Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190603_001702 (resized).jpg
    20191225_095441 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6517 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6515 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6516 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9522 (resized).PNG
    31C0D9E0-CA9C-4348-85C7-8DCA7B8F011A (resized).jpeg
    wacko (resized).jpg
    100_9417 (resized).jpg
    01566520_ (resized).jpg

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

After a tough guy pm ×1000. ..
    TX tough guys really suck.

Uh oh, did the iceman swap bourbon for everclear this evening?

#152 4 years ago

Naw this guy made Iceman seem like Gandhi.
    Gotta do what we gotta do.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Uh oh, did the iceman swap bourbon for everclear this evening?

I just assumed he was drunk or high all the time...

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Naw this guy made Iceman seem like Gandhi.

he's the cult of personality

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This sounds like you are talking about CFTBL.

Not Creature. I like the virtual version, never played the real machine. There's a different game I can't think of right now where the bonus multiplier is at the top lanes, but you really can't see them.

#156 4 years ago

I've only been back in pinball since July. I took a 20-year break. Anyway, I haven't found anything I really dislike about pinball. I did have a very odd encounter a couple of weeks ago that I found "interesting". I was having an epic game on a location Stern Premium. I was starting to think I may get on the board. On my third ball some random dude walks up beside the machine, started looking down at the playfield, and asked me how the clear coat was on the machine. Dude, I just want to enjoy my game with my family.......

#157 4 years ago

I don't like machines set to 3 balls, especially if a game cost a dollar. Makes me think of a greedy, chiseling
    Operator trying to shake a few more coins out of my pocket. Maybe a Southern thing but everything I played
    up until a few years ago was 5-ball.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Stuper Bands and Pukestadiums.

What's wrong with Superbands? I think they look pretty sharp on the flippers for my Jokerz! but I still have traditional rubber rings on everything else.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Frog:

What's wrong with Superbands?

I think they play like shit.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Frog:

What's wrong with Superbands? I think they look pretty sharp on the flippers for my Jokerz! but I still have traditional rubber rings on everything else.

they really play like shit. And kind of a crutch because flipper rubber is sticky, and makes trapping and handling the ball way easier than it should be. Play wayyy too different than real rubber. Might look good, but shitty to play. And in pinball,... play trumps everything else.

#161 4 years ago

I normally like MODs, but some people have these terrible "MODs" that ruin the game.

#162 4 years ago

I don't like people who are afraid of change. I like when pinball companies try something different. Not everything is going to stick, but if you don't start throwing things out there you'll never know. Selfie mode? Maybe not the greatest execution, but they did something different. Pinstadiums? Maybe not your cup of tea, but it's an alternative way to brighten up your game. Hell, even pinball 2k was an attempt. I don't like it, but I also *do* like that they tried. I want to see *more* innovation in pinball, not 2 ramps and a fan layout with art by zombie yeti until the end of time. It's fine, but stagnation and retreading the same old ground does nothing to improve and advance pinball.

#163 4 years ago

What I don't like is people who have been invited into my house to play games
    I've put a ton of time into restoring nit pick. Most of my pins are more than
    25 years old and bought as projects. They are players, not pristene
    museum pieces.

Had one guy refuse to play a pin because two lights were out. Another couple
    of guys from a foreign country made a big deal about every scratch on
    the cabinet. Finally asked them if all of their games are in perfect
    shape. It turns out they only had one game each! Barf.

Things I frown on are over use of LEDs, especially in old games and
    mods. But that wouldn't stop me from enjoying a game or appreciate
    what the owner did.
    Steve

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

What I don't like is people who have been invited into my house to play games
    I've put a ton of time into restoring nit pick.

I would not even think of such a thing, thats just plain rude.

#165 4 years ago

weakflippers and color g.i

#166 4 years ago

I had a game for sale a couple years ago. Moved it from the garage to the kitchen because it was getting cold out - knew I didn't want to keep it so never made it downstairs to the game room. Guy shows up and gets his nose about 3" from the glass, checking everything out - I ask "do you wanna PLAY it?" And he says "No, I only like games that are perfect, looks like these inserts are starting to lift a little"....

Fine, no biggee. So I start shooting the shit with him, ask what else he has, he puffs his chest out and tells me about his 5 games, INCLUDING an Indiana Jones AND a Twilight Zone, if you can believe THAT! So in the back of my mind I'm thinking, I should show this idiot the game room and shut him the fuck up ( 24 games, give or take, including a Twilight Zone AND an Indiana Jones, if you can believe THAT!) but he was such an obnoxious ass, I just wanted him out of my goddamn house. NOW. GO. GET THE FUCK OUT.

i didn't like his pinball attitude.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I had a game for sale a couple years ago. Moved it from the garage to the kitchen because it was getting cold out - knew I didn't want to keep it so never made it downstairs to the game room. Guy shows up and gets his nose about 3" from the glass, checking everything out - I ask "do you wanna PLAY it?" And he says "No, I only like games that are perfect, looks like these inserts are starting to lift a little"....
    Fine, no biggee. So I start shooting the shit with him, ask what else he has, he puffs his chest out and tells me about his 5 games, INCLUDING an Indiana Jones AND a Twilight Zone, if you can believe THAT! So in the back of my mind I'm thinking, I should show this idiot the game room and shut him the fuck up ( 24 games, give or take, including a Twilight Zone AND an Indiana Jones, if you can believe THAT!) but he was such an obnoxious ass, I just wanted him out of my goddamn house. NOW. GO. GET THE FUCK OUT.

