(Topic ID: 19780)

I can't believe I did this!(LITZ 4 times)

By Atomicboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I can’t believe I did this, and other than calling my wife at work immediately (she loved that...), I had to come here and freak about what I just did.

In this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-get-a-gimme-just-missed-scoring-1b-on-my-grail-taf

I was talking about how I have been three times close to getting LITZ 3 times and 3B, but blew it each time, total nerves.

Today I was going to play a quick game before getting to some work from home. Got all the way to a few windows from doing LITZ for the 3rd time. Felt the nerves set in. Lost a couple balls and was on the last one. I got up to the door handle flashing and thought, if I crap out like this, just shy of 3B again, I’m going to ... I don’t know what...

BOOM! LITZ 3 times, and from that MB raised me about the 3B mark. I couldn’t f’ing believe it. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, I would literally feel my heart pounding.

So then totally relaxed of course after that, I played on, and got the skill right away and had an extra ball to boot. Then, on the same ball, I went through all the windows again, one ball, and gazoowie, LITZ 4 times, and about 4-5 windows into the next stage for a total score of 4.6B!!

I’m sure there are people that have beat that by a ton, but this is my third oldest machine, and my second fav, so I’ve tried for the 3/3 mark FOREVER, and to get the 4/4 today, especially after the previous thread just a couple days talking about how I always blow it, I am ecstatic!!

I had a total of 64 panels, 76 hitchhikers (highest I cashed out with was 62), and one bonus was 300M on the nose. This was now my single greatest game of pinball ever.

Nimble - go and call me wizman again for posting a high score - I don't care, nothing can bring down this high ! If it wasn’t 10:30am I would have a cigar and pound some bears!

Post edited by absocountry2 : Edited title

#2 11 years ago

Congrats on the great game!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Nimble - go and call me wizman again for posting a high score - I don't care, nothing can bring down this high [] ! If it wasn’t 10:30am I would have a cigar and pound some bears!

Hahaha!!!! Congrats!!! That's one hell of a high!! Haha!!

BTW,I hope your not pounding bears You mean beers right?

#4 11 years ago

Awesome job man!

Quoted from Atomicboy:If it wasn’t 10:30am I would have a cigar and pound some bears!

Now I don't know about beastialaty but I'm sure those bears wouldn't appreciate you pounding them even if you told them you scored 4.6Billion.

#5 11 years ago

You haven't been to Canada yet have you?? This is how we roll

Yeah... beers

#6 11 years ago

Wow, that's great! I've had my TZ for 4 years, and the best I've done is LITZ twice a couple of times. My goal is to hit LITZ 3 times, but I don't know if I'll ever make it at this rate, LOL.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

If it wasn’t 10:30am

It's 5:00 o'clock somewhere..........

#8 11 years ago

Question I have is: Where are the outlane posts, up or down? Is the scoop widened? (some do this to make an easier shot) Still nicely done. Mine currently is set up with the right outlane down, left outlane normal, the rest is stock settings. On my previous TZ, i got litz twice in one game, with a 3 billion score but haven't been able to repeat this on my current TZ. I'm always trying to dial it in. The reason I dropped the right outlane post down was because I could not stand getting robbed if the hitchiker shot fell short, it almost always went out the drain

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The reason I dropped the right outlane post down was because I could not stand getting robbed if the hitchiker shot fell short, it almost always went out the drain

That's a bad deal isn't it? I've developed a nudge that helps knock the ball back into play if timed correctly, which I can pull more than 50% of the time.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

You haven't been to Canada yet have you?? This is how we roll []

Crazy, I just saw a video of that..

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

pound some bears!

Thankfully you don't pound gorillas, too. I wouldn't call you friend any more...

Congrats on the adrenaline high game!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Hahaha!!!! Congrats!!! That's one hell of a high!! Haha!!
    BTW,I hope your not pounding bears You mean beers right?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

It's 5:00 o'clock somewhere..........

hey man,where u been?

#14 11 years ago

Well played Atomic!

#15 11 years ago

What kind of settings are you playing? I congratulate your score but the ease of getting LITZ is what hurts the game IMO. If you had to complete mods, ala LOTR, the game would be great but the modes are so easy to start that LITZ becomes inevitable.

2 weeks later
    #16 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What kind of settings are you playing? I congratulate your score but the ease of getting LITZ is what hurts the game IMO. If you had to complete mods, ala LOTR, the game would be great but the modes are so easy to start that LITZ becomes inevitable.

