Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6953 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6337 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6953 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6069 (resized).PNG
    shelter (resized).jpg
    voted (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5648 (resized).PNG
    vote1 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6943 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6953 (resized).JPG
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

yep, this made me vote for one of the other 2.......

#52 7 years ago

I wish the pinball machine went to a good cause. Like those guys who put games in sick children wards at hospitals.

Rob

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

I'm sure the OP is a great guy but ehhh I can't imagine doing this to win a pinball machine. I would probably be more stoked on voting for someone who didn't have a pin yet rather than a collection already.

I know. This guy acts like his kid needs *another pin*, but its pretty obvious daddy has dumped some serious money into his collection already. OP is just greedy.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish the pinball machine went to a good cause. Like those guys who put games in sick children wards at hospitals.
    Rob

Agree 100%. Would rather see this go to kids who really need it rather than someone trying to bribe his way to another machine.

#54 7 years ago

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from osudrummer:

Oh you're "promoting" your son? Well when you put it that way

Lol!!!

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

Lol!!! You try to do something nice for people for going to vote. By the way these will be given away win or lose. They are not worth much, but I sure enjoy collecting them. Thank you to everyone for all the votes. Everybody keep on flipping and enjoy this hobby!!! I can take the criticism. Don't forget to vote tomorrow. Be blessed!!!

So like is this how every politician has to now claim to be "of faith" and a church goer before our well educated populace (cough, cough) will vote for them? "Be blessed." Well, heck, now I've got to go vote, a blessin' is at stake! Wouldn't wanna risk eternal damnation and all. Thanks OP, good luck!

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

Lol!!! You try to do something nice for people for going to vote. By the way these will be given away win or lose. They are not worth much, but I sure enjoy collecting them. Thank you to everyone for all the votes. Everybody keep on flipping and enjoy this hobby!!! I can take the criticism. Don't forget to vote tomorrow. Be blessed!!!

Thanks for reminding me to vote for someone else tomorrow as well.

#58 7 years ago

voted

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Thanks for reminding me to vote for someone else tomorrow as well.

Thanks for reminding me you're a tool....

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for reminding me you're a tool....

No Problem!

#61 7 years ago

added a second vote for you. And honestly I don't know why anyone should care if you are raffling off flyers for votes.... it's not like the voting is to keep someone alive over another

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

added a second vote for you. And honestly I don't know why anyone should care if you are raffling off flyers for votes.... it's not like the voting is to keep someone alive over another

sure, there are no lives at stake. but it's still disingenuous and shady both on his part and on Stern's part.

dude wants to win a $7,000 pinball machine. fine. who doesn't. but he's framing it like "hey help out my son!". that's the disingenuous part.

also, he is offering tangible rewards for the people who help him. buying votes. that's the shady part. it moves this fiasco out of the realm of a "fan contest" and into the realm an investment on this guy's part.

Stern allowing this to happen basically removes any pretense that this is a contest based on the merit of the entries. It reduces down to Stern saying "hey who wants to work for us for free? do as much online promotion for Stern as you possibly can, and whoever does the most marketing for us gets paid. the rest of you get nothing."

Yes, the point of any promotional contest by any company is marketing. but there is a point where it becomes exploitative.

#63 7 years ago

Voted for Cristin, she's cute!!

#64 7 years ago

Voted

#65 7 years ago

This place is in your neck of the woods....Maybe you could go donate it to them if you win.....
    ...I wonder if out of the other 997 photo entries if there was one similar to this one that entered?

shelter (resized).jpgshelter (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago

Voted

#67 7 years ago

Thank you for all the votes and overwhelming support for my son in the contest. I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I would love to see some pics of any pins you all got for Christmas.

#68 7 years ago

voted again

#69 7 years ago

Shameful...nothing else to say!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from kuelman:

nothing else to say!

Good!

#71 7 years ago

I'd be willing to give some of my shit away to help my kid win something. Unfortunately, my kid doesn't give a shit about pinball. Now if this was something for Zelda or Minecraft. You can bet she would have talked me into promoting stuff for her. She already has me doing it for her arcade wall hangings.

#72 7 years ago

Cute kiddo

IMG_6069 (resized).PNGIMG_6069 (resized).PNG

#73 7 years ago

2 more days to vote. The contest will be over Dec 31 at 11:59 pm CST. Thank you to everyone who has been voting. Please help us finish strong. Remember even if my little buddy doesn't win, we will still be giving away the autographed Stern Pinball Flyers, so please let us know if you vote and how many times.

IMG_6953 (resized).JPGIMG_6953 (resized).JPG

#74 7 years ago

IMG_6337 (resized).JPGIMG_6337 (resized).JPG

#75 7 years ago

Voted again

#76 7 years ago

I vote a few times a day. My computer, my wife's computer and my office computer.

#77 7 years ago

Voted again

#78 7 years ago

I've got yet another in for you

#79 7 years ago

3 more votes

#80 7 years ago

Voting each day, but I have no interest in the flyers--just interested in supporting a young kid's love for pinball. Every kid should grow up with a pinball machine.

