Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190603_001702 (resized).jpg
    20191225_095441 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6517 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6515 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6516 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9522 (resized).PNG
    31C0D9E0-CA9C-4348-85C7-8DCA7B8F011A (resized).jpeg
    wacko (resized).jpg
    100_9417 (resized).jpg
    01566520_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm not a big fan of custom shooter rods[quoted image]

If it were easier to directly observe the grime, bacteria, and skin splooge that will inevitably accumulate in all those nooks and crannies after a few hundred pulls, these things would be a lot less popular I think!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I generally think the same thing looking at the hands of the guy playing ahead of me in line at any pinball show. But I'm up to date on my shots, and anyway that's what hand-sani is for.

LOTS of hand-sani indeed! Good self-care sometimes seems lacking in the pinball community, as evidenced by my thoughts, your thoughts, and the cornucopia of bodily emissions that always seems to infiltrate my nostrils at expos.

I'd bet money that the shooter knob and flipper buttons on the average location pin will expose you to more GI bacteria and enteroviruses than a truck stop restroom!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should be publicly flogged. if you want to put on a xmas show with something, do it with something that doesn't NEED to be able to see. GI's in a pinball machine have a very important purpose. To allow you to see and follow the ball and actually use the device for which it was intended. If you put anything but WHITE in those GI sockets, Humans no longer have the ability to focus and follow a reflective ball. Unless you have your gameroom lit up like walmart, which 99% of people do not. So not only does it make the game look like shit because the art is now black/one color, but you can't play it either. So if you still think it's ok, then you need a different hobby. maybe you should take up making Stained glass?

Completely agree! I am the type of person who would change the GI settings in MBLE/SE to be white rather than RGB. All those rich colors in the art/playfield stuff were chosen for good reason, and deserve to bask in full-spectrum lighting! Blue and purple are particularly garish, and in addition to making your pin look like some kind of illicit grow operation that will result in a SWAT encounter at 0400, they also interfere with the eye's ability to focus and emit a decent amount of UV.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-don-t-like-your-pinball?tu=thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.