(Topic ID: 18370)

I can't afford this hobby anymore. These prices are ridiculous.

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

happy-gilmore-punch_a_GIFSoup.com.gif
    th_uncle_fester.jpg
    In_a_jar.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

We only have ourselves to blame for high pinball prices. We as collectors set the market prices with our pocketbooks. As long as the demand is there and people are willing to shell out $7K or more on a pin the prices will continue to rise

I'll tell you what it is....Greeeeeeeeeeeedd!

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

And I shouldn't be ashamed of being able to afford 20 expensive pins either It's not that people are just less fortunate. A few years ago I was barely getting by managing a McDonalds for $20k a year. I worked 80 hours a week for several years to get to where I am at now. People make their lives into what they want.

Good for you Mark.

Quoted from Frax:

It's not like I'm trying to buy a MM. I just want something that smells like varnish and clearcoat, instead of something that smells like rat piss.

LOL! I agree, I'd love something new, just to see what its like. That stanky ol piss/mildew smell is OK but, man a new one must be nice.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

Try capitalism. I don't get you guys with all this greed nonsense.

Dude, I guess your not familiar with TZ??? My comment was a simple play off the buy in button, not to be taken serious at all. This is a pinball forum after all.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree, but I do wish people would stop saying things like it is "greed" that is making pins cost what they cost. It's like a catch phrase from the OWS movement, and the "99 percent" BS. The greed comment is what started that discussion.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. I made the greeeeeed (you know like in AF and TZ, thus the multiple e's) comment earlier as a way to throw in a lighthearted pinball quote. It was not meant to pit one social class against another, and was taken way out of context of what I meant by it. Wow!

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Part of the reason is that they are more fully featured, and have been great playing pins. People were bitching and complaining about how cheap Stern was being with stripped playfields etc. Stern listened and comes out with more fully featured LE models, which are obviously going to cost more. So far, they haven't had trouble selling them.

I agree, I don't think Stern necessarily price gauging (well maybe just a little) but, these newer games have a lot more features that the ones from a couple years ago and so the price has to be higher. I personally will pay 6500 for a nice fully featured NIB machine but, at that price point, I will be more discriminant than at 4500. If I see more then a couple of things I don't like, I will not buy, whereas for 4500 I will be a little bit more forgiving. In other words a 6500+ machine better blow be away, totally, thus I still haven't made a NIB purchase.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cunt-afford-this-hobby-anymore-these-prices-are-rediculous?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.