• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-508.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have been wanting a newer pin for awhile now and the wife and I have always dreamed of an Indiana Jones making the lineup. After thinking about it and endlessly discussing it for months today I finally pulled the trigger on one. We have always liked the Stern one and I honestly didn't care for the Williams one until I played it, but after playing it I really enjoy that one to. The one we settled on is an IJ4. It's HUO with about 200 plays on it and is in immaculate shape. This is by far the most expensive game I have ever bought but I guess you have to step into that market at some point. This is also the first pin I have ever had shipped so that makes me a little nervous to. I had a few questions since I have never bought or shipped something like this before.

1. With so low of plays I was thinking of ordering cliffy's and a shooter lane protector before the pin even arrives and install them day 1. Is this a good Idea? I have heard that the cliffy's can hurt the way the game plays

2. Is there any must do mods or any updates that is good to know about software etc.?

#2 10 years ago

I have cliffys on my met pro. I think they are a good idea. I dont see how shooter lane cliffys could affect gameplay. I also have them on the playfield for the mystery hole. Only positive things to say. Zero downside. Well worth it. In fact i ordered them for the TFLE i picked up recently. Need to put those in this weekend.

#3 10 years ago

Cliffy's rock!
Well, i have a full Cliffy set on my SM and its been working without a hitch. HOWEVER... My shooter lane protector; the one that goes on the side of the right rail, as turned out to be useless. Its protects the wood, but it also makes the ball bounce right back into the trough. Which then freezes up the game and i have to manually eject the ball via switch test. I took it off and havent had a problem since.

-If the game is not up to date, then load your zip drive and get the latest code.

-Clean the ol girl as much as you can, wax'r up good and get some new balls.

-Google new mods

#4 10 years ago

Congrats on your new game.

#5 10 years ago

If you put a Cliffy in the middle of the playfield on Indy (target bank protector as I recall?) it has to be perfectly flat or it can affect the ball sticking in the little loop behind them. (Special mode hole or something?)
Trust me.

#6 10 years ago

Congratulations on your new game. May it bring you lots of great times.

LTG : )

#7 10 years ago

Congrats switch! I wish my wife would get excited about a new title.

#8 10 years ago

Exciting to get a new game delivered to your house! I hope the shipping process goes smoothly. Your other pins are going to feel sad and neglected...

#9 10 years ago

congrats! warm up the flipper fingers!

#10 10 years ago

Yes congratulations on the new game

#11 10 years ago

Awesome that you stepped into the market.. LOL

I like IJ4, and it is alot-o-fun... good looker too.

Kudos on the pin wife, my GF is super cool but if i held a gun to her head, ( a loaded gun to boot), i couldnt get here to puch the start button LOL

Congrats, and your shipping ordeal, it will be 99% just fine, dont sweat the small stuff

post some pics when it gets home

#12 10 years ago

Sounds like I need to get some cliffys on order then. What are your opinions on mirror blades for this game?

#13 10 years ago

Congrats! IJ4 isn't the deepest game and does not get a lot of love here on Pinside, but I personally like the game. Out of curiosity,did you buy the machine from Game Room Guys? I had my eye on that one... :

#14 10 years ago

Necessary mods: Cliffy's, shaker, Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity sub.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Congrats! IJ4 isn't the deepest game and does not get a lot of love here on Pinside, but I personally like the game. Out of curiosity,did you buy the machine from Game Room Guys? I had my eye on that one... :

Ya It definitely doesn't get a lot of love here but my wife is a huge Indy fan and this is her grail pin. I think the cabinet art is some of the best out there and should look good displayed with some indy memorabilia. I have heard the rule set is a bit lacking but that's ok we are novice players and the easier something is to understand that just makes it more fun for guests to play because they can catch on quick. I kinda like the games with straight forward objectives. I can focus more on enjoying the game rather than figuring out which modes I need to stack to get the max score out of my next multiball. I did buy the game from game room guys. seems to be the nicest one I have seen at that price with that low of plays and the shipping is included to my door step so why not. Seems a nice HUO IJ4 sells pretty commonly for around the 5K mark so I thought it was fair and they are really nice people to deal with. They are even going as far as to meet some of my dumb requests. Since this is the most expensive game I have ever bought by more than double and will probably be as close as I ever get to a NIB game I asked if they could ship it to me all wrapped up in a shiny new Stern box so I can pretend to get that NIB experience. I know its dumb but they are kind enough to honor my request. So so far I have been very pleased with there customer service. If my wife wouldn't stab me I would have bought that street fighter as well. I love that game.

Quoted from Schusler:

Necessary mods: Cliffy's, shaker, Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity sub.

I will definitely have to check into a sub. I was thinking about onbe of those for my JP but I have a pretty neat idea on how I could integrate it with the Indy theme.

#16 10 years ago

Congrats!!! Live life... Play pinball!

#17 10 years ago

I played a beat up IJ4 pin at the Garden City Arcade in garden city beach, SC. I liked it a lot. The first time i got that huge Ark multiball with like 8 balls.... Wow. Big freaking grin on my face!

#18 10 years ago

Externaley powered sub.. way better !

#19 10 years ago

I'm really thinking about makine IJ4 the final machine in my 3 machine line up along with LOTR and Hobbit. I plan to eventually get rid of my Earthshaker and Whirlwind to fund it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I played a beat up IJ4 pin at the Garden City Arcade in garden city beach, SC. I liked it a lot. The first time i got that huge Ark multiball with like 8 balls.... Wow. Big freaking grin on my face!

Any update to there lineup. It's been about 3 years since my last trip to Surfside. Last time I was there I played LOTR, Nascar,IJ4, and POTC. I love the Surside, Murrells Inlet area!

#21 10 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! I too am lucky and in the club where my wife is into the hobby!

#22 10 years ago

And. Me a current ij4 owner
Id recommend inserts in leds and gi s in bulbs

Oh here she is been there for a year so far

image-508.jpgimage-508.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

I have heard the rule set is a bit lacking but that's ok we are novice players and the easier something is to understand that just makes it more fun for guests to play because they can catch on quick. I kinda like the games with straight forward objectives. I can focus more on enjoying the game rather than figuring out which modes I need to stack to get the max score out of my next multiball.

Agree completely. Stern did a great job with the theme and some games you just need to be able to play and have fun and not worry about a lot of things.

I did buy the game from game room guys. seems to be the nicest one I have seen at that price with that low of plays and the shipping is included to my door step so why not.

When you said HUO and low plays, I figured it was the same game. I was sooooooooo very close to pulling the trigger on that one myself. Others will disagree with me, but IMHO I think it was good deal given the condition. It's also great to hear the sellers were willing to box it and take care of everything for you.

Enjoy your new game when it arrives!

#24 10 years ago

Congrats. If I had a lot more space and a lot more money (neither of which is going to happen, I am quite sure), I'd put an IJ4 next to my IJ and let guests play them both. Each has its own qualities. Congrats on the purchase!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Any update to there lineup. It's been about 3 years since my last trip to Surfside. Last time I was there I played LOTR, Nascar,IJ4, and POTC. I love the Surside, Murrells Inlet area!

I was just there over Thankgiving week. The upstairs was closed and i think there may be a pin or two upstairs... But downstairs it was just POTC and IJ4. I got my name up as the 2nd High score on POTC. Played a couple days that week with the father in law.

My family goes to garden city surfside beach every summer. And then every once in a while we will do Thanksgiving down there too. I love it. So relaxing.

#26 10 years ago

Arcade is closed for the winter, drove by it today. Hopefully they will add more machines when it opens

#27 10 years ago

Enjoy !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-finally-pulled-the-trigger-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.