You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0653.jpg
YoTaxi.jpg
image.jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Double check your game to make sure it's level before doing anything else.

+1

#53 10 years ago

I have never tried, but can you loosen the mech that kicks the ball out and reposition it?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

*Raises hand.*

Hell yeah Ed, I saw you do this while playing my Taxi and I chuckled.

#56 10 years ago

I would say this game was on the chopping block right after I got it. It was missing the plastic over the Marilyn drop targets and every time I would go for the drop target shot it would cause an air ball and go to the right out lane. Once I found a picture of the plastic and cut it out and installed it has made the game more enjoyable. I play this one a lot now and cannot see it going anywhere soon.

#57 10 years ago

I sure do love my Taxi! The longer I own it the steeper the tilt gets and the harder the rules get. To make the jackpot a bit more balanced - I lowered the both the build jackpot time and the amount each switch adds to the jackpot. On average it builds to about 1 million then someone gets it.
--
Jeremy Agema
Central WI

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I sure do love my Taxi! The longer I own it the steeper the tilt gets and the harder the rules get. To make the jackpot a bit more balanced - I lowered the both the build jackpot time and the amount each switch adds to the jackpot. On average it builds to about 1 million then someone gets it.
--
Jeremy Agema
Central WI

When I had a Taxi, I upped the lowest amount for the jackpot to 1 million. I hated hitting the jackpot and having it go back to 500 thousand. I felt it should be at least a million to match the million shot after hitting the airport ramps. Mine never had a chance to build up to much over a million. Maybe I should have increased the difficulty? Nonetheless, even after it became easier for me I still loved it. Sold it to my brother-in-law so I still get to play it occasionally, just had to make room for Whirlwind.

#59 10 years ago

I remember playing Taxi new in 1989, it sat next to Jokerz, I hated Taxi! Bought my Taxi last Nov, and for some reason, I love it now. Go figure.
My kickout was sending the ball right between the flippers too, till I slightly tweaked/bent the stainless lane guide, now it's straight to center of the right flipper.

#60 10 years ago

I just found a little bug in the taxi tonight. If you drop the last pinbot target and then drop the last lola target before the little pinbot victory sound, you will only get credit for the lola. The game is super addicting and fun, I'll be sad to see it go. I've got a players' machine and I won't be keeping it for long.

IMAG0653.jpgIMAG0653.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-freaking-love-my-taxi-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.