Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190603_001702 (resized).jpg
    20191225_095441 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6517 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6515 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6516 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6512 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9522 (resized).PNG
    31C0D9E0-CA9C-4348-85C7-8DCA7B8F011A (resized).jpeg
    wacko (resized).jpg
    100_9417 (resized).jpg
    01566520_ (resized).jpg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago

I don't like it when only the left flipper works and they call it a 'handicap'.

#52 4 years ago

I dont like the fact that there are thousands of medieval madness in the world and not a single one of those stand in my house

Also EMs, I dont understand their appeal at all, to me they are plain boring (hides from the angry mob).

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm not a big fan of custom shooter rods

Some custom shooter rods are custom-er than others, by the looks of it.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm not a big fan of custom shooter rods[quoted image]

Is that Slimer’s cousin?

#55 4 years ago

Seems like a business opportunity in the making. Poo shooter rods. Each one is one of a kind and hand...err...well made anyway.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

I take very minor issues with others' pinballs (or lives for that matter)
    * if you're still double flipping, it should belong to me
    * if you don't play it, it should belong to me
    * if you won't slide save, it should belong to me
    * if it's a super LE, I just assume you have more money than you know what to do with, ergo, it should belong to me
    that's just the short list

I dont like slide saves haha.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Damn that thing looks like my uncle!
    Terrible

#58 4 years ago

I hate: Superbands
    Unlevel games and games that are not set up properly
    And weak ass flippers

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

If it were easier to directly observe the grime, bacteria, and skin splooge that will inevitably accumulate in all those nooks and crannies after a few hundred pulls, these things would be a lot less popular I think!

#60 4 years ago

Games that take 45 minutes to play so it can tell you a story and shit boxes that take your picture. Stick that feature up your ass.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

If it were easier to directly observe the grime, bacteria, and skin splooge that will inevitably accumulate in all those nooks and crannies

I generally think the same thing looking at the hands of the guy playing ahead of me in line at any pinball show. But I'm up to date on my shots, and anyway that's what hand-sani is for.

#62 4 years ago

.......because it’s just taking up space.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

I take very minor issues with others' pinballs (or lives for that matter)
    * if you're still double flipping, it should belong to me
    * if you don't play it, it should belong to me
    * if you won't slide save, it should belong to me
    * if it's a super LE, I just assume you have more money than you know what to do with, ergo, it should belong to me
    that's just the short list

All your base are belong to us!
    I have a feeling that is your favorite meme, just replace base with pinball.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Games with only white LED's = BORING! lol

you should be publicly flogged. if you want to put on a xmas show with something, do it with something that doesn't NEED to be able to see. GI's in a pinball machine have a very important purpose. To allow you to see and follow the ball and actually use the device for which it was intended. If you put anything but WHITE in those GI sockets, Humans no longer have the ability to focus and follow a reflective ball. Unless you have your gameroom lit up like walmart, which 99% of people do not. So not only does it make the game look like shit because the art is now black/one color, but you can't play it either. So if you still think it's ok, then you need a different hobby. maybe you should take up making Stained glass?

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I generally think the same thing looking at the hands of the guy playing ahead of me in line at any pinball show. But I'm up to date on my shots, and anyway that's what hand-sani is for.

LOTS of hand-sani indeed! Good self-care sometimes seems lacking in the pinball community, as evidenced by my thoughts, your thoughts, and the cornucopia of bodily emissions that always seems to infiltrate my nostrils at expos.

I'd bet money that the shooter knob and flipper buttons on the average location pin will expose you to more GI bacteria and enteroviruses than a truck stop restroom!

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Some custom shooter rods are custom-er than others, by the looks of it.

I’d bet those custom shooters rods are coated with feces bacteria in all those nook and crannies.

Edit, just read earlier comments and saw others draw the same conclusion.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should be publicly flogged. if you want to put on a xmas show with something, do it with something that doesn't NEED to be able to see. GI's in a pinball machine have a very important purpose. To allow you to see and follow the ball and actually use the device for which it was intended. If you put anything but WHITE in those GI sockets, Humans no longer have the ability to focus and follow a reflective ball. Unless you have your gameroom lit up like walmart, which 99% of people do not. So not only does it make the game look like shit because the art is now black/one color, but you can't play it either. So if you still think it's ok, then you need a different hobby. maybe you should take up making Stained glass?