Sorry, just read this now, as I was trying to show someone that frickin hilarious bear video jonogo posted.

I play everything on default, except LOTR which I upped all the MBs in, as I found it was waaaay too easy to have non-stop MB action all the time, TTT especially. As well, I will play most modes, however, there are only about 6 actual "play" modes in TZ, even less than in TAF, which most people don't really think of. This score was right around 1.1+B per LITZ, which is indicative of playing the modes, I have been around 600-700M before after a LITZ, and rushing the modes to get there.

There are many days where I had thought about adding ball save with the anus of the left outlane drains, and even tried it once when I was pissed off... but it felt so dirty I needed a shower after.

#17 11 years ago

4 billion on default settings with no ball save. Now that's impressive! I tip my hat to you, sir.

#18 11 years ago

I've owned my TZ for over a year and have only reached LITZ 3 times all together. Sometimes it's good to suck, games stay fresh longer. If I was reaching multiple times in a game, I may start to tire of it.

#19 11 years ago

Nice one!
    I love how games like that just take you by surprise.

I still dont think I've even turned on my TAF since that original post... my heart still hasn't recovered
    I haven't owned TZ for very long, but I'm looking forward to my first LITZ. 4 must be off the charts!

#20 11 years ago

Great TZ score!!!!!!!!!

#21 11 years ago

Great score, Gongrats !

Just out of curiosity:

1. What are your outlane settings ? (up , down or middle )
    2. What about pitch angle of your game ?
    3. What is score required for 1st EB ?

#22 11 years ago

Awesome game. I've been LITZ 3 times in a game before, but never 4. If I tried for the skill shot more often, I might be able to reel another one in. Lately I've been trying more to hit the Vacation Jackpot twice in a game on my WH2O. I've been one lock shot away from it twice, and one full lock away from it once. I accidentally start multiball too many times in games and make the subsequent locks a bitch when I need them. Just recently I got the VJ with one ball and one EB following it. I thought I was a shoe in for another one, especially when the Spirit awarded me Class 6 River the next time around. I built it up easy and petered out my last 2 balls, only needing to sink the ball into a blinking 3rd lock. Guess I need to go play TZ for a few days now.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinjan:

3. What is score required for 1st EB ?

Can you set TZ so it has scoring EB? Never heard of that.

#24 11 years ago

Where did you find the setting for 60 minute ball save?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can you set TZ so it has scoring EB?

I don' think you can. As far as I know, the only ways to earn extra balls are:

"Lite Extra Ball" door panel
    Super Skill Shot
    sixth Spiral Award
    left outlane when lit
    x number of Robots
    x number of Dead Ends

I may be missing something.

#26 11 years ago

Yeah I didn't think you could...I don't thnk any games of that era had point awarded EB?

Maybe our code isn't Finnished like pinjan's is...hardy har.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Sorry, just read this now, as I was trying to show someone that frickin hilarious bear video jonogo posted.
    I play everything on default, except LOTR which I upped all the MBs in, as I found it was waaaay too easy to have non-stop MB action all the time, TTT especially. As well, I will play most modes, however, there are only about 6 actual "play" modes in TZ, even less than in TAF, which most people don't really think of. This score was right around 1.1+B per LITZ, which is indicative of playing the modes, I have been around 600-700M before after a LITZ, and rushing the modes to get there.
    There are many days where I had thought about adding ball save with the anus of the left outlane drains, and even tried it once when I was pissed off... but it felt so dirty I needed a shower after.

I play 5 ball and still haven't LITZ came 1 door close 2x I do play difficult settings, outlanes small. Damn you and your free litzing

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I don' think you can. As far as I know, the only ways to earn extra balls are:
    "Lite Extra Ball" door panel
    Super Skill Shot
    sixth Spiral Award
    left outlane when lit
    x number of Robots
    x number of Dead Ends
    I may be missing something.

You can extra ball on score in settings, mine is at 190m (230 is default I think)... The h rev rom for example has a quick setting for extra ball rather then extra game, previous roms you manually set this everywhere.

#29 11 years ago

Yep, that's pretty good, congrats. The best I've done is 3bil and change and lit LITZ 3 times. I've done that a few times now but haven't been able to break the next hurdle.

4 bil is the next goal (and so on, of course).

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

You can extra ball on score in settings, mine is at 190m (230 is default I think)... The h rev rom for example has a quick setting for extra ball rather then extra game, previous roms you manually set this everywhere.

Yuck...hate them non standard settings.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cant-believe-i-did-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.