get the hood open or if they will go get it fixed. We don't do any repairs and don't need to be liable if the hood should fly open later. I pull the car back out and discuss that with the customer..
The boss always calls me to tell me when I get a great review, but yesterday he had different news...
"Omg. I am of the mind, "If you don't have anything nice to say, best not say anything". Not this time.
One of the men here had trouble getting my hood open. He said, "If you can get your hood open I'll retest your car". Also mentioned the level might be hooked on the inside of the car.
Attempt #1 I manually tried to open my hood and felt with my fingers for the level. Was too tight to find the lever.
Attempt #2 I asked, "Can I borrow some sort of tool that will help me unhook the lever?" ..as he stared at me reclining back on some equipment.
"What kind of tool?" he asked.
"One that might help me unlock the lever" (really?)
"Do you want a screwdriver?", he asks followed by, "do you think that will work?".
"I don't know", I replied. Can you handed me the screwdriver adding,
" if you can't get your head open and I won't be able to read test your car". With a matter of fact look he reclines back on his equipment to watch me.
I continued by angling the screwdriver to one side attempting to lift the lever from inside my head.
" hey it looks like you need help. I think if I go inside your car and pop the hood while you move the lever it might work", he says. It did.
"that's enough you can go back to your seat now", he says.
Dear Sir who did my smog retest today,
I strongly prefer not to return for a smog test here ever. You're reluctance to help me open the hood of my car is disgusting. Not only as a service provider, but as a man. What man reclines back to see a women struggle? How insignificant must you feel to be so detached and unconscious.
I write to you so that you may decide to be more polite and helpful with your future clients."

Few questions.
Did you explain the policy of why you wouldn't force the damn thing open?
What equipment were you reclining on?
Was said equipment comfortable to recline on?
Did you offer for her to recline on said equipment? If not and it was in fact comfortable perhaps she is angry because she did not get to experience the extreme comfort that you had.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Few questions.
Did you explain the policy of why you wouldn't force the damn thing open?
What equipment were you reclining on?
Was said equipment comfortable to recline on?
Did you offer for her to recline on said equipment? If not and it was in fact comfortable perhaps she is angry because she did not get to experience the extreme comfort that you had.

Anytime I get a hood that won't open with normal methods, especially one that has been damaged, I pull the vehicle out and explain the situation to the customer that part of the inspection is looking under the hood. Sometimes they have a rope or a chain holding it down and others it is some special trick to get it open. Others they have no choice but to take it somewhere and have surgery performed on the car, because there is no other way. We are test only so we do no repairs at all.

I will let them at it and if they ask for assistance I have no problem with that.I certainly don't stand over them breathing down their neck as I don't like them doing that to me, so I was standing back with my elbow on the shelf on the front of the smog machine while she toiled.
That must have been my recliner and no customers are allowed in that part of the shop.

Again, instead of just sending them on their way, I make it possible to get it done while they are still there whenever possible.

#190 2 years ago

I guess the part of the story I left out is this young lady did not tell me she had no idea what was wrong with her hood, she went right at it like she had done it before.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

she went right at it like she had done it before.

Before the accident, she did.

She didn't know that smashed in made a difference.

LTG : )

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was standing back with my elbow on the shelf on the front of the smog machine while she toiled.
That must have been my recliner and no customers are allowed in that part of the shop.

That does not sound like a very comfortable recliner. She was probably just jelly that she could not go in that area.

I assume the boss understands.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

She didn't know that smashed in made a difference.

Perhaps. But I can't tell when it was smashed and she went right to it and then asked me for a tool which I gave her.

All this took about five minutes and another five minutes to do the test and I guess ruin her day.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That does not sound like a very comfortable recliner.

This is not ours but it is the same machine. ESP Bar97.

It is now used only on pre 2000 and larger vehicles that can't use the wonderful new DAD system. DAD has made the job much easier as all that is required is plugging into the OBD II connector and no emissions test. BAR97 works the dyno, but is now a large paperweight or recliner if you will. It's been a great machine, but is now obsolete as we are now required to get a new internet based machine like the DAD to work the old cars.

No more dial up service, sorry folks. But that's the printer that barely still works.

bar97 (resized).jpg

#195 2 years ago

I think we need a website redemption videomade. Like on tosh.0!

#196 2 years ago

Wasn't there a smog or inspection guy in Wayne's World? I can kind of relate to that guy.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No more dial up service, sorry folks. But that's the printer that barely still works.

I have run many a phone line for those damn things back when I was in the field... pulling cable in a service bay is inevitably a dirty job.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

we are now required to get a new internet based machine like the DAD to work the old cars.

Your Dad sounds much more tech savy than mine. He still can't set the clock on the VCR.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wasn't there a smog or inspection guy in Wayne's World? I can kind of relate to that guy.

If you're gonna spew, spew into this ...

phil (resized).jpg

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But I can't tell and she went right to it and then asked me for a tool which I gave her.
All this took about five minutes and another five minutes to do the test and I guess ruin her day.

I guess she was expecting your tool to last more than 5 minutes and expecting a mouth test afterwards ruined her day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 209.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 37.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 89.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 1,000.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 109.99
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside