(Topic ID: 18370)

I can't afford this hobby anymore. These prices are ridiculous.

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

happy-gilmore-punch_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    th_uncle_fester.jpg
    In_a_jar.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

J.Jack has his Followers by the Nut's , bet he could build a " Mary Poppins "

Do not give him any ideas..., this could be pin #3

#161 11 years ago

The Costco "Classic" pins didn't sell very well in my area. They had 3 BDK at my local Costco and they sat for months. Jack was right when he questioning Gary's strategy about not making pins his customers wanted. People want full featured pins with the Pro model being the only type of model they will buy that doesn't have all the features of a Premium/LE. Doubt you will see another Classic model.

Gary finally listened, but only after Jack decided to start his own company. Stern seems to now being doing better as they have hired people back and ramped up production. More designers + increased BOM = Higher prices. People that can't afford new are purchasing used, driving up those prices.

Sorry, don't see a big change in the immediate future. I can see a leveling off with production of pins increasing, but there is not a big enough supply glut to flood a market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cunt-afford-this-hobby-anymore-these-prices-are-rediculous?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.