Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190603_001702 (resized).jpg
    20191225_095441 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6517 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6515 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6516 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9522 (resized).PNG
    31C0D9E0-CA9C-4348-85C7-8DCA7B8F011A (resized).jpeg
    wacko (resized).jpg
    100_9417 (resized).jpg
    01566520_ (resized).jpg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hell it isn't. I've seen it happen at least 30 - 40 times from colorbomb bullshit.

Hey, thats your own issue. Perhaps what you meant to say is "I dont like colored GI because I have a hard time seeing the ball".

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Classic pinside... clueless people insulting others because they don't like the same things.

Ahhhhh... Feels like home. Warm and comforting.

#103 4 years ago

The last time I was on this thread, it was light hearted and fun. I came back today to find bitter arguments and name calling. This is why pinsiders are getting such a bad rap...

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

The last time I was on this thread, it was light hearted and fun. I came back today to find bitter arguments and name calling. This is why pinsiders are getting such a bad rap...

It might be true though that a large percent of pinside is genx that were raised as spoiled brats in the 80s, and that tends to carry over into adulthood. I see it here everyday.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It might be true though that a large percent of pinside is genx that were raised as spoiled brats in the 80s, and that tends to carry over into adulthood. I see it here everyday.

Well thats a bad generalization haha

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I said it might be large percent, not everybody.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was born in 1980, so I guess I fall into that category...but I don't act like a petulant child.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I said it might be large percent, not everybody.

I think thats how every generation feels about the next one. I was born in 80 and I feel exactly that way about the generation or two below me... I hear ya..

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

It's how pinside is. You ain't gonna change it -- greater men have tried.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Gen X here; very bad generalization.

Nothing like growing up with in the era of Jimmy Carter. Few were spoiled as there was no money to spend.

#111 4 years ago

I dont like that you arent inviting me over to play your pinballs.

#112 4 years ago

I dont like when people put "dolls" and/or "action figures" in their machines as toys.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Games where you can’t see the ball. Games where you can’t barely see the lanes at the top because they are obscured by ramps or toys.
    Toys don’t make game play any better. Fancy graphics don’t make game play better.

This sounds like you are talking about CFTBL.

#114 4 years ago

I don't like when I see them neglected and abandoned by their owners and at the same time they are asking ridiculous amounts of money to give them away.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

When everyone's pins are set up like this. Does no one own a level?
    [quoted image]

I'll play if the flippers are weak or somewhat unresponsive, switches aren't registering or the game is insanely dirty, but when it's leaning or to floaty it kills it for me.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I think thats how every generation feels about the next one. I was born in 80 and I feel exactly that way about the generation or two below me... I hear ya..

As a hard working young adult at the time, it was easy to see what was going on. I try not to generalize, but a large portion of the prior generation had sold out for money and mega self indulgence and they were called Yuppies. As self indulgent as they were, many were too busy pleasing themselves to take a big part in raising their own children that would become the next generation, or genx.

At the same time many in the older generation would say these kids would never amount to much as all they wanted to do was sit at home and play video games. Sound familiar?

I'm kinda in between generations and they never put a label on us, which I kinda like, or they could put me in either one, but probably have more in common with the latest two generations.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Nothing like growing up with in the era of Jimmy Carter. Few were spoiled as there was no money to spend.

Money was hard to come by, but with a little ambition there were always jobs that could afford you a few simple pleasures like playing pinball or going to amusement parks. I always had a job as a teen and took very few if any handouts.

#117 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball....obsession with the manufacturers, like Deeproot. Jesus Christ. Instead of spending that time obsessing over a company that has nothing to do with your life, spend it on your family and things that actually pertain to you. Unbelievable the time a lot of hyperposters here waste on pinball bullshit instead of just, you know, playing pinball. Get a life.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Unbelievable the time a lot of hyperposters here waste on pinball bullshit instead of just, you know, playing pinball. Get a life.

I don't like your pinball ... irony.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As far as EMs, late at night with the condition I am sometimes in, they are the only machines I have a chance in hell of reaching the wizard made.

EM's with a Wizard mode??? What titles are they?

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

EM's with a Wizard mode??? What titles are they?

If you're not getting to Wizard mode on your EMs, probably means you didn't drink enough. All of @o-din's EMs have 'em.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't like your pinball ... irony.