LOL. On one hand I kind of get it, machines are top dollar right now so people want pristine to justify the cost, but I'd gladly pay sub $1000 for player quality pins again. No point having a game you just want to look good.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Id be like that also. Id inspect before playing. If the game doesnt check out first by my eyes, im not interested... But having that cocky attitude is not needed at all.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Id be like that also. Id inspect before playing. If the game doesnt check out first by my eyes, im not interested... But having that cocky attitude is not needed at all.

It wasn't the inspection really, that's to be expected - it was his "I HAVE 5 PINBALL MACHINES AND YOU HAVE ONE" attitude.

Like I said, a part of me wanted to show him the game room and shut him up, but I started thinking, if I accidentally snap and kill this asshole, how am I gonna get rid of the body, and of course that opened up a whole 'nother can of worms.........

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't like your pinball...

(Anyone else take this thread title too literally?)

...because it's out-of-round and rolls funny.
    ...because its surface is rusty and all nicked up.
    ...because it's not even a pinball - it's a ping pong ball.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I started thinking, if I accidentally snap and kill this asshole, how am I gonna get rid of the body, and of course that opened up a whole 'nother can of worms.........

Sounds like you have 24 coffin-shaped items out in the game room. Of course you'd probably still be trying to decide which of your babies to sacrifice when the cops showed up.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

It wasn't the inspection really, that's to be expected - it was his "I HAVE 5 PINBALL MACHINES AND YOU HAVE ONE" attitude.
    Like I said, a part of me wanted to show him the game room and shut him up, but I started thinking, if I accidentally snap and kill this asshole, how am I gonna get rid of the body, and of course that opened up a whole 'nother can of worms.........

LOL ahhaha. I hear ya.

That guy must be out of touch with reality. In any situation, one should always realize that theres always a chance the guy you are talking to has something better than yourself.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

In any situation, one should always realize that theres always a chance the guy you are talking to has something better than yourself.

And even if he’s not, there’s never really a need to be a condescending dickwad.

#174 4 years ago

When a game has a new ,or restored playfield installed and the mechs underneath have not been gone through....

(Old, rusty, corroded and not cleaned)

3 weeks later
    #175 4 years ago

Not having a skill shot. Push the button. Bleah.

#176 4 years ago

Games at shows that would be worth much more if the owner would just clean them up. Leaving an Indiana Jones or Creature from Lagoon as is since the 90s is a crying shame.

#177 4 years ago

I Don't like your Pinball because..... It's at your house and not set on "Free Play".
    You know who you are!

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

I Don't like your Pinball because..... It's at your house and not set on "Free Play".
    You know who you are!

You have to be joking. I can't imagine people putting money into a home use pin. I would die laughing.

#179 4 years ago

Toppers on every pin, I just don't get it. If it came with the game fine, otherwise no, and if it costs as much as a pin, that's absolutely ridiculous.

As for LEDs, tasteful looks good, I don't understand how someone can convert a game to all purple and green (saw one recently), stand back, and say; "Damn that looks unbelievable ".

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You have to be joking. I can't imagine people putting money into a home use pin. I would die laughing.

I'm not joking, the last time I went drove 35 miles oneway. Played 3 free games then game was set back to $1.00 a game. I left and never went back. I helped fix his game a time or two. (free)

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Laugh all you want. But there's no free play set on any of my games. I set all of my games to whatever the dominant pricing scheme of their day was.

Now before anyone thinks I actually charge people to play my games, let me emphatically say that I DO *NOT*. I always provide my own coins and bills for guests to coin up my games. But I also don't just give them a handful of quarters and turn them loose* for the evening. Instead, when a guest wants to play, they decide what their "session" will be for their chosen game of the moment. So for example if they want to play 1 game of Terminator 2, I'll give them two quarters, but if they want to play 3 games I'll give them 4 quarters. Then I watch them coin the game. When they're ready to play more games or move to another game, they just ask me for an amount to cover their desired session on that game. This keeps their play (and my audits) consistent with my own play.

