2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DaMoib
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DPMjJjTXkAYilao (resized).jpg
    IMG_2382 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Purely by accident I found a dirt cheap way to ship glass, had 5 sheets of glass standing on edge and they fell over resulting in this, should be much cheaper than normal. As a bonus I'm going to sell them on Ebay as puzzles, it will keep the kids busy for years and I'll be rich!!

IMG_2382 (resized).JPGIMG_2382 (resized).JPG
    #2 2 years ago

Good thing the box was there to catch all the pieces! I hate putting a puzzle together only to find out I'm missing a piece

#3 2 years ago

i reduced the size of an Ice Cold Beer bezel like that once. one of the more exciting things i've ever done in the hobby!

#4 2 years ago
    DPMjJjTXkAYilao (resized).jpgDPMjJjTXkAYilao (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago

With the weight of glass you will have to transfer it into flat rate boxes to get the best shipping price. At least it will fit well!

#6 2 years ago

You could do some trendy click bate youtube thing and try melting it down and making something out of it.
    I broke a glass for an arcade game in a garage of a rental like 10+ years ago and still found glass pieces when I moved out a couple years later. I even STILL found glass pieces just a few years ago in an old tool box I rarely use from that same stupid piece of glass. That box saved the day for sure.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

You could do some trendy click bate youtube thing and try melting it down and making something out of it.
    I broke a glass for an arcade game in a garage of a rental like 10+ years ago and still found glass pieces when I moved out a couple years later. I even STILL found glass pieces just a few years ago in an old tool box I rarely use from that same stupid piece of glass. That box saved the day for sure.

Had a machine shipped to me from Tenn. couple years ago and the glass broke, it took HOURS to get it out and like you said, still found pieces in the machine for weeks, can you imagine if it weren't tempered glass, OMG!

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

.... As a bonus I'm going to sell them on Ebay as puzzles, it will keep the kids busy for years and I'll be rich!![quoted image]

Yeah, but then the cheap overseas knockoffs (using sweepings from the side of the highway) come in and knock you off. Those kids will be laboring away on their new puzzle expecting pinball glass as the reward and when they're done... they have the windshield of a 2003 Toyota.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-found-the-dirt-cheap-way-to-ship-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.