2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C6754086-19B6-4105-A457-BFD7AE49F8B2 (resized).jpeg
819127F4-F5DD-4BEF-AC8D-C0376CFAAB2F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Back a few months ago I picked up a couple of smoke damaged System 11 boards thinking I would salvage some parts off of them. They were cheap, so there was not much risk in buying them.
The MPU board doesn’t look too bad. I wasn’t too surprised when I popped some roms into the board and it booted right up on my bench.
The sound board looked pretty toasty. It was missing the 3.58hz crystal (these easily break off). So I replaced the crystal and to my surprise it booted on the bench. My plan now is to recap the board and keep it as a backup.
In my mind the odds of both boards being salvageable was pretty remote so it was a nice surprise to get both working.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! I’ve had some really roached boards fire up for me as well. Salvaged some that had been rotting in a unheated, partially flooded basement. They were literally submerged under 7 inches of water seasonally, as the cabinet had disintegrated into a pile of mush. Gathered them all up, threw them in my game at home to see what would happen... Damn if I haven’t been playing my machine with those rusty, junk boards for over 2 years! Crazy how this stuff used to be built to last.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cant-believe-these-boards-still-work?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.