I run my games coin-op for several reasons. In no particular order:

1. The game comes with coin mechs that I paid for; might as well use them.

2. It completely duplicates the experience of playing a pinball machine that I grew up with:
    - I always had a limited amount of money to play in those days, so I had to make it last as long as I could
    - Thus I had to (learn to) play well, and earn extra balls and replays if I wanted longer sessions

3. I approach my games with that same notion of a session in mind: the minute I'm out of credits on one game, I use all of my willpower NOT to play that game again until I've played at least one session on all my other games first (and when my willpower is not so strong, I may set the metric at at least one game on one of my other games. )

4. I do my best to only play with "new money" i.e., money in my pockets when I get home for the day - and not keep opening the games and recycling the money. That also puts "real" pressure on me to play seriously and play well as I sometimes only have a handful of change or a single or two. And yes: I will recycle the money if I want to keep playing - but only after I've emptied my pockets into the game first. This makes earning replays in particular far more satisfying and real to me. Otherwise it's like when I earn a replay on Pinball Arcade games on my phone and iPad: big deal - every game is free anyway; the replay I earned means nothing.

5. This also essentially turns my pins into the best damned change jars I could ever ask for. After my pins have been played for a reasonable number of days, I'll periodically collect most of the money and deposit it into a little savings account I keep expressly for my pins (you have to keep a few coins and bills around for those emergency gotta-play-it-NOW! moments.)

6. I then tap those accumulated savings when I need to buy parts or other pinball-related items - and if I've been able to let it grow big enough, I might even be able to raid it for a couple hundred bucks to put toward buying another game.

So that's the way I do it and why I choose to do it that way. It's just my preference. And I am NOT dissing anyone who prefers to set their games on free play. If I had kids, I'd have all my games on free play. Then again, maybe I'd just increase their allowances to cover a reasonable number of games per week ... in turn motivating them to take playing the games seriously and develop their pinball skills too. Hmmmmm ...

*Sorry, this is the Internet: I meant to say "... turn them lose for the evening."

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I dont like when people put "dolls" and/or "action figures" in their machines as toys.

Not even on Christmas, by a genxer, on a LE, with a huge expensive topper, set to free play?

My kids call him Dr. Pasta head and thought he needed some company. I agree and he does look happy.

20191225_095441 (resized).jpg20191225_095441 (resized).jpg
    #183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm not joking, the last time I went drove 35 miles oneway. Played 3 free games then game was set back to $1.00 a game. I left and never went back. I helped fix his game a time or two. (free)

I think if a friend invited me over to play their games and I had to pay to play with my own money I would just turn around and leave especially after doing them favors. Sounds to me like he just wanted you to fix his game.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

When they don't have a dog sitting under it while you're playing.....

Agreed. It's her favorite spot whether or not I am playing.

20190603_001702 (resized).jpg20190603_001702 (resized).jpg
    #185 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

Laugh all you want. But there's no free play set on any of my games. I set all of my games to whatever the dominant pricing scheme of their day was.
    Now before anyone thinks I actually charge people to play my games, let me emphatically say that I DO *NOT*. I always provide my own coins and bills for guests to coin up my games. But I also don't just give them a handful of quarters and turn them loose* for the evening. Instead, when a guest wants to play, they decide what their "session" will be for their chosen game of the moment. So for example if they want to play 1 game of Terminator 2, I'll give them two quarters, but if they want to play 3 games I'll give them 4 quarters. Then I watch them coin the game. When they're ready to play more games or move to another game, they just ask me for an amount to cover their desired session on that game. This keeps their play (and my audits) consistent with my own play.
    2. It completely duplicates the experience of playing a pinball machine that I grew up with:
    - I always had a limited amount of money to play in those days, so I had to make it last as long as I could
    - Thus I had to (learn to) play well, and earn extra balls and replays if I wanted longer sessions
    3. I approach my games with that same notion of a session in mind: the minute I'm out of credits on one game, I use all of my willpower NOT to play that game again until I've played at least one session on all my other games first (and when my willpower is not so strong, I may set the metric at at least one game on one of my other games. )
    4. I do my best to only play with "new money" i.e., money in my pockets when I get home for the day - and not keep opening the games and recycling the money. That also puts "real" pressure on me to play seriously and play well as I sometimes only have a handful of change or a single or two. And yes: I will recycle the money if I want to keep playing - but only after I've emptied my pockets into the game first. This makes earning replays in particular far more satisfying and real to me. Otherwise it's like when I earn a replay on Pinball Arcade games on my phone and iPad: big deal - every game is free anyway; the replay I earned means nothing.
    5. This also essentially turns my pins into the best damned change jars I could ever ask for. After my pins have been played for a reasonable number of days, I'll periodically collect most of the money and deposit it into a little savings account I keep expressly for my pins (you have to keep a few coins and bills around for those emergency gotta-play-it-NOW! moments.)
    6. I then tap those accumulated savings when I need to buy parts or other pinball-related items - and if I've been able to let it grow big enough, I might even be able to raid it for a couple hundred bucks to put toward buying another game.
    So that's the way I do it and why I choose to do it that way. It's just my preference. And I am NOT dissing anyone who prefers to set their games on free play. If I had kids, I'd have all my games on free play. Then again, maybe I'd just increase their allowances to cover a reasonable number of games per week ... in turn motivating them to take playing the games seriously and develop their pinball skills too. Hmmmmm ...
    *Sorry, this is the Internet: I meant to say "... turn them lose for the evening."