FYI, this whole thread was an evolution from this post that I pondered while in a stupor how to beat the wizard mode on my Pit Stop, because I was too sloppy to attempt one more time on No Fear. The more I thought about it, I realized I like my games no matter what anybody else says, and it was time to stagger in and go to bed. Must have stopped at the computer on the way there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/128#post-5314691

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Retina searing LED makeovers.
    You just ruined that game.

When i read this topic the first thing I thought was "I don't know if anything bothers me about other people's games, but I know exactly what bothers others on my games."
    Love me some clown puke

#123 4 years ago

I also hooked up the uv glow flasher on my pinstadiums to the cannon flasher on my t2. People get sooo pissed every time that thing goes off.

#124 4 years ago

I've got people that sometimes wants me to take long drives to go play others games. When I inquire what games are there and they say all the latest titles and I ask if they have anything else and they say no, I say no thanks, I'd rather play my games.

Now give me somebody with a well rounded collection of new and old and a variety of manufacturers, and sometimes I'll make the journey.

#125 4 years ago

I don't like Pinsiders, that with every breath, they have to mention that their game is a "Limited Edition".
    "My Munsters LE shoots like butter". - "Yeah, I made a sweet combo on my JPLE last night". - "You should hear the funny call outs on my Elvira LE"

Pity those poor saps missing out on all of the fun with their premiums.

#126 4 years ago

I laugh at their LEs when some of my older games there are only a handful left in existence. My TronLE was pretty cool for the short time it was here though.

But for those that have more than enough money, I see no reason for them to not go what they think is top of the line if that pleases them.

#127 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball, whenever the term “world under glass” or “toys” is brought up.
    However, the term “accoutrements” is perfectly fine.

#128 4 years ago

In many cases I don't like their pinball until it becomes my pinball, and I can rip all that extra mod crap out of it and put the correct bulbs like came from the factory.

In cases where they have color puked all the armor and coin door and glued in things like side blades, that is too far gone for me, and for a moment it makes me a little sad there is one less game of a certain title out there that has not been destroyed.

#129 4 years ago

EM's can be a lot of fun. I maintain several pins for a gentleman, you'd feel right at home at his place O-Din. Cross Town, World Fair, Bank A Ball, Show boat, Kings and Queens a few others and one of my favorites..... Beauty Contest. That one is surprisingly fun, I usually have a few goes at it once in a while. To play something way on the other side of the spectrum is nice. It is very different and brings you back to the very basics of pinball.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

EM's can be a lot of fun. I maintain several pins for a gentleman, you'd feel right at home at his place O-Din. Cross Town, World Fair, Bank A Ball, Show boat, Kings and Queens a few others and one of my favorites..... Beauty Contest.

Bally Beauty Contest is one I have never played, as far as the others they are all very pretty, but not a row that I would go out of my way to have in my collection. Kings and Queens did not last very long here and that might be the best one in the bunch.

With what I do have, I can go from playing a super fast 1957 Williams Arrow Head to a blazing fast No Fear by walking a few steps. Or into the house to play my nicely restored Bally Skateball and Frontier, among others.

#131 4 years ago

I have a Skateball LE

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I have a Skateball LE

You didn't! If it's the one I think it is.

Mine is a Super LE as it has an NOS Bally playfield that was clear coated by HSA while they were still doing it.

I guess our old Joker Poker LE is now in a pinball museum somewhere, where it probably belongs.

#133 4 years ago

I can't stand Pinsound in most cases. You take a game like Lord of the Rings and slap the movie soundtrack on it and you end up with a huge disconnect between what you're playing and hearing. I've said this here before and I'll say it again, good audio quality does not equal good sound design. The Lord of the Rings' film soundtrack is fantastic but it's often too slow for pinball. The pinball soundtrack takes those iconic melodies yet always remains upbeat to fit what you're actually doing.

Even if you're not replacing the soundtrack, you still lose a lot with Pinsound in my experience. I've played a re-themed Rollergames before that uses Pinsound for custom callouts, but a lot of the music does not play back correctly, like the bonus countdown and match sequence.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I don't like Pinsiders, that with every breath, they have to mention that their game is a "Limited Edition".
    "My Munsters LE shoots like butter". - "Yeah, I made a sweet combo on my JPLE last night". - "You should hear the funny call outs on my Elvira LE"
    Pity those poor saps missing out on all of the fun with their premiums.

Quoted from Mr68:

I have a Skateball LE

good one

#135 4 years ago

Tell me you don't like my pinballs, and them's fightin' words.

