39 days ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by whthrs166
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C5F085DE-AA0C-43AE-8F18-A9EF75062B9C (resized).jpeg

#1 39 days ago

I have been working on a interactive topper for my Champion Pub. I decided to tear a page out of the CGC Interactive Topper Handbook (AFMr) for this one. I was able to find a complete Boxer assembly from Pinball spare Part Australia. The assembly was minus the boxer motor. I retrofitted a CV motor by flipping the output shaft. (And yes it did work) But the motor in the game and the topper motor (although they were close) ran at different speeds so the topper boxer wasn’t able to completely turn around. The topper Boxer is connected as a slave to the Boxer in the game. And now that I finally got a Boxer Motor from PPS, both Boxers are in synch. A big thanks to PSPA and PPS without you guys this project would have never got off the ground!

#2 39 days ago

Great topper!

#4 39 days ago

I have about $700 in it. Most wouldn't consider this cost effective. It does tend to distract you from being hit though!

#5 39 days ago

Nicely done. Someone needs to do one for FunHouse. Rudy twice the fun.

#6 39 days ago

Well done!

#7 39 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Someone needs to do one for FunHouse. Rudy twice the fun.

Dang, you got me thinkin now...

#8 38 days ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Dang, you got me thinkin now...

Just wonder what low rpm motor to use as a lazy susan if you will. He could turn slowly like the boxer or the sample DR Who topper...

#9 38 days ago

You could use a CV motor. The output shaft is reversible so it can drive from underneath the back box. It will also fit into the CP mounting bracket. The CV motors are easy to find.

C5F085DE-AA0C-43AE-8F18-A9EF75062B9C (resized).jpeg
    #10 38 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Just wonder what low rpm motor to use as a lazy susan if you will. He could turn slowly like the boxer or the sample DR Who topper...

The bracket assembly can be found at Pinball Spare Parts Australia.

#11 38 days ago

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

#12 38 days ago

I classify toppers in stages: Stage 1. Light up with no interaction to the game. These can run their own program but have no game control. Stage 2. Interactive light up. The lighting on the topper is controlled by the game as a slave to game GI and Flasher control. (hard wired) I have a MB topper I made that is stage 2. Stage 3. Interactive topper that uses one movement and lighting. (hard wired) Good example AFMr LE topper. Stage 4. Interactive that uses multiple movements requiring a motor/solenoid and lighting. (hard wired/slave control) This CP topper fits this stage. Stage 5. (Most Difficult) Interactive that uses multiple movements with solenoids and motors with lighting that is controlled by code. I have not seen one like this. Maybe the new Stern SOR but I doubt it.

#14 38 days ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You could use a CV motor. The output shaft is reversible so it can drive from underneath the back box. It will also fit into the CP mounting bracket. The CV motors are easy to find.
    [quoted image]

You may have just started the next wave of intricate toppers! I always thought it would be funny to have R2D2 chatting with The Dalek on my Doctor Who, but at $750 too much money. Maybe this way will be more monetarily feasible.

#15 38 days ago

Your toppers are great I just imagine what you could do with Sparky for Metallica.

#16 38 days ago

Thanks guys!
    I have been thinking about my Cactus Canyon. You could put the Bad Guy in the backround and have Him mimic the moves of the one in the game. The cool thing is you create a new movement in a new direction, UP! The Bad Guy’s hat will fly off his head (like the one in the game)
    You could Put the Beer Mug (that flys up) on the left and have it fly up when you hit the beer mug in the game. The biggest attraction would be the train! It could be in the foreground and run in synch with the one in the game. Add some lighting and you got one hell of a topper!

#17 35 days ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

what you could do with Sparky for Metallica.

Sparky would definitely be fun work with. Probably would use some LED wire on that one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 149.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 339.00
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside