(Topic ID: 23837)

I don't care what anyone says - IJ (Williams) kicks ass.....

By aztarac

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 11 years ago

I could go on for days about how I feel about Indy - but I'll say this.

It's the only game I've ever played where I didn't feel like the creators skimped on anything. You almost feel satisfied by just looking at.

I tell ya, Williams' Widebodys in the Golden-Age of Pinball. Not sure if anything will ever beat 'em.

Get close to the playfield of your newer stern and really examine the details. Nothing comes close to the IJ art/playfield. Funny, I've been told by numerous non-players that they didn't think a pinball machine was beautiful until they saw my IJ.

It's one of those pins that almost makes the hobby an art form.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Interesting. I also use orange and will now have to try red like it was meant to be. I just used orange because it looked cool, but I'm more about playing the game how it's meant to be played.

Red here.

It's the winner.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll say it sucks. Could have been so much better. I wanted to like it so bad too. Love the theme, sounds were great, but the playfield layout is half assed. You have a widebody large game, and only play on about 25% of the playfield. The mini playfield is barely useable. Too many video modes, over all not a fan. I had one that looked close to HUO. Wanted to like it....but couldn't get past the crappy playfield layout.

25% of the playfield? Not if you hit the shots you need to! Also, the mini-p is undoubtedly the coolest thing in pinball ever. Eat it.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dude your opinion on the game is skewed. Clearly a fan boy who thinks its the greatest thing ever. I dont like the game either. I had one properly setup. Even though last time you accused me a person who works for operators and does pinball work on teh side for many on this very board of improper setup. Now your saying to Neo someone who has been around for over 15 years that his opinion is bunk. Seriously dude its one thing to like the game its another to have its balls in your mouth.
Most of the PF is blocked off with the pop area. The POA is not that cool. How much field is there slings captive ball 3 bank and what else orbits its all covered and taken up with shit that does not work very well with the rest of the design. The dribble from the pops is the worst on any game i have ever played in my 25 years of playing pinball.
You have taken every Ij thread since you have joined way to seriously to the point where you claim crazy outlandish things. You where on a Game Show. You won some money. You bought ij.........

Internet Argument GO!

First, you should take some solace in the fact that my opinion is formed from a fresh pair of eyes (having been in the hobby for less than a year). A newbies opinion on old games doesn't hurt anyone.

Second, what does "having worked on this very board" have anything to do with a game's likability - haha! As far as your quips with IJ go - let me address some of them. I hold my breath when the balls in the pops in hopes of hitting the lanes or even better the captive ball drop target. A shot up to the captive sometimes means some extra pop action. Super jets FTW. So as far that stop and go style of play Mark was going for - I don't seem how they lessen the gameplay experience. I DO wish they had incorporated the pops into a mode, but I really can't think which part of the theme they would have used. The drop targets/ball lock in the center are fantastic! I love to see that cause and effect. They're up, they're happy then BAM! you've knocked all three of them down with a single well-placed shot up the right and over to the left. In my opinion the idol lock just HAS to be there. The theme/playfield needed something gold and shiny to spin and release hell on the playfield. Also, I think it's a good use of covering up the shooter lane.

Lastly, I AM a fanboy and IJ's balls aren't just in my mouth, I'm gargling them (sorry for the visual). However, they still aren't deep enough to blind me of a pins faults. IJ does have one major flaw...top left of the playfield has nothing to offer but slowing down the ball. That was the trade for the mini-p, which of course you know I love

So I'm enthusiastic about a machine. Shoot me. I chose it over two dozen others I had played. Still the best if you ask me. Currently looking for an F-14 Tomcat. Need to spice up the collection with something faster and simpler.

#51 11 years ago

When someone says that that the mini-playfield isn't usable and that they are only playing on 25% of the playfield - what else can I say other than they may not hitting the shots they need to?

I really don't remember that thread your talking about. Maybe you take things too seriously. Thanks for calling me highly intellectual.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

F-14 blows, and I don't care what anyone says

Thoughts on Whirlwind?

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

THIS. Just reminded me of the B.S he said before. Everyone likes different stuff. Neo does his price bashing whatever and has for the many years i have known him. we all know that. Had nothing to do with him personally.
But It is not necessary in every IJ thread to gripe about the people who don't share his feelings on the game. I dont go around saying i hate MM(i do) nor do i go into MM threads and tell people to eat it because i think MM sucks.
What really got under my skin is when i tried to sell mine he came into my for sale thread telling me that i just dont know how to set it up if i did i would like it. Then it was oh you just don't know the rules or you WOULD like it. Ascertaining that i have no clue to the rules or how to setup a pin or i would surely see it his way.
We all dont follow the cookie cuter top 10 collection. Thank god or i would be broke. I cant wait to get this 10,000 AFM turd out of my House that i am restoring. Hate that too.

Akuma, there's no ill-will here. I just didn't want you to get rid of an awesome machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-dont-care-what-anyone-says-ij-williams-kicks-ass?tu=IndianaPwns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.