Completely agree! I am the type of person who would change the GI settings in MBLE/SE to be white rather than RGB. All those rich colors in the art/playfield stuff were chosen for good reason, and deserve to bask in full-spectrum lighting! Blue and purple are particularly garish, and in addition to making your pin look like some kind of illicit grow operation that will result in a SWAT encounter at 0400, they also interfere with the eye's ability to focus and emit a decent amount of UV.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK, I agree with most everything in this thread so far.
    What some have told me about mine, is they would rather have them all take coins and none of this free play BS.
    I don't care for cookie cutter collections that feature all new games or only one brand. Usually don't want to go there and play.

Fucking home roms ruin any chance of getting all my pins off freeplay.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Agree. They are all hard to clean, none of them feel right, and some are hazardous to your nuts when you walk past.

#70 4 years ago

I don’t like your pinball when you include mods and value them all at the price of a perfectly good SS or system 9, 11.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agree. They are all hard to clean, none of them feel right, and some are hazardous to your nuts when you walk past.

Bad enough catching a hip-check from IJ or The Shadow - at least there you know the designer had your discomfort in mind when they made the thing.

#72 4 years ago

LED conversion that have a strobing effect from the GI. Makes the game unplayable for me.

#73 4 years ago

Unlevel games
    Sound turned down on location games
    That one guy that wants to start a conversation in the middle of a killer game/ball.

#74 4 years ago

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Also EMs, I dont understand their appeal at all, to me they are plain boring (hides from the angry mob).

I have two EMs in my 50+ collection. I can’t speak for everyone, but the appeal for me is nostalgia, simplicity and artwork. I’m 61. I started on EMs and my first purchase was an EM over 35 years ago.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I dont like the fact that there are thousands of medieval madness in the world and not a single one of those stand in my house

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have two EMs in my 50+ collection. I can’t speak for everyone, but the appeal for me is nostalgia, simplicity and artwork. I’m 61. I started on EMs and my first purchase was an EM over 35 years ago.

I don't currently own an EM, but I certainly appreciate them. I will agree that there are many boring/plain ones, but there are also some with a high difficulty/challenge level.

Centigrade 37, the wiggler, and Olympic hockey are "must plays."

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I don't currently own an EM, but I certainly appreciate them. I will agree that there are many boring/plain ones, but there are also some with a high difficulty/challenge level.
    Centigrade 37, the wiggler, and Olympic hockey are "must plays."

Those are some good choices. I find that some of the 60’s 2 inch flipper EM’s are frustratingly difficult.

#78 4 years ago

When playfields are so frequently waxed that when you flip a ball there is back spin on the ball...Nothing against a well kept playfield, all playfields should be nice and clean, but there has to be a limit to how frequently one waxes a playfield to the point were it affects the way the pin is played.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

LOTS of hand-sani indeed! Good self-care sometimes seems lacking in the pinball community, as evidenced by my thoughts, your thoughts, and the cornucopia of bodily emissions that always seems to infiltrate my nostrils at expos.
    I'd bet money that the shooter knob and flipper buttons on the average location pin will expose you to more GI bacteria and enteroviruses than a truck stop restroom!

Instead of drink holders someone should come up with a leg mounted hand sanitizer dispenser holder for shows.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

"selfie" modes

Agreed. They look like mortuary pictures.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Angel:

When playfields are so frequently waxed that when you flip a ball it there is back spin on the ball...Nothing against a well kept playfield, all playfields should be nice and clean, but there has to be a limit to how frequently one waxes a playfield to the point were it affects the way the pin is played.

Some people wax every 100-200 plays, they even wax the balls. I find the first 50+ games after waxing to be almost pointless. the ball has so much unpredictable movement.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I dont have a problem seeing the ball what so ever. Maybe get your eyes checked? lol hahaha

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

i dont like that they're clean and everything works - i mean, wtf, is this a museum or what? Come over to my house for a while, you anal s.o.b.
    And why is odin up at 0500am?

Everything has to work or I loose my mind, if I bulb is out the glass is off in a millisecond and addressed. And we play the snot out of them.

