(Topic ID: 18370)

I can't afford this hobby anymore. These prices are ridiculous.

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

happy-gilmore-punch_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    th_uncle_fester.jpg
    In_a_jar.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billmelater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 11 years ago

So explain to me again how more supply causes the prices to go up? It's amazing to read these comments and see how few people understand basic economics and supply and demand. The prices are going up because there are a lot more collectors with a lot more money joining the hobby. More parts are available to rebuild the machines so people are restoring and putting money into them and new collectors want something nice to put in the home. (think muscle cars and how the cycle that hobby went through). Apparrently there still are not enough machines to satiate the demand but it looks like the market is trying to rebalance with the new entrants into the market place. Get used to the new pin pricing, look around all commodities, goods and services are going up and have been going up. Everything costs more. Pins aren't cheap to make and everything you put in them costs more. Stern, JJP and others must be doing something right, they seem to be selling everything the can build and even what they plan to build. I recommend some take some time away from the forum and google Adam Smith, Invisibile hand, pricing mechanism and allocation of scarce resources in a free economy.

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll tell you what it is....Greeeeeeeeeeeedd!

Try capitalism. I don't get you guys with all this greed nonsense.

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Dude, I guess your not familiar with TZ??? My comment was a simple play off the buy in button, not to be taken serious at all. This is a pinball forum after all.

Ok, if the post doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it. It was merely the trigger and response to several years or reading posts by folks that think more supply increases price. Things like "Since Jack charged 6500 for Woz, then that gave the greenlight to Stern to jack up their prices". Stuff like that. Sorry I took your light hearted comment for a deep misunderstanding of economics and the free market. My bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billmelater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cunt-afford-this-hobby-anymore-these-prices-are-rediculous?tu=billmelater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.