stars3 (resized).jpg
stars2 (resized).jpg
stars1 (resized).jpg
B207168D-B3E9-47F1-9EB9-8D47E4C853F3 (resized).png
20210121_201249 (resized).jpg
9B79CD52-AD55-4BAF-9A85-EBFABD685D74 (resized).jpeg
4FF42A0C-DC44-4881-823F-800B80E162A0 (resized).jpeg
35170ACD-F98B-412A-9244-677EC160B074 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

Stars is amazing. Definitely set up unlimited 100k collects. Hearing that chime that is reserved for that collect only is so satisfying.

#18 3 years ago

I’m pretty sure I have the meanest stars on earth.

#28 3 years ago

We need to have an all stars tournament where we meet up at a show and lineup like ten of them for people to have their souls crushed all weekend. Haha

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I think I could give you a run lol...

Used it in the Pincinnati tournaments in 2019. The average four player game across two days took an average of 11 mins. Haha.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

In four player groups average of under 9 minutes pretty quick playing games lol...

[quoted image]

Yikes. It looks like your games are WAY too hard. Not a single dmd 4 player game taking longer than 15 mins? Whoa baby.

Well hot wheels I guess but still under 20. I try to keep all games 20-25 mins especially in matchplay so the players don’t feel cheated. That’s way next Pincinnati stars is going on five ball and grouped with the EMs.

2 months later
#68 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL, mine too!
Have had the chance to hit the moving star for a hundred K a few times. What a great feature! This game has so many really nice nuances that really are pleasing to the player. One cool one is the value of the single pop number to hitting the two upper playfield stars. Having only one pop, but making it so important in progressing though the game...very simple yet very elegant!
Do I rip the the spinner with two lights or do I knock down the last target to get triple bonus? Damn, drano! Only got the double bonus and just missed the score for an extra ball..... how many times has that happened.... .

Just wait until you see what happens after completing the drops after you collect EB.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Chuck, do you mean after collecting an extra ball via score ( in my case 300K) or by progressing through the drop double...trible...extra ball sequence of the drops?

Drops. Get that EB from score turned off. Haha.

#72 3 years ago

Haha. I hear ya. Mines actually on 5 ball now because the game times are way too short on 3.

The only EB mine gives out is from the drops. I’ll keep that on and see how it does in tournaments.

#77 3 years ago

Good idea. They are never broken on Nugent.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I never go for only 2 stars with the spinner....usually I will hit it on 4. I only go for 5 if I'm up or very desperate and behind the other players.

I think they are talking left spinner. Much easier to light that one.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

One of the reasons it's a great game is there are so many ways to score.

Yeah and this statement should be impossible for a game from 1979.

3 weeks later
#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I love hearing that 10,000 chime rapid fire 10 straight times a few times during the game.

One of the best moments in pinball. Even better when you can get 4-5 in one ball!

#97 3 years ago

I’ve had the game for over a year, used for lots of tournaments, and I’m no slouch myself. The high score was around 600k before I turned it to 5 ball. Now it’s around 900k.

I would sell the game if I was only limited to one 100k per ball. Haha. It’s too damn hard to step to not get rewarded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-finally-understand-the-love-for-stars?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.