Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by furnissrohio
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 96 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20150422_14_35_16_Pro.jpg
image-444.jpg
image.jpg
20150328_202013.jpg
20150328_201204.jpg
image.jpg
20150324_190536.jpg
20150324_220226.jpg
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
20150318_192259.jpg
20150322_220037.jpg
20150322_214531.jpg
images-2.jpeg
20150322_030740.jpg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

I got the Premium train installed tonight .

Here is "before":

20150324_190536.jpg

Here is after:

20150324_220226.jpg

Let me tell you, this was a .........testament to my patience. I do not know exactly how other Pro owners have gone about it, but I had to nearly take the left ramp out to properly mount it to the ramp. I utilize a hex screw for the back, as the front hole in the train and the ramp protector hole were a good 1/4" off and there was respectfully no way they were going to line up. I dunno .

I created two alligator clip leads and connected it to the "Rock and Roll Train" lamp in the juke box, so it's primarily active during that song; however, there are other times you hit the left ramp and the light will activate.

Definitely looks 100x better than that static plexiglass picture, but I will say, it was a "trial by fire".

#102 5 years ago

Videos of the train.

First is right before the ball is launched. Sorry about the bass; it isn't THAT loud here in the house. Phone mic must be extremely sensitive.

Here is the train with the game in attract mode.

#103 5 years ago

God... I envy all you multimillionaires... Great work on the pin.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

God... I envy all you multimillionaires... Great work on the pin.

Man, I envy them too D: ...!

#105 5 years ago

Install the Pro train plastic on the right ramp against the sidewall. No drilling required. I used the preeexisting screw hole. Looks nice.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Install the Pro train plastic on the right ramp against the sidewall. No drilling required. I used the preeexisting screw hole. Looks nice.

I do not see any pre-existing holes except for the anchor screws that go into the hex stand-offs. Do you have a picture of your setup? If so, I would love to do this!

#107 5 years ago

I'm not at home, but here's an old picture that may help. I anchored the plastic with one screw and a dab of hot glue on the other screw hole.

image.jpg

#108 5 years ago

Zoom in and look to the right of the band plastic.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Zoom in and look to the right of the band plastic.

Got it!! I'll see what I can do. It's not like anyone will prolly want the static train plexi piece so might as well make it part of the game!

This weekend, I install the same sound system I did in Metallica. Oh, it's going to be awesome .

#110 5 years ago

I am currently installing the metallik sound system in ACDC. I got the support slide rails and orange superbands on today .

20150328_201204.jpg20150328_202013.jpg

Pictures and videos of the sound system install to come soon.

#111 5 years ago

Are the LEDs on the AC/DC Pro new? I thought those were made before they were putting LEDs in the pro version. Sorry for the stupid question.

Also congrats on the machine! AC/DC remains the favorite in my collection.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Are the LEDs on the AC/DC Pro new? I thought those were made before they were putting LEDs in the pro version. Sorry for the stupid question.
Also congrats on the machine! AC/DC remains the favorite in my collection.

Never any stupid questions .

The LEDs came like this from Stern (already installed in the machine), and it looks like they are using CT.

#113 5 years ago

why didn't you just buy a premium?

#115 5 years ago

Some close ups of where I parked the train plastic:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

why didn't you just buy a premium?

This question kills me. The Pro and the Premium are two separate animals and play differently. I bought the Pro, I didn't settle. It was a conscious decision.

Do you like the lower playfield? Do you like the dancing band? Do you have an extra $2K? If so, buy the Premium and have a nut. If the answer was no, buy the Pro. Not rocket science.

#117 5 years ago

So unfortunately, the sound setup was a total disaster. I worked it exactly like I did Metallica, and the cabinet speaker was getting nearly zilch in terms of output. I had some weird sound noise like a heartbeat going through my speakers - both the translite speakers and the cabinet speaker. I am guessing I had a bad power supply as I got this with either equalizer and tried it on both the translite and cabinet speaker.....I dunno. I put my game back to factory setup for now until I take a week or two off from modding and just play my game.

#118 5 years ago

Nice thread, I picked up a premium yesterday so like reading about all your mods. Mine came with clarion speakers and an amp, plus it has the standard 12" woofer (not sure if the pro has it), amazing sound, best ive ever heard on a pin.

No side mirrors? They look great on acdc.

2 weeks later
#119 5 years ago

What happened to the "continual" updates??

I know, you're having way too much fun.

1 week later
#120 5 years ago

Don't worry....I got a new power supply, and if I have time today, I am re-tackling the sound system!!

#121 5 years ago

Halfway done....!

#122 5 years ago

Totally done now, and holy shit is this game loud.

PM me if you want to learn how to incorporate the Boss AVA1404 equalizers into your ACDC. It's like a damn rock concert going on here.

Whatever plug and play "kit in a box" you're getting for $200+, it pales in comparison to this. Absolutely insane.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

I'm very interested in trying out any "custom" roms made with pin browser for my led pro!

Ok, what is this "PIN Browser" people keep referring to ? ? I have an AC/DC Pro and want to understand if I can alter the jukebox songs ? Add to ?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Ok, what is this "PIN Browser" people keep referring to ? ? I have an AC/DC Pro and want to understand if I can alter the jukebox songs ? Add to ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Definitely worth the effort on changing your songs out to ones you like. There is also a guy that makes replacement jukebox plastics. PM sent

#126 5 years ago

NPO, you've got to get some mirror blades installed! they look awesome on the led pro...

WP_20150422_14_35_16_Pro.jpg
#127 5 years ago

NPO, you've got to get some mirror blades installed! they look awesome on the led pro...

WP_20150422_14_35_16_Pro.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I will someday . I am looking to build a home, so that will be taking a lot of my time, attention, and money for the forseeable future ): .... HOWEVER, that also does mean more room for pins !!!!!

#128 5 years ago

WP_20150422_14_35_16_Pro.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dude, while the mirror blades are ok - you are missing ALL of the best mods. Hells Bell sign, Canon, Train, Pinbits lightning bolts?????? Please tell me you at least have it hooked up to a subwoofer??

1 year later
#129 4 years ago

Hi NPO,
Which year is or was your ACDC pro led?
Did you install the alternative Angus cover?
Thanks

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi NPO,
Which year is or was your ACDC pro led?
Did you install the alternative Angus cover?
Thanks

Howdy,

My ACDC LED Pro was a 2014 model. I want to say August 2014.

I had installed the Helen Translite that Aurich here on Pinside so expertly made.

It has since been sold to another Pinsider here locally.

Thanks!

#131 4 years ago

I still haveva new never used Hellen art package from an unsold ACDC if anyone is looking for one. Sold another about a year ago.

Thanks
Buddy

#132 4 years ago

Hi,
Can so tell me If on the Acdc pro led it gets the little lane at the left of the bell where the ball can go like on the premium? Or the ball can only go down? If that is the case, can it be an issue with a ball blocked between the stand up Target and the bell?
Thanks

#133 4 years ago

No lane on the left. Ball comes straight back down. After 1,100+ plays the ball has never been stuck under the bell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.95
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside