(Topic ID: 111381)

I did not use to like Twilight zone, am I still a pinsider?

By Peppers

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you know the rules to Twilight Zone?”

• Yes! 60 votes
    54%
  • No, not all of them, game is very deep. 28 votes
    25%
  • I know some to most of the rules, but damn the game is complex 23 votes
    21%

(111 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-874.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

it isnt' that complex. You want complex, go with LOTR, Stargate and TSPP. TZ is a pretty straight forward mode based game. Similar to TAF and Tommy.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I have never even gotten to play a physical Twilight Zone machine. Nowhere around me has one on location and I am yet to meet a collector (in person) that has one.
So I guess that makes you at least a step higher up than me.

Check your pm

#53 9 years ago

Is there a "I just shoot for whatever's flashing" option? *hangs head in shame*

#54 9 years ago

TZ is a complex game. Other games are more complex than TZ, but one thing that TZ has in spades are quality and sublety that many of the newer "deeper" games have, but you REALLY have to dig to find them. TZ is my favorite game ever, what can I say.. I am biased. I will still walk past ANY game to play a nice crispy TZ.

Does this reflect upon you as a player? Absolutely not. Unless you have money on the line and don't know what to do for the win, but even then... it's not a judgment call unless you are making it upon your own self as a pinhead. And please don't do that. We have WAY too many pinheads who take themselves WAY to seriously, and quite frankly... that shit gets old quick. I will say that I laughed at the question initially and would ask you to do what you like to do and not take others and their opinions so highly. Otherwise, the joke is on you!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

We have WAY too many pinheads who take themselves WAY to seriously, and quite frankly... that shit gets old quick.

Yes, especially the 2-3 notorious "thumbs down" police warriors on this site. They follow you everywhere, just like a dog waiting to sniff it's next victims ass!

#56 9 years ago

I have learned that if a game is considered 'great' and called 'really deep', you will likely not appreciate or like the game, until you take the time to fully understand the rules. For both TZ and TSPP it took reading the rules and really understanding them before I really enjoyed playing them. Neither is a game you can just step up to and play and immediately love. Getting LITZ for the first time was an amazing feeling (as was completing alien invasion the first time).

#57 9 years ago

Other than the current asking price, there is only one downside I see to TZ........starting LITZ and shooting the Powerball up onto the mini playfield. I seem to have some unnatural ability to do that, and it's the main reason I have removed my tilt bobber.

Actually, I have also shot it up there during a regular game. I shoot the right ramp, the Powerball hits and bounces out of the diverter, then the ball continues on to the mini playfield.

Well, there is the occasional urge to smash the glass.

#58 9 years ago

The spectacle of TZ is what sets it apart. It's just so unique in that fashion. For a licensed theme its as perfect as you can get. I can see the stop and go nature of the game being very divisive. I suppose its fair to say its a love it or hate it type of experience. I love it. At times it does seem like WTF is going on with the modes, but its never been a big deal to me.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

TZ is a complex game. Other games are more complex than TZ, but one thing that TZ has in spades are quality and sublety that many of the newer "deeper" games have, but you REALLY have to dig to find them. TZ is my favorite game ever, what can I say.. I am biased. I will still walk past ANY game to play a nice crispy TZ.
Does this reflect upon you as a player? Absolutely not. Unless you have money on the line and don't know what to do for the win, but even then... it's not a judgment call unless you are making it upon your own self as a pinhead. And please don't do that. We have WAY too many pinheads who take themselves WAY to seriously, and quite frankly... that shit gets old quick. I will say that I laughed at the question initially and would ask you to do what you like to do and not take others and their opinions so highly. Otherwise, the joke is on you!

I have never taken myself seriously in anything, except being a dad. I was attempting to make a bad joke, and I guess I did succeed in that.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What was the question?
So... you're buying a THLE and you don't like deep, complicated rules. hmmm. BTW, there really isn't a ton of depth or difficulty when it comes to TZ's ruleset. There is some nuance, however.

Meh, I like what like, I do in general like Pat's games, I also like Mr. Johnson's programming on a number of machines. I just never took the time to understand the pages of rules for TZ, now that I have, I enjoy the game quite a bit more now, while my wife is forcing to keep my collection small (6 at most) I don't think I will own one, but I do find it a lot more enjoyable than I did a month ago.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I used to dislike TZ. I used to, and I still do.

haha i gave thumbs up for an accidental almost word by word Mitch reference.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

haha i gave thumbs up for an accidental almost word by word Mitch reference.

Why would you think it to be accidental?

#63 9 years ago

TZ sucked for me the only two times I played it but I realized it wasn't the game, it was me. Some games take time to learn what's going on, others you might like at first but quickly tire of.

#64 9 years ago

Don't care for TZ and I don't care for WOZ.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Yes, especially the 2-3 notorious "thumbs down" police warriors on this site.

i thumbs downed you for taking the thumbs down too seriously.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i thumbs downed you for taking the thumbs down too seriously.

Hahaaa, I love it. I "thumbs-up" your post, because, hey, why not!!!

#67 9 years ago

Damn you Peppers... you caught me taking myself seriously, AGAIN!

#68 9 years ago

Btw... you can learn from the master here:

1 week later
#69 9 years ago

I honestly believe TZ to be my favorite game. No it wasn't friendly or approachable when I first saw it and as the years went on I think I disliked it more, as I really never spent any time on it. I don't usually believe the hype and didn't. Recently I acquired one through a trade and decided to give it fresh go and the fact that my skills are vastly superior than years past helps too.

Believe the hype. At least for me, TZ is amazing and damn near perfect.

In a home environment it truly shines, as you peel back layers of the game and really understand it. I still can totally see the opposition though. I generally don't like start and stop type games but I find the flow to be very balanced. I also was beginning to shun wide bodies but TZ makes damn good use of the real estate, contrary to the haters there are shots on the left side. Mine played ok, but I want perfection, I'm in the middle of a teardown. Damn I love this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-did-not-use-to-like-twilight-zone-am-i-still-a-pinsider/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.