#81 7 years ago

Thank you guys so much!!! It's been great. I'm glad it's over. If my son doesn't win at least we know we stayed within the rules from the beginning to the end. We will be giving the flyers away Monday. It's going to take us a good while to go through all the votes and names. I will post a video on my Facebook of the drawing, and be getting in touch with the winners.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

If my son doesn't win at least we know we stayed within the rules from the beginning to the end.

Actually, the original rules stated that the contestant had to be in the picture, but Stern changed that rule after they picked some finalists that weren't in the picture. It's not your fault Stern can't do a single thing right, but still, the original submission was outside of the rules.

Good luck though! I'm interested to see who Stern arbitrarily picks. Voting was just a dog and pony show that had little actual bearing on the results.

#83 7 years ago

Winner based on number of new Stern Pinball machines previously purchased new in box from authorized Stern Distributors and/or actual revenue generated by a Stern Distributorship. The decision of Gary Stern and Peterson Holdings LLC is Final.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Voting each day, but I have no interest in the flyers--just interested in supporting a young kid's love for pinball. Every kid should grow up with a pinball machine.

Yeah, this kid has 12 to play, his greedy father just wants a free machine.

#85 7 years ago

I like how pinside was donated to at near exact same time as this thread...grease anywhere and everywhere you can...

Just interesting coincidence before starting a thread like this...

#86 7 years ago

Better luck next time. Who won the autographed flyers?

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Yeah, this kid has 12 to play, his greedy father just wants a free machine.

Spot on.

#88 7 years ago

Wow...He lost.

#89 7 years ago

Congrats to Cristin! Even if this guy had the most votes Stern probably thought this give away was shady as hell.

#90 7 years ago

I voted for his kid a couple times. Just the fact that OP is a fellow SEC fan is enough for me. Wish the Hogs would have had a better bowl game performance though.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

Thank you guys so much!!! It's been great. I'm glad it's over. If my son doesn't win at least we know we stayed within the rules from the beginning to the end. We will be giving the flyers away Monday. It's going to take us a good while to go through all the votes and names. I will post a video on my Facebook of the drawing, and be getting in touch with the winners.

You followed Sterns rules but didn't follow societies rules on buying votes and using a kid for your own personal gain. Sorry the desperation didn't work out.

#92 7 years ago

I'm so happy for Cristin!! Of coarse we wanted to win, but we are still very excited for her and her family. I hope she and her kids have many years of joy out of her new Stern Pinball machine!!! It's all about the kids. Raise them to flip!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We will be giving away the flyers tomorrow. I will post a video and be getting in touch with the winners!! Thank you again for all the votes for my son. You guys have been great. Thank you again to Stern Pinball for choosing our photo. This has been an amazing experience!

#93 7 years ago

We have the 4 winners of the Autographed Stern Pinball Flyers!!! Congratulations to the following!!!
    1st Place: David Popadic
    2nd Place: MIL
    3rd Place: Spfxted
    4th Place: Jdawg4422
    We will be getting in touch with you in this order to find out which flyer you would like. Thank you to everyone who has voted!! Thank you again to Stern Pinball for picking Josiah's photo! Another congratulations to Cristin for winning the New Stern Pinball Machine!!! It's been a blast!! God bless.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHog:

I'm so happy for Cristin!! Of coarse we wanted to win, but we are still very excited for her and her family. I hope she and her kids have many years of joy out of her new Stern Pinball machine!!! It's all about the kids. Raise them to flip!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    We will be giving away the flyers tomorrow. I will post a video and be getting in touch with the winners!! Thank you again for all the votes for my son. You guys have been great. Thank you again to Stern Pinball for choosing our photo. This has been an amazing experience!

Did your son win anything? I imagine he's bummed.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Did your son win anything? I imagine he's bummed.

He's fine. We of course was wanting to win, but we've been blessed with a few machines in our collection. I just explained to him that Cristin's kids didn't have a new pinball and since she won this would be there 1st new Stern machine. After I told him that he was very happy for her kids getting there 1st new machine. Stern said they were going to send us a goodie bag of some stuff. I'm not sure what it will be, but that's very nice of them.

#96 7 years ago

Ok the 1st place winner picked the Metallica flyer. I'll be contacting MIL next.
    1st Place: David Popadic (Metallica)
    2nd Place: MIL

IMG_6953 (resized).JPGIMG_6953 (resized).JPG

#97 7 years ago

MIL picked Game of Thrones signed by Greg Freres. I'll be contacting Spfxted next.
    2nd Place: MIL (Game of Thrones/Greg Freres)

#98 7 years ago

Spfxted chose the Star Trek Flyer so that means jdawg4422 gets the Game of Thrones signed by Steve Ritchie.
    2nd Place: MIL (Game of Thrones/Greg Freres)
    3rd Place: Spfxted (Star Trek)
    4th Place: Jdawg4422 (Game of Thrones/Steve Ritchie)

#99 7 years ago

Thanks! It's been a fun ride!

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-giving-away-some-autographed-pinball-items-free/page/2?hl=pin-bot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.