View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
compare.jpg
thCA9AUEMR.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Sure, I've only had my baby pin since Sunday, and I've been busy with work and not able to devote much time to it, but I love it. It's so freaking cute and little beside JP. Besides a couple of light scratches on the cabinet, it's perfect. So pretty. So funny. I'm sitting here at work and the call-outs keep running through my head. The more I play, the more funny callouts I hear. Last night was the first time I'd heard "Don't let them take the interns!" and "Hey, can you guys take this dress?" on Abduction. He he.

We also got Frankenstein and took it to my mom's house, and she's already top score on it. Mom is super happy with her Frank but has already warned me that she will be fighting people to play RFM at my house on Thanksgiving. She has more time to play and likes the deeper games, and between 2 jobs and 9 rescue dogs, I really appreciate the relatively quick game times on RFM.

Husband and I are going to reset or at least write down the game count on both JP and RFM before company gets there on Thursday, and are betting that RFM gets at least 3 times the gameplay that JP does. (Mostly because of my mom.) At least that will hopefully keep everyone out of the kitchen for awhile since we are cooking for 20-25 people.

So don't worry little Revenge, you aren't going anywhere. Even though the bad Stern man at IAAPA told me that you were a piece of crap and I was stupid for buying you instead of a brand new Stern. Even though some people think you are a weird pinball/arcade hybrid and not a true pinball. Even though all the people at work, (when told that I got a new pinball machine over the weekend,) said "But I thought you already had a pinball? Why do you need two??" If you didn't weigh 360 pounds, I would have to change my locks to keep my mom from stealing you. And if/when Predator shows up and joins JP so I can continue with my jungle theme decorating, you'll get your very own room. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I miss mine

#3 11 years ago

>>Husband and I are going to reset or at least write down the game count on both JP and RFM before company gets there on Thursday, and are betting that RFM gets at least 3 times the gameplay that JP does.

I bet you are correct......RFM/SWEp1 is always a top player when I have company over (mostly the non-pinball playing crowds like that game)

#4 11 years ago

At my location, RFM is the stinker. SWE1 did much better, even at 75 cents/play vs. RFM at 50 cents/play. Seems like people play RFM once or twice and then they're done with it. If it weren't for the fact that I can swap in SWE1 to keep it fresh, I'd pull RFM and put in something else. Not trying to rain on your parade, just reporting what I see from the general public. It actually kind of surprised me, I expected RFM to do better than it is.

#5 11 years ago

We don't have a "general public" to worry about. It's just home use, and we're a little anti-social/busy to have company except at holidays. If they don't want to play my games, I don't care.

Oh, if anyone has a SWE1 playfield to sell, let me know. We'd eventually like the option to swap since it's available. We played a SWE1 at an arcade in Disney last week, but it wasn't in the best of shape and couldn't hear anything to know what we were doing. It looks cool, and we are Star Wars fans, but I don't know how much JarJar I can stand.

In other weird news, I was looking to see if I could find a picture of a martian riding a dinosaur, and found this. Awww yeah! That will have to go on the wall when Predator takes RFM's spot there. We are a little OCD and will put the 2 big pins together (with jungle tree decor) and the P2K in another spot.

thCA9AUEMR.jpgthCA9AUEMR.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Terrible game,please send my way ASAP.

#7 11 years ago

FWIW guests at my place love RFM. Much more than my "hard" machines. I'm quite fond of it myself. I don't play it everyday. But I can't imagine my collection without it. Congrats!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

It looks cool, and we are Star Wars fans, but I don't know how much JarJar I can stand.

It's not cool, it's actually a very boring game. Which is a shame because RFM is such a fun & funny game to play. Star Wars is the exact opposite.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not cool, it's actually a very boring game. Which is a shame because RFM is such a fun & funny game to play. Star Wars is the exact opposite.

Totally agree with that. SWE1 is bla. I love my RFM and I still don't know why it doesn't command prices similar to AFMs.

#10 11 years ago

RFM is really underrated IMO. It gets paned by pinball purists because of its use of a video monitor. It's routinely referred to as "not" pinball but I totally disagree. WAAAAAAY ahead of its time with the use of PC and design. I'm not fully sure but it still might be the most advanced pin. The potential was never fully realized before the plug was pulled on the Midway pinball division.

Does anyone know if WOZ is using a PC?

#11 11 years ago

RFM is the shit. I love mine. Fantastic format. Hard as hell.

#12 11 years ago

Please tell us more about how Gary Stern insulated you.

p2k still is the future even with woz on the market soon. P2K WAS THE FINAL FRONTIER

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Does anyone know if WOZ is using a PC?

yes running a linux kernel

#14 11 years ago

yes it was. And bally williams are dicks of a company for the way they set it up. B/W knew they were getting out of pinball before they even had the team make p2k. Personally, I think they purposely had the team design something revolutionary, so they could patent the shit out of it, then put the kabash on the whole project, just so someone else couldnt' invent it and make it. The way things were handled, it sure seems like it. Like they made 2 games just for show and screwed the rest of the world to have to stick with old school pinball.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

RFM is really underrated IMO. It gets paned by pinball purists because of its use of a video monitor.

