• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200523_164241 (resized).jpg
20200523_164712 (resized).jpg
20200523_152825 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Hello guys,
I am very happy today since I finally managed to get an Eclipse. I know that for many people it might not be very popular however for me was the holy grail for many years.
This is the story.
Several years ago when I first started to entering the hobby I was trying to purchase my first pin. After searching on the web I found an add from a guy in Thessaloniki that was selling three projects for about 1500 dollars. One of them was the Eclipse.
After I saw the pictures I imminently falled in love with it. I wanted it so much. However he was not selling it as a single unit. So I had to get all three. No problem with that now, however back then I had no idea about restorations or how to find parts or basic knowledge on pins etc. So I decided not to buy those three projects. A decision that I regreted later on.
So the years passed buy. I got my first pin and a second one that I restored my self and a third one. So that was the time to find the guy from Thessaloniki again I said to my self. But he was no where to be found.
I tryed to call him, his number was no longer available. I tried via Viber but the contact I had back then it was no longer registered. I tryed to find the add, but the website was no longer available either.
I tryed to find him on the yellow pages because I new he had a antiques store but no luck. So that was it. The Eclipse was gone forever.
Now pay attention please. It's not easy to find pins in Greece and it's even harder or almost impossible to find an Eclipse or any other rare pin. So that Eclipse probably was the only one in the country or one of the few available. Perhaps, 3 or 4.
Any way, instead of keep trying to find the guy I started to add posts on fb that I was looking for an eclipse. In some point a person from the island of Mytilini contacted me to inform me that he got an Eclpise that he would like to sell. I said sure send me some pics.
..and now make a guess which Eclpise was at the pictures??? Yes, it was the one from Thessaloniki, the one that I did not get and it was the same pictures as back then. The guy from Mytilini was the one that actually bought the three projects from the guy in Thessaloniki.
Any way after I had a conversation with him he explained to me that he no longer had the pin. He trade it for a Gorgar and he had send the Eclpise to a person in Athens.
...and so this is where I finally found it.
The first ever pin that I wanted to buy and didn't, it's after so many years mine at last
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would look even better if you could rotate the pictures properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 40.08
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Atelier Shop
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-fianaly-got-it-eclipse-gottlieb-1982?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.