(Topic ID: 231765)

I did not know this was in Florida? Any near you?

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

38016506_10214495643497823_1714488186501070848_o (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Growing up, I often visited the Circus Museum in Sarasota, and the Arcade games across the street in the car and Music Museum, which was massive.
    Both are gone, as are the games.....Perhaps someone here knows more. Only the Ringling Estate Museum is left,

But Saw this on the news, and I had no idea it was in Florida!

Anyone visit?

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/florida-on-a-tankful/2018/12/13/florida-on-a-tankful--showmen-s-museum#

Anyone have a Circus museum near them? Some have the midway or Coin Op games on display,
    In Sarasota, they had 6 Skill Rolls on the Floor, and tons of Arcade....

#2 5 years ago

We occasionally vacation in Venice; my parents have a place down there. That Ringling museum is on my list of places to visit next time I'm there! Hadn't heard about the other place, though.

#3 5 years ago

My in-laws just went there in November and said it’s really cool. We go down to Anna Maria most every year and have always missed going. Will be headed there on our next trip down. But to be fair, I did pack my helmet to race the Shelby Hertz GT at Bradenton in early 2007 so we do keep busy not just lounging around down there!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyone have a Circus museum near them?

Circus World is about 4 hours away from me in Baraboo, WI. We just went as a family this summer. I hadn't been in 35 years. It's a fun place with tons of vintage posters, wagons and props...not to mention several live shows and animals. I took my picture behind the same standee that my dad did when we went as a family 35 years ago. I thought that was pretty cool.

http://www.circusworldbaraboo.org/

38016506_10214495643497823_1714488186501070848_o (resized).jpg38016506_10214495643497823_1714488186501070848_o (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

I love the area....i have a place in Nokomis, next to Venice....couple pinheads nearby.
    At the museum in WI, do they have a collection of real old giant wagons?
    I just loved the dozens that used to be here.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I love the area....i have a place in Nokomis, next to Venice....couple pinheads nearby.

Oh yeah. Dozens of them. You can walk right up to them and touch them. Some are even in areas where you can sit on them. They have a huge building where they store them and do restoration on them too. You can take a tour where they tell you all about the process.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Their collection is amazing. Many original posters, bills, and even accounting books and ledgers on display.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-did-not-know-this-was-in-florida-any-near-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.