DSCN6512 (resized).JPGDSCN6512 (resized).JPG
    #136 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Bally Beauty Contest is one I have never played, as far as the others they are all very pretty, but not a row that I would go out of my way to have in my collection. Kings and Queens did not last very long here and that might be the best one in the bunch.
    With what I do have, I can go from playing a super fast 1957 Williams Arrow Head to a blazing fast No Fear by walking a few steps. Or into the house to play my nicely restored Bally Skateball and Frontier, among others.

I honestly do not have much experience in the EM department other than keeping them running. I just play them once in a while after some maintenance/repairs if I have the time. They are interesting to play from what I typically play.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tell me you don't like my pinballs, and them's fightin' words. [quoted image]

those look killer in every aspect.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I honestly do not have much experience in the EM department other than keeping them running. I just play them once in a while after some maintenance/repairs if I have the time. They are interesting to play from what I typically play.

I have had the opportunity to own and play a wide variety of EMs from several different manufacturers. On location growing up it seemed the 70s Ballys were the most popular in our region. They tended to be very colorful with fast game play and always drew the biggest crowds.

After going thru the games I used to play and sampling many others, it is several of the 2 inch flipper games from Williams from the late 50s to the late 60s that I don't remember playing then that have gotten nonstop play by myself and others and earned their keep.

For a while I was buying EM games that seemed popular from reading the forum, but after a couple weeks of novelty and nobody playing them anymore, they were quick to be shown the way to the door.

When people make statements like "all EMs", I just shake my head and sigh, and rarely bother to respond anymore. One step in my garage has been enough for some of them to change their tune though.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

those look killer in every aspect.

Thanks man. Lately we spend more time playing in the garage, but those two are not in the way or taking up otherwise valuable space. And I kinda just like to look at them sometimes. When that big winter freeze hits So Cal, we will be inside more.

Both are equipped with NOS Bally playfields. Sorry Neo, no work for you.

DSCN6516 (resized).JPGDSCN6516 (resized).JPGDSCN6515 (resized).JPGDSCN6515 (resized).JPG
    #140 4 years ago

Because it is not in the top 20 and doesn't cost $5k+

GI forever

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Because it is not in the top 20 and doesn't cost $5k+
    GI forever

As long as your GI is incandescent, I don't dislike your game.

To summarize what this thread is all about, when some wiseass on pinside responds to one of your posts by saying-

"Sounds like you just don't like pinball"

It is OK to say-

"No, I just don't like your pinball"

#142 4 years ago

1) Games at shows that aren't leveled.
    2) Ads stating your Bally Playboy is "rare"
    3) Eye burning LED's
    4) You say it's restored with just new rubbers.

#143 4 years ago

Games that don't have the word "Supreme" on them. Luckily it can be sharpy or crayon, or just carved into the playfield.

#144 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball when there are no pop bumpers (JD, Shadow, NF, JY, ACNC). If those games had pop bumpers they would have been A tittles.

#145 4 years ago

He said.... never mind

I don't know how you would ever make No Fear or Judge Dredd A titles with this group anyway, but they are good enough for me. And the price is certainly right.

Sometimes theme can trump missing features. Not to mention speed.

#146 4 years ago

I just counted 28 pop bumpers on the other games in the garage, and some that actually do something. I guess that's how I can live without them on these.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes theme can trump missing features. Not to mention speed.

I’m all about speed, but when I see a pinball machine without pop bumbers, it’s just not right. Pop bumpers are a feature that makes pinball. It might not be as major as flippers, but it’s in the top 5 features of what every pinball machine should have to be liked.

#148 4 years ago

I like speed. And like to mix it up.

I won't play games I don't like and I don't expect others to. Might as well be playing what you like. Playing time is precious.

If you don't like any of these games, then don't bother to come over to play. Won't break my heart. But if you do, I might show you a few more.

DSCN6517 (resized).JPGDSCN6517 (resized).JPG
    #149 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I like speed. And like to mix it up.
    I won't play games I don't like and I don't expect others to. Might as well be playing what you like. Playing time is precious.
    If you don't like any of these games, then don't bother to come over to play. Won't break my heart. But if you do, I might show you a few more.[quoted image]

Agree. Hope to stop in one day. I only hear good things.
    Most all EMs have well placed pop bumbers. I couldn’t even imagine playing space invaders without pop bumpers.
    Pop bumpers can put you in a trance, but they also give you a sec to think what your next strategy will be while waiting on the sporadic hang time.

#150 4 years ago

After a tough guy pm ×1000. ..
    TX tough guys really suck.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-don-t-like-your-pinball/page/3?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.