I panned it for a long time because I grouped it in with SWe1. Then I played it months ago and forgot how fun it was. It also gets a little panning because it's the exact same as AFM basically.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Please tell us more about how Gary Stern insulated you.

It wasn't Gary, it was a rep at IAAPA. I was watching hubby play XMen and AC/DC. Rep guy was very nice and polite, but I mentioned that while I was there on vacation that my parents had bought me a RFM from a guy who was saving up for AC/DC. He proceeded to tell me that P2Ks had tons of board problems, that they always need repairs, and they aren't reliable. Then he said all older Bally/Williams were actually in that same boat, and that they went downhill in reliability, and he was glad he could sell his for stupid amounts of money now so he could buy new Sterns because they are much better and reliable. I know he was just trying to promote the company, but don't tell someone that the game they just bought is crap. It doesn't help make yours look better. Especially when I think mine is cooler for a fraction of the cost.
(Plus I can go check out RFM's former owner's AC/DC for free if/when he gets it.)

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It also gets a little panning because it's the exact same as AFM basically.

I have never seen/played AFM, so I looked it up on Youtube. It does look very similar, and I'll gladly take my RFM for a fraction of what they are going for.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

p2k still is the future even with woz on the market soon.

I could not agree with this more. SO much unrealized potential. Even with nucore (temporarily?) gone I still hold out hope Wizard Blocks gets finished someday.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

It wasn't Gary, it was a rep at IAAPA. I was watching hubby play XMen and AC/DC. Rep guy was very nice and polite, but I mentioned that while I was there on vacation that my parents had bought me a RFM from a guy who was saving up for AC/DC. He proceeded to tell me that P2Ks had tons of board problems, that they always need repairs, and they aren't reliable. Then he said all older Bally/Williams were actually in that same boat, and that they went downhill in reliability, and he was glad he could sell his for stupid amounts of money now so he could buy new Sterns because they are much better and reliable. I know he was just trying to promote the company, but don't tell someone that the game they just bought is crap. It doesn't help make yours look better. Especially when I think mine is cooler for a fraction of the cost.
(Plus I can go check out RFM's former owner's AC/DC for free if/when he gets it.)

let me guess dorky looking emo dude named Jody. If it was Jody he know about as much as a ant about pinball. Jody very much looks down on Pinball people. He all but flat out said to my wife pinball people where losers and that where he came from, the music business people where so much better etc.

#20 11 years ago

Didn't see a name badge on him, was an older guy and nicely dressed and mannered except for bashing my pin.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Didn't see a name badge on him, was an older guy and nicely dressed and mannered except for bashing my pin.

you should honestly relay your experience to Gary.

[email protected]

#22 11 years ago

I agree,with today's technology Pin 2 k would have evolved to its potential.
Give the full playfield and keep the interaction,something JJP should have done.

#23 11 years ago

Speaking of "full playfield"... I found this the other night and thought it was interesting.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/pinball2000/faq.html

I noticed that the Pinball 2000 cabinet is shorter than the old pinball cabinet. Why?

To get the optimal manufacturing yield from our cabinet vendors, the cabinet was made slightly shorter. This also met a request from our European operators to make the pinball footprint smaller while delivering the same Williams pinball feel everyone knows.

While the cabinet width has not changed, the depth has been changed from 51.5" to 47.5", a difference of four inches. (Flyers that quote a depth of 55" are referring to the crated game).

This means the playfield has been shortened as well. By making very small adjustments to the playfield geometry, our designers have found they can give the same Williams pinball feel, and the change is not even noticable! The distance from the flippers to the ramps, scoops, and other shots has not changed at all.

For history buffs, Williams' standard playfield length increased from 42" to 46" in 1988. With Pinball 2000, the size is changing from 46" to 43". This makes the Pinball 2000 playfield 1 inch longer than classics such as Firepower, Black Knight, Comet, High Speed, Pin*Bot, and Cyclone among many others.

compare.jpgcompare.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Back on the original topic, congrats! My brother has a RFM, and it is, IMHO, hands-down the funniest pin ever.

"Forget the dress, we want the stinky cigar!"

Classic.

Later,
EV

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I have never seen/played AFM, so I looked it up on Youtube. It does look very similar, and I'll gladly take my RFM for a fraction of what they are going for.

It's a sequel game and has the exact same playfield layout minus a thing or two. But yes when comparing prices I'd take a RFM all day.

#26 11 years ago

Congrats on your RFM, I have had mine for over a year and still notice little cool things about it. In regards to reliability, and the Stern douche, no worries, if it poops out, Rob Anthony can fix it since NuCore took their ball and went home for now. Have you seen "Tilt" yet? If not, as a Pin2k owner you must! It is an amazing story how Pin2k came to be and a heartbreaking ending for all us pinheads. I still say that Wizard Blocks would have been the game that really put everything together. In regards to the patents for Pin2k and Williams shuttering the pinball division, Pat Lawlor said on his Topcast interview, that he could replicate Pin2k without infringing any patents, so JJP listen up! Lol. Anyway, congrats and hope you enjoy the game as much as I have mine!

