(Topic ID: 171081)

I don't see CGC/PPS on the event schedule?

By hardware

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Chrizg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Are they still announcing number 2 at expo?

#2 7 years ago

they should. it will be the only original theme, fully flipping, code completed game under 10 k there.

#3 7 years ago

Still hoping it's MB and not AFM. Even though AFM is a better pin. I don't make sense often.

#4 7 years ago

I'm in on either. Hopefully they take a while to ship so I don't have to scramble to sell something to make room.

#5 7 years ago

The schedule posted at the expo said 1PM, however the one online shows Jonathan Joosten, so who knows which is right.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm in on either. Hopefully they take a while to ship so I don't have to scramble to sell something to make room.

LET'S START saving TODAY!!

#7 7 years ago

A couple of days ago Rick said it was unlikely to be revealed because they weren't able to start manufacturing. They are trying to avoid repeating the whole MMR debacle.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

A couple of days ago Rick said it was unlikely to be revealed because they weren't able to start manufacturing. They are trying to avoid repeating the whole MMR debacle.

Thanks! I didn't know. I'm a fan of honesty.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

A couple of days ago Rick said it was unlikely to be revealed

Grrrrrrrrr!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from hardware:

LET'S START saving TODAY!!

This guy knows what's up

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

This guy knows what's up

Heck yeah!

#12 7 years ago

PPS/CGC and Stern are having issues and Stern is not willing to continue the remake manufacturing. There were many factors that contributed to this but with Stern having their own issues as well they decided it was time for PPS/CGC to find there own facility. There will be a long delay as PPS/CGC are still in talks with Stern to continue with remake # 2 which is AFM. PPS/CGC will have to figure out who will build the next and all future remakes. It will be a long process but you will probably not hear it from anyone at Stern or PPS/CGC. They agreed to keep it quiet so they can make the AFMR announcment hopefully before the end of this year and start taking preorders and they do not want this news to hurt the pre ordering process. Be prepared for a long wait. And be prepared for a denial regarding this news.

#14 7 years ago

Whatever the issues, I commend the decision by PPS/CGC to not "show" a game they are not able to deliver on immediately.

Until #2 is announced, they owe no one anything, and whatever is going on behind the scenes is for them to deal with.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deep_Throat:

PPS/CGC and Stern are having issues and Stern is not willing to continue the remake manufacturing. There were many factors that contributed to this but with Stern having their own issues as well they decided it was time for PPS/CGC to find there own facility. There will be a long delay as PPS/CGC are still in talks with Stern to continue with remake # 2 which is AFM. PPS/CGC will have to figure out who will build the next and all future remakes. It will be a long process but you will probably not hear it from anyone at Stern or PPS/CGC. They agreed to keep it quiet so they can make the AFMR announcment hopefully before the end of this year and start taking preorders and they do not want this news to hurt the pre ordering process. Be prepared for a long wait. And be prepared for a denial regarding this news.

I won't ask how you know, but it's definitely AFMR?

#16 7 years ago

I suspect there is some truth to what was mentioned above.

Stern has enough issues to address and probably wants a bigger piece of the pie. It would make sense if they cannot reach an agreement they need to go their separate ways. Stern probably does not even want anymore remakes to be honest....more selection gives buyers options and right now Stern wants to deliver today what others cannot. Stern will be building and shipping BM66 immediately. I wish JJP good luck getting #3 out the door by Christmas. Who knows when Alien will be ready to ship. Good luck on seeing anything from AP/JPOP in the next year but I hope it happens and people are made right with that debacle.

Aerosmith has been leaked so everyone knows it's coming very soon. Stern has to be at capacity of what they can produce to meet orders. They have 6-8 titles they can still run......and behind the scenes they already have 3-4 titles ready for release in 2017.

CGC/PPS are pretty screwed.....it's not like there are a bunch of factories that produce pinball waiting to build games for them. If they want to capitalize on the remakes they need to get several ready to go and make it a 5 year plan and do 3 remakes a year.....there is only about 10 games give or take that would sell enough to be profitable and produce them independently......now if they can price it right they can sell a ton to people that cannot afford $9K......get the price to $6K and see how many remakes sell. There are plenty of people that want some of the A list games but can't afford or won't pay the high end prices.....especially when NIB were selling for 5--8K.....now that NIB prices have shifted AGAIN.....NIB remakes at 6Kish sound like a good deal.

I hope they figure it out and get the ball rolling soon on the remakes.

#17 7 years ago

Could AP made them?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Could AP made them?

yeah this would of been better for these guys to dip their toes into pinball manufacturing than taking on JPOP.

#19 7 years ago

Well, at least I was right with one prediction.

#20 7 years ago

If Stern is not going to make CGC remakes anymore then it will be obvious to everyone when they start making game #2 elsewhere.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deep_Throat:

Thanks Kaneda.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Could AP made them?

It boggles my mind that anybody would consider them for anything. Just mentioning them in the same breath as other manufacturers seems wrong. They are just a startup right now. They've only been around for a month.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks Kaneda.

That wasn't Kaneda. He isn't nearly that articulate.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That wasn't Kaneda. He isn't nearly that articulate.

Could be Kaneda typing verbatim someone else's response to him.

#25 7 years ago

There wasn't much truth to what was entered above ... honestly ... brand new pinsider, seems to 'know' what is going on inside Stern and CGC ... well their inside information was not correct, and seems they are now booted from pinside ... go figure ... most people that think they know what's going on don't unless they are the principles of the 3 companies.

#26 7 years ago

So............. What is going on?

Quoted from PPS:

There wasn't much truth to what was entered above ... honestly ... brand new pinsider, seems to 'know' what is going on inside Stern and CGC ... well their inside information was not correct, and seems they are now booted from pinside ... go figure ... most people that think they know what's going on don't unless they are the principles of the 3 companies.

#27 7 years ago

I've learned you can't believe anything you read on these forums, but if you post something that makes more sense than what others have speculated, prepare to be banned.

IE, we were told the next remake would be at a previous festival ready to go.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Thanks Rick! I was excited to hear about #2. No big deal having to wait a bit longer.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from hardware:

Thanks Rick! I was excited to hear about #2. No big deal having to wait a bit longer.

Don't get too excited over a $7000 afm

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I sold an original 1 year ago for around $6K knowing I might pay a little more for a remake.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

How bout we let Rick make his announcement and find out about price then. Otherwise you're just pulling numbers out of your ass.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

How bout we let Rick make his announcement and find out about price then. Otherwise you're just pulling numbers out of your ass.

I know, right? Rick wouldn't sell it for that low of a price.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hope I pulled a high number out, ideally that game would sell for 6

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

With pins like DILE and BM66 LE selling for $9.5k shipped, I'd say there is zero chance of AFMr selling for $6k. You'd be lucky if they keep the price the same as what MMr was.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

With pins like DILE and BM66 LE selling for $9.5k shipped, I'd say there is zero chance of AFMr selling for $6k. You'd be lucky if they keep the price the same as what MMr was.

I'd like to argue for WHY it should be a cheap pin, but dont think there is much to say that hasn't been said before. Hopefully they include coin mechs and double check the opacity on the insert lettering this time tho. /s

#36 7 years ago

$6-7 k is the sweet spot. MMr was a success , but a tough experience for consumers and it is the #1 rated pin. Consumers felt like they were winning because originals were going for $12000+++.

This is not the case for afm or mb. They leave a lot of money on the table if priced at $8000

Loving my MMr. Solid build.

#37 7 years ago

Was Deep Throat right in All The Presidents Men? Hmmmmm..........

#38 7 years ago

AFM is my favorite out of all the machines I have played. I expect it to be $8K and I'm not sure I could pay that much. MM has more depth. If AFMR is higher than 8K I am a 100% no. It would seem cheaper to make AFMR compared to MMR, but what do I know?

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

What are you talking about. Only trashed beaters go that cheap.

#40 7 years ago

Maybe AFMR was ready, however they didn't want to try to steal the show at expo last weekend.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

What are you talking about. Only trashed beaters go that cheap.

Mm used to be 12k, new was 8. Afm is 8k ish? So the new one should be in line for $6k.

That bom is tiny compared to mm. No castle, smaller ramps, etc.

#42 7 years ago

Besides, shouldn't consumers want to pay less? Its almost like you guys want to pay $8k and nothing lower for it. There are a TON of pins out this year and AFM is at the bottom of the must have list.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Mm used to be 12k, new was 8. Afm is 8k ish? So the new one should be in line for $6k.

Your logic makes no sense. Batman Dark Knight was $4400, so BM66 should be $3400 then.

People act like the toys and a couple of ramps up top really add a huge amount to the build cost. Unless there are just a ton of ramps like Whitewater its not going to be a huge cost difference. The bouncing ship and smaller ramps does not = 2K less in build cost. It's not even close.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I love the minutia that folks think factors into what they are going to charge for one of these games. "Hey Gary, even though you are going to have the same 150 workers building this game that built the last game, and all of them are making slightly more money than they did a two years ago due to cost of living increases, and utilities and insurance went up a bit, and upkeep on the building is higher, we would like for you to knock $2000 off of your per-unit contract price to build these for us because the ramps are shorter than the last game....". I'm not picking on your for saying this, but what they really care about is what kind of resistance they are getting to each price increase, and have they found the literal top end of what current collectors are willing to fork over, minus one dollar. That is price point they are looking to find.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

I love the minutia that folks think factors into what they are going to charge for one of these games. "Hey Gary, even though you are going to have the same 150 workers building this game that built the last game, and all of them are making slightly more money than they did a two years ago due to cost of living increases, and utilities and insurance went up a bit, and upkeep on the building is higher, we would like for you to knock $2000 off of your per-unit contract price to build these for us because the ramps are shorter than the last game....". I'm not picking on your for saying this, but what they really care about is what kind of resistance they are getting to each price increase, and have they found the literal top end of what current collectors are willing to fork over, minus one dollar. That is price point they are looking to find.

If each game can truly not be built and make profit for less than 8000.... how many titles are possible? Not a ton

#46 7 years ago

I'm not against remakes but if they price AFMr at 8k I think they will be in for a shock. CC, MB, and BBB are the only ones I could see selling at that price. I'm sure they will sell a few AFMr's but don't see the demand there like it was for MM. I actually think AFM is a much better game but they are not impossible to find and not priced ridiculously compared to what MM was going for. BBBr at 10k would be interesting considering what they sell for now and what other manufactures are starting to charge for NIB games.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I'm not against remakes but if they price AFMr at 8k I think they will be in for a shock. CC, MB, and BBB are the only ones I could see selling at that price. I'm sure they will sell a few AFMr's but don't see the demand there like it was for MM. I actually think AFM is a much better game but they are not impossible to find and not priced ridiculously compared to what MM was going for. BBBr at 10k would be interesting considering what they sell for now and what other manufactures are starting to charge for NIB games.

I'd be willing to place a wager right now that AFMr will be priced at no less than $7995.00 msrp.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'd be willing to place a wager right now that AFMr will be priced at no less than $7995.00 msrp.

I don't doubt it, but it would make me sad. $7k USD is my limit on any pin. The latest pin announcements have been demoralizing.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Nail on the head. Plus there are several rumors that they have done some nice ugrades to the game. What if the game comes with an improved color display and several of the expensive mods? If so it will sell just fine at $7995 in spite what most of pinside is saying. By the time it ships $7995 might look like a great value with the constant increases in pricing from stern and JJP.

We are all losing our minds over the Dialed In price, but it is already selling extremely well according to several distributors.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

We are all losing our minds over the Dialed In price, but it is already selling extremely well according to several distributors.

I have a background in sales and I don't understand this tactic. I've seen distributors mention how well it's selling in DI preorder threads. Who cares? They are saying that I should preorder one because everyone else is? I could understand if it's limited and time is running out. Maybe the distributors forgot there will be 6999 to go around?

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-dont-see-cgcpps-on-the-event-schedule and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.