(Topic ID: 277661)

I'd like an explanation..I guess stealing is fine!

By flashinstinct

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2020K (resized).jpg
    8D95D315-4EFE-42C3-B934-C34A2DAF49B4 (resized).jpeg
    16004836649627965564275448050467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200918_223739 (resized).jpg
    saucers (resized).jpg
    s-l5002 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200918_130507 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Do you guys notice something similar to these two sets?
    I do believe I need an explanation from @tnts.

Seriously who does this? And then sells copies on Ebay?
    ebay.com link: NO GOOD GOFERS Pinball Machine LAMINATED RAMP FLAG Decals

IMG_20200918_130507 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_130507 (resized).jpgs-l5002 (resized).jpgs-l5002 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

yes on ebay. Gave me the "I don't know what you are talking about I made these designs 10 years ago!!!" So I just checked to see if he was on Pinside. I'll let him explain himself here.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I don't see any duplicates in those and the ones on eBay. Maybe I'm not comparing the same ones?

Take a look at the top left.

#13 3 years ago

The fact that he/she's on pinside is what's "rubbing me the wrong way" the most.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

if you believe it is stolen from you

I've got the sources files....*cough*

#25 3 years ago

Worst is they charge $39 + 8 shipping US for their set..... I means really.....I have to up my game!

#27 3 years ago

Source file #1. Since it's a 3d file I can do any angle.... The funniest part about his claim is that he created the graphic in 2010.... Funny my files are from 2014. So unless he travelled through time we have a serious timeloop problem on our hands.

IMG_20200918_223739 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_223739 (resized).jpg

16004836649627965564275448050467 (resized).jpg16004836649627965564275448050467 (resized).jpg

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

Did you check out the seller’s picture/avatar on eBay . SHE is fine! Still shouldn’t steal.

If she's in fact a she. Looks can be deceptive LOL

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

In litigation, He would have to prove the existence of the files prior to your claims. It gets ugly when some digs in and doesn’t admit their mistake. It’s not an easy process...

I'm not in it for the money, I just want them to take their stuff down.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Playing devil's advocate here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-williams-decal-revisions-help
    How is copying art different in this scenario?

If PPS would have had a problem with these I would have been made aware of it a really long time ago. Kinda like a time when I completely redrew the WCS cabinet decals. I provided the decals to one person for their own personal project only to have them sold off and printed by PPS. PPS and I entered in a mutual agreement on the WCS situation and it was resolved.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baa-wcs-decals-twist

As for these stickers that you are mentionning.....I started these way back when no one was doing it or just a handful. No one was printing these. I carefully measured, color corrected, and drew this back from scratch directly from old games. Some of these icons are standardized icons for the electrical industry. Kinda like playing cards (kings, queen, Jack) those graphics have become public domain.

So yeah if you want to nail me to the cross, sure I copied designs from picture references, that I took, that were no longer available anywhere and made them available to the public.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

I work with graphic artists all the time. Copyright infringement too. Scanning and cleaning up someone else's work, or sizing, re-drawing and coloring are done on your end to get your own source file is a razor fine line. If PPS wanted to shut you down, they'd have little problem.
    I just want you to be aware that you sound kind of hypocritical. You seem like a nice guy, I just want you to see how you are coming off.
    Also, those stickers this guy is selling are god awful. Don't worry about it.

Hypocritical? I've dealt with Rick from PPS. I spoke to him about these and other projects I had on the go. Like I said if he had a problem with these he would have told me so more than 7 years ago when I started doing these. The link you posted was for revisions in the set I had created.

You are entitled to your opinion. My conscience on the bally wms stickers is clear.

#49 3 years ago

We can now put things to rest. Thanks for the response. Best of luck in your decal business.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-d-like-an-explanationi-guess-stealing-is-fine?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.