5:00AM? Piker, I'm up at 4AM.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Also EMs, I dont understand their appeal at all, to me they are plain boring

Can't stand older single level games, especially wood rails. To me they are annoying and super boring

I do appreciate the nostalgia, art, and sounds. I almost bought a Stars for the sound of the chimes-then I realized it would be a waste of space. I have realized I only like modern pinball and older games do nothing for me. Different strokes for different folks.

-Don't worry O-din I will still come over and drink some Jack and Coke, thankfully you still have a few modern's left to keep me entertained.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Those are some good choices. I find that some of the 60’s 2 inch flipper EM’s are frustratingly difficult.

I have a Grand Tour I just finished restoring, average play time on 5 ball is under 3 minutes.

Which old timers tell me is by design for most pins of that era.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I dont have a problem seeing the ball what so ever. Maybe get your eyes checked? lol hahaha

now you are a liar too. it's 100% fact that people cannot see anything in monochromatic lighting if you are in a dimmly lit gameroom. It's not just me. we had to pull games from tournaments and leagues because nobody could see anything.....and I mean nobody. All because of idiotic GI lighting procedures.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now you are a liar too. it's 100% fact that people cannot see anything in monochromatic lighting if you are in a dimmly lit gameroom.

And now you’re a liar too! I agree with your overall point but it’s 100% fact that you can see SOMETHING with colorbombed GI - just not nearly as much or as well as with traditional white GI. Which has the added benefit of not looking horribly tacky.

#88 4 years ago

As far as EMs, late at night with the condition I am sometimes in, they are the only machines I have a chance in hell of reaching the wizard made.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now you are a liar too. it's 100% fact that people cannot see anything in monochromatic lighting if you are in a dimmly lit gameroom. It's not just me. we had to pull games from tournaments and leagues because nobody could see anything.....and I mean nobody. All because of idiotic GI lighting procedures.

ummnn false. And im not a liar lol. If it were such a problem, do you think that I would keep it that way?? So you think I would keep it for the looks over the gameplay? Wrong.

I guess im lucky that I dont have that problem. And I can play with the lights off in my room too and its not a problem at all. Nor has anyone ever come to my house and say anything about not being able to see the ball.

Also, Monochromatic Lighting would be everything in the same color, which machines typically arent.

#90 4 years ago

You guys and your led arguments. I don't like to play games with any of those things at all, and will try to avoid them.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You guys and your led arguments. I don't like to play games with any of those things at all, and will try to avoid them.

Not even sure why that dude even has to try and argue. Its just a matter of opinion. He obviously has a problem with the opinions of others.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As far as EMs, late at night with the condition I am sometimes in, they are the only machines I have a chance in hell of reaching the wizard made.

Guys who dislike EM's outright I'm thinking have not played the right ones.

I have played a few newer solid states that were utter snooze-fests.

#93 4 years ago

As far as newer games where leds are the only option, they already fixed that with some of the worst themes and tacky artwork in the history of pinball, most that date back to before leds even existed. So if that's all you got, don't bother inviting me over to play.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Guys who dislike EM's outright I'm thinking have not played the right ones.

They certainly haven't played mine.

#94 4 years ago

Classic Pinside....old guys complaining about LEDs.

#95 4 years ago

Classic pinside... clueless people insulting others because they don't like the same things.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Classic pinside... clueless people insulting others because they don't like the same things.

Sounds like the internet as a whole these days...

#97 4 years ago

Game set on 5 balls or no match award...I DON'T LIKE.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

And now you’re a liar too! I agree with your overall point but it’s 100% fact that you can see SOMETHING with colorbombed GI - just not nearly as much or as well as with traditional white GI. Which has the added benefit of not looking horribly tacky.

I guess I should say, you can't see enough to be able to play the game well or at all sometimes. It's been a pointed out fact on several occasions, of games being removed due to someone color bombing the GI's.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess I should say, you can't see enough to be able to play the game well or at all sometimes. It's been a pointed out fact on several occasions, of games being removed due to someone color bombing the GI's.

Well thats not true either. But thanks for arguing opinions! Always makes for a fun time lol

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Well thats not true either. But thanks for arguing opinions! Always makes for a fun time lol

hell it isn't. I've seen it happen at least 30 - 40 times from colorbomb bullshit.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-don-t-like-your-pinball/page/2?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.