Are you allowed to sell the game as huo?

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from mccorn:

Playfield protectors or super bands.

Omg! My CFTBL have both no wonder why there a few people don’t like my pin. Anyway, no big deal because I am the main player for this pin and I am OK with that.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Are you allowed to sell the game as huo?

Don’t see why not. Well, other than the fact that this one’s “bolted to the floor” as far as I’m concerned.

#188 4 years ago

Hey, nice nickel roll! We used to have one on the route and it was always one of my favorite oddities to play with. It sat in this old timer bar for ages, someone must have offered them some money for it, and I haven't seen one since.

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I hate your pinball when you have a rock star attitude about your collection, or your supposed mastery of pinball knowledge. Not talking about anyone specific, just a thing I've come across over the years in the pinball/arcade hobby.

#189 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball forum thin skin.

Jesus Christ, it’s pinball. Don’t worry if someone questions anything just because you bought the pin. Fucking play it and don’t worry what anyone else likes.

Shit, if I had a thin skin on the forums, I’d be constantly defending why I enjoy the hell outta Big Hurt and give detailed explanations on why I like seeing the Hoff on Baywatch and like the theme even though I never watched the show.

Make a statement that Stranger Things’ translite has a 12 year old girl with a crew cut and bloody nose and you’d think I keyed the sideart of their pin.

One guy looked up my collection and commented like a toolish snob. Really? Thin skinned bitch.

#190 4 years ago

Unfortunately the pinball hobby seems to breed a snobbsh kind of mentality in a lot of people, I particularly can't tolerate those who think their games are made of gold and should only be looked at and admired instead of played like they were meant to be!

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Unfortunately the pinball hobby seems to breed a snobbsh kind of mentality in a lot of people, I particularly can't tolerate those who think their games are made of gold and should only be looked at and admired instead of played like they were meant to be!

The snobs didn’t fucking create them, they just bought them. Why so defensive? I could buy every single new release too. Would that make me cool and have their approval?

Acting like kids on Reddit arguing which is better, PS4 or Xbox just because it’s what they own.

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

One guy looked up my collection and commented like a toolish snob. Really? Thin skinned bitch.

I'm seeing a lot of this. The Information Age will determine if you are worthy to comment. I don't own a large collection of the latest pins so people who do determine you have no right to express an opinion. Even if you have been playing 50 years, always kept up with the latest and the greatest and sought out locations to play, restored 7 machines and research all things pinball.
    Pinball snobs with 100,000 dollars in machines look up your collection and judge you by whats listed. So I blocked my meager collection from Public view.
    Reminds me of snobs who buy million dollar waterfront property and don't want the Public walking on "Their Beach", even though the Law in this State guarantees everyone the right.
    Something about judgmental bitches gets under my skin, same people who google a persons name and think they know them. They can blow it out their ass.

#193 4 years ago

Pinball machines looking like a kid's doll house, with a topper!

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm seeing a lot of this. The Information Age will determine if you are worthy to comment. I don't own a large collection of the latest pins so people who do determine you have no right to express an opinion. Even if you have been playing 50 years, always kept up with the latest and the greatest and sought out locations to play, restored 7 machines and research all things pinball.
    Pinball snobs with 100,000 dollars in machines look up your collection and judge you by whats listed.

Large collection + snobby anus attitude = blatant overcompensation.

Be seeing you.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

How much do you charge to watch a movie at your house? The current rate or the amount the ticket would have been at the time of the original screen release?

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from EStroh:

How much do you charge to watch a movie at your house? The current rate or the amount the ticket would have been at the time of the original screen release?

Prices based on what city? In what theater chain? First-run or bargain cinema? Mega-cineplex (> 18 screens), large cineplex (8 to 18 screens), small cineplex (3-7 screens) or renovated traditional theatre (1 or 2 screens)? Dolby, THX or dts? IMAX or no?

You'll also have to point me toward my in-house automatic coin-operated theater because I can't seem to find it.

#197 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball.... if it’s Medieval Madness. Got to play it for the first time last night. Toys and graphics don’t mean there's good game play. Don’t like it when there's lanes to hit but you can’t see the lanes. Each to their own, but I don’t see what all the fuss is about this game.

Wanted to walk away after the first ball, played a couple games. Meh.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-don-t-like-your-pinball/page/4?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.