(Topic ID: 51105)

i DONT want to like Metallica, but i just played it, and ....

By rolandthoms

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met.jpg
head_up_ass2.jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Those people should not be buying luxury items, sight unseen. Nor should they need to be told this by a stranger on a forum.

Glad you think that this hobby is suddenly for well-off people only. I purchase a game on average every 2 years (since that is how long it takes for me to save money, which is separate from other savings money). I cannot afford a NIB game by a long shot, but I do know people like me who save for longer to do so.

Would I purchase a NIB game without playing?? NO WAY. But if you decide to, that is your choice. But to say that just because you think a grand is a big gamble so you shouldn't purchase doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the hobby.

#52 10 years ago

He didn't say they shouldn't be in the hobby. He said they shouldn't buy NIB pins sight unseen if losing $1k would be a big financial hit.

I would go even further and suggest that people who can't stomach $1k depreciation on a luxury toy should never buy NIB pins, seen or unseen. There are plenty more (and cheaper) ways to enjoy pinball than NIB purchases.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Glad you think that this hobby is suddenly for well-off people only. I purchase a game on average every 2 years (since that is how long it takes for me to save money, which is separate from other savings money). I cannot afford a NIB game by a long shot, but I do know people like me who save for longer to do so.
Would I purchase a NIB game without playing?? NO WAY. But if you decide to, that is your choice. But to say that just because you think a grand is a big gamble so you shouldn't purchase doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the hobby.

I don't think he said they shouldn't be in the hobby. He just said they shouldn't buy sight unseen if their main concern is losing money. Just like you said you wouldn't buy an nib without playing it first.

Most of us preach this time and time again; buy a game that appeals to you, whether it be sound, looks, theme, or gameplay. Everyone has their own personal desire for owning certain machines and they shouldn't be criticized for liking or disliking a certain game.

#54 10 years ago

I misread. Oops!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

But it's also a different time now. The problem now is even if bands don't mind fan recordings, the venues have rules against it.

Nah, it's been like that for decades, and it is why Metallica had to pre-arrange with arenas the ability for fans to record the show in at least one entire tour. Their published policy is this: "You may record concerts for your own personal use if the venue allows it, but we ask that you please not sell, trade, donate, or barter the recordings in exchange for other goods or money." In other words they require their bootlegs to remain $free. They only sell audio/video they have to pay professionals to produce and distribute... very fair, don't you think?

#56 10 years ago

Played a few games of met at PAGG. The flippers seemed really weak but I am guessing a byproduct of being played nonstop all weekend. I really liked the way it shoots. The shots are tight but satisfying while novice players can start electric chair no problem. The ability to bring other multiballs into coffin MB is cool. The snake is actually a pretty satisfying shot.

What I don't like: the left sling was constantly kicking the ball into the mystery scoop which really kills the action a bit. Hopefully it was just the way this one was set up.

#57 10 years ago

I never said anything about rules they had for being recorded. My problem with them started when they tried to shit on all the other little guys who were trying to follow their lead.

They should enforce any rules they want at their shows, but they should have left everyone else alone.

For the record, I'm not saying that the whole Napster thing was perfect, or even right. It's how they went about what they did. Also, at the end of the they, I don't think everyone agrees that they did more harm than good.

Quoted from Baiter:

hey only sell audio/video they have to pay professionals to produce and distribute... very fair, don't you think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-dont-want-to-like-metallica-but-i-just-played-it-and/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.