(Topic ID: 18370)

I can't afford this hobby anymore. These prices are ridiculous.

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

happy-gilmore-punch_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    th_uncle_fester.jpg
    In_a_jar.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

I think modern MSRP's are going to kill the entire newer pinball industry as they're pricing more and more people out of the market.
    Post edited by gweempose : Thread title fixed.

I think (fill in the blank) is going to kill the entire (fill in the blank) industry as they're pricing people out of the market.

- Rolex
    - Ferrari
    - Grey Goose
    - Rolls Royce

etc.. therefore those car, watch, vodka manufacturers should stop what they are doing and instead make affordable products that a retired person can easily afford.

and while we're at it, Hollywood should stop making movies that are going to cost me $12/ticket and Broadway should enforce a strict $40/ticket ($30 for seniors) price policy etc. etc..

#155 11 years ago

agree with the_pin_family 100%

With new cars today the average transaction price is close to $30K, not every person can not afford $30K but most can buy a nice used car $5K (or even a new but small car for maybe $14K).

The thing is the car market is huge, they sell 12 million new cars/trucks a year in the US so there is a lot of competition and lots of markets for both cheap or expensive. Pin market is much smaller so we have less choices in new pins.

I was looking at a car magazine and they had a Ford F-series truck (with diesel and all the bells and whistles) was list for $70K, yes that's $70K for one truck, doesn't unclude a house or anything else. You can get a lower trim level of the F-series truck for $25K so the question is, does Ford have a right to sell a truck for $70K if some people can afford and want to buy it? Even is most regular people can't afford one?

There is a new pin BHZA that is going to cost $10K+ that's a lot of money, but you don't have to worry about that when you can pick up pins like T2 or Bride of Pinbot two nice pins for under $2K each.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cunt-afford-this-hobby-anymore-these-prices-are-rediculous?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.