#27 11 years ago

RFM is such a fun and funny game. It can get a little repetative but when you come back its always good for a laugh.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Have you seen "Tilt" yet?

Yes. We watched Special When Lit a couple of times, then finally found Tilt in iTunes. I really liked it and it made me more interested in the game since I'd never seen one. A local billiards shop had one for $3800 that barely worked, so when the only local pin collector told me he was selling off some of his pins and that was one of them, I got excited. I of course was 9 hours away in Florida, so I sent the parents to check it out. Next thing I know they text me that they got MSF and RFM, and asked which one I wanted. Merry Christmas to me. Now we've got to have the parents over to watch Tilt.

#29 11 years ago

Tilt is a great watch.

Congrats on the RFM!

#30 11 years ago

Congrats, RFM is a very underrated game, I like it better than SWEI, which sits beside it.

#31 11 years ago

I have yet to get a chance to play this game. Never seen one in person, yet I find a SWEP1 on location. Sigh...

#32 11 years ago

A few comments:

Congrats on the RFM purchase - it's a great game! Good flow, great humor, balanced scoring, etc.

I have to echo the comments that SWE1 is not nearly as good, but understand if you are still looking for a conversion kit for the novelty.

As someone who owned an RFM, but had little exposure to AFM, I used to think they were similar games, similar layouts, etc. However, the more I play AFM, the more I understand and appreciate their differences. AFM really is a much different game, obviously on the same theme. Just my $0.02

I hope you and all your visitors enjoy your new game!

#33 11 years ago
#34 11 years ago

I agree though when I had mine in my location next to episode 1 it didnt make any money, but I kept it for 4 years just because I liked to play it

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Wow, talk about expanding your collection quickly! Didn't you just start with JP not more than a few months back? Already up to five pins!

#36 11 years ago

I sold mine a few weeks ago and it's still sitting at my house, I have been paid but the guy is a no show. I'm not chasing him around, I sold it so cheep he's lucky if I don't piss in the cab be4 I send it on its way.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

he's lucky if I don't piss in the cab be4 I send it on its way.

Classy !

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow, talk about expanding your collection quickly! Didn't you just start with JP not more than a few months back? Already up to five pins!

My listed collection is our "family collection" between my house and my parents. They have had Twin Win for years. I got JP in June, then my parents had to 1-up me with TAF. There is nothing here local, so last week when a fellow pinsider gave me first shot at the ones he had for sale, my parents bought MSF and RFM. So yes... 6 months ago we just had an old pin sitting in a garage, but apparently I gave my parents pinball fever pretty bad and they are funding my habit.

#39 11 years ago

RFM is a game that every pinball collector should own at some point. I personally like it better than AFM even without price consideration.

#40 11 years ago

I took mine apart to refinish about 2 months ago, I cant wait to play it again! I really enjoy the theme which must be why I dig it so much. I need your melons! Funniest pin ever produced, hands down

#41 11 years ago

Congratulations on the RFM. I just finished a full teardown on mine which included rebuilding all 3 pop bumpers and replacing a transistor on the Power Driver Board (first time doing solder work on a motherboard. Very Scary .

This game is a blast. Plays so much better when it is working 100%. The callouts make this game one of funniest I've played. The Bill Clinton impersonator was awsome. "Don't let them take the Interns" and "Take my wife not my truck." are my favorites. I can't kelp but chuckle eveytime I here them.

#42 11 years ago

I know what you mean when people say "why do you have more than 1 pin?" Then, they always ask how much they cost and how much money I spent on them. Jeesh. People should worry about their spending habits than ours. But, the same people who asks about the price are usually the one playing and marveling over them as well. I told this one family member that collecting pins is just like classic car collectors. You can only drive/play one, you like modding them out and making them different looking from the other ones, only true collectors know the "true" market value of the item and how much time, money, and love goes into your "toy". BTW, nice pick up and congrats. I know there is more to come!:0)

#43 11 years ago

You are dead on with that comparison Indypin. My dad was into classic cars. He bought them, tweaked them, chromed them etc.
So when my brother (who started doing the same thing as my dad) asked me why so many Pins etc, I made that same comparison.

I just chromed out my Tron Pro this last week as a nod to my dad who passed away about 2 years ago this month. Made me feel so good to include something he did into my own hobby. I think my brother finally gets it after seeing the picture of Tron all shiny.

#44 11 years ago

Congrats on the new pin, blondetall! RFM is a great game. Make sure you are running the latest software (at least 1.5). If you are, there is a setting that will open up the orbits on certain shots. The game will flow better and be quite a bit more fun.

#45 11 years ago

Took some beauty shots last night. I love my JP and it is very nice, but RFM almost makes it look bad in comparison.
That's flash and not a rubbed spot on the last pic. I really can't find any wear on it at all except on the cabinet.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#46 11 years ago

You needs some Green Rubber on those Flippers.

#47 11 years ago

It had red, and they were too bouncy for my liking. I've got green on my JP but no extras on hand, but green will be in my next pinball parts order. I had some black 'backup' ones that I'd ordered for mom's TAF before she decided to go purple, so was trying them out for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-freaking-love-revenge-from-mars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.