Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

and the ultimate is winning 3 replays with one hit..getting it on points/specials on the outlanes and racking up a ball for a replay..can remember doing that on mibs circa 1975 when it was on location and it blew my mind.

I'm the guy who sold this "Bowling Queen" at Pintastic. I really didn't want to sell it, and I'm going to miss it greatly. I did have an "I don't want to sell it" price in mind though, and there was actually another guy ("Craig", above) who wanted it and would have paid me that amount, but he couldn't transport the game to NC. A few hours later, "Richthofen" called me, and we ended up making the deal. I had owned the game for probably 15 years or so, but only had it running for the last 3 1/2 years, give or take. I really enjoyed it and it's a beauty to look at. In all the games I played over that time, I only went over 2,000 maybe two or three times, so there's your answer for why it has a light-up "ones" digit in the thousands position. It's not often you get more than 1,999 points. I never racked all 12 balls. Had 11 a couple of times, and 10 quite a few times. I've only made all four outlanes twice. That's the hard part. Once you've lost two balls down the center drain, you obviously don't have a chance to rack all the balls. I had one game though, where I won a replay all four ways possible. Racking balls, lighting the "special" and making it, exceeding the score threshold, and getting a "match" at the end of the game!
That was really cool! I'm surely going to keep looking for a replacement for that game. I do have "Rack a Ball" which maybe I'll set up in it's place for now, but "BQ" is the best of the three IMHO. BTW, there is a fourth Gottlieb game that shares the same playfield layout and backbox animation that is not very well known because it's an export game; it's called "Super Bowl". I've never seen one. Not even sure if they ever produced it actually.
I'm really glad my beloved "Bowling Queen" has found a good home. Enjoy it, Kevin!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My guess would be the playfield blanks were all the same, regardless of AAB, or replay.

Gotta take a look at my "Cow-Poke". I never knew that the add-a-ball version has the slot cut out in the playfield under the apron. The "aab" versions only use one ball, as opposed to the five in the replay version.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

BTW I am not Kevin, and did not buy the game. Glad it went to a good home. Glad I got to play it.

Don't know why I made that assumption. My bad. Yeah, the guy who bought it didn't seem to know the first thing about a pinball machine, so obviously he wouldn't be a pinsider. Doh! I hope he gives it a good home.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

No worries. I saw your pinside tag on the game. Half wanted to call you and see what you wanted. But I'm pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I got another game given we have no space for any more!

Actually my Pinside tag was on my "Square Head" which made it back home. I'm really going to miss the "BQ". I'm thinking of putting "Rack a Ball" in it's place. Basically the same game, but with the shallow cabinet which will make it a little more of a shaker than "BQ".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-finally-found-an-em-i-love?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.