IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG
Ohh_Yea_!!.gif
th.jpeg
IMG_1253.JPG
IMG_1252.JPG
WSI_Banner.jpg
IMG_1094.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

After owning this game for about 10 years now I have finally decided to make an attempt at replacing the lame Dracula figure on my BSD. Here is what I have so far. I will be painting the dirt (white stuff) brown, and trying to rig up some lighting. I have a clear coffin cover on the way from BAA. I would like to keep the basic format of the original coffin but am open to any suggestions...

#2 11 years ago

pic

IMG_1086.JPGIMG_1086.JPG

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have been wanting to do this, but seems like you need a flat, hollow figure. I found some close in size replacements, but there isnt much room in there. Please let us know how ya do it....I hate thinking of Ron Jeremy every time he lights up!

It's a very tight space, if you try to stick with the original coffin cover. I took a McFarlane dracula and Dremeled his back off. It's an expensive toy to screw up, if you make a mistake (which I did with my first one).

#12 11 years ago

I'm not sure why they put him in the suit. I guess based on the dates on the headstone it was his final burial. But I prefer to think of him as he was in the movie, ready to burst out of that coffin the second the sun goes down, and fancy drac just doesn't cut it.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool mod. I have officially added this game to my wish list. Such a classic.

This game is a blast to play and still on the affordable side. One of the better movie related pins from the 90's. Thanks to all for the positive comments. I hope to finish this mod by next week and will post some more pics.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So far so good. I always thought that the original looked lame.

That figure seems to be one of the main complaints for as long as I can remember. I kept waiting for someone to make a replacement that never came.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

The original Dracula was modeled from Ron Jeremy in the early 90's

Maybe it's a good thing the figure was dressed in a suit after all!

#32 11 years ago

A couple of comparison pics. I may have to go with the head tilted to the side due to height restrictions on the coffin...

IMG_1091.JPGIMG_1091.JPG IMG_1092.JPGIMG_1092.JPG

#36 11 years ago

Completed pic of version 1.0...

IMG_1094.JPGIMG_1094.JPG

#37 11 years ago

And the video (be sure to select 1080p)...

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Maybe chop a small wedge out of the front of the neck to tilt the head forward?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the head swivels and I don't want to risk any damage at this point. These figures are about $50.00 on eBay. I kinda like the head cocked to the side look.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

I really like the new Drac you did. Should look great when finished. The original just looks a bit wimpy indeed. Like a southpark version of dracula.
Speaking of BSD. I've been working on some new speaker bling for this machine as well. I hope to have some pics to share soon.
David

Sounds cool, please post it up when you finish.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Very awesome. I experimented with the McFarlane figures and didn't think it could work, but you pulled it off.

Thanks, I'm still thinking of ways to try and improve this. I may try and use the arms somehow and I would like to illuminate him a little better, maybe with a small spotlight.

3 weeks later
#44 11 years ago

I'm thinking of adding the wolf in the center. I just need to mount it somehow. What do you think? Opinions welcome. I'm not big on adding a bunch of "toys", but I think these figures are a little too cool and creepy to be considered toys.

IMG_1252.JPGIMG_1252.JPG IMG_1253.JPGIMG_1253.JPG

#46 11 years ago

When you want to make a movie but you don't have the rights:

vampire becomes nosferatu
and
Count Dracula becomes Count Orlock

Good creepy movie that would have made an excellent pin.

1 year later
#51 10 years ago

Finally mounted my wolfman. Just a small bracket screwed on to the bottom of his torso and the pop bumper worked perfectly. Pretty cool looking figure. I also put a light coating of paint on the clear Drac base. The red flashers still shine through it, which is a good thing. I just need to figure out where to mount a couple of spotlights for these guys.

IMG_2172.JPGIMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2174.JPGIMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2179.JPGIMG_2179.JPG

5 months later
#54 9 years ago
Quoted from shadowolph:

Did you happen to take a side view pic of your new Dracula showing how much you cut off?
Did you have to hollow out the back side to make room for the lights?

Sorry, just saw that this thread had been brought back from the dead. I actually removed the under figure light. It didn't seem necessary, since there are also the two inside crypt flashers.

You have to shave quite a bit off to get him to fit in the small bubble, as I'm sure you noticed. Congrats on getting yours done.

#55 9 years ago

I did change the position of the wolf figure to the front pop, so that he will no longer block the view of the rear lanes. Much better now.

wolf.jpgwolf.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-finally-decided-to-replace-the-dracula-figure-on-my-bsd?tu=jkdblaze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.