Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AFB73F81-DF10-4923-A95D-487EDFE1DDFD (resized).jpeg
25DD6D82-5CC0-495D-99F5-1FFFFB6687E9 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

Weird problem, hard to explain, never ran into this before. I cannot get my Addams Family properly level at the playfield. I'm using a standard torpedo level (on the playfield) to check at the top of the playfield and at the flippers. With a 6.5 degree pitch, if I adjust the leg levelers to make the playfield level, the cabinet rocks. It's like the orientation of the playfield in the cabinet has some kind of skew to it. I'd have to push the front left corner of the playfield down inside the cabinet a half inch to make it level. Hope that makes sense.

Any ideas how to approach fixing this? Maybe the lockdown receiver sits wrong?

#2 8 months ago

Sounds like you have the cabinet twisted. Have you tried moving it a few feet and then re-leveling just to make sure the spot you have it in is level?

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from radium:

Weird problem, hard to explain, never ran into this before. I cannot get my Addams Family properly level at the playfield. I'm using a standard torpedo level (on the playfield) to check at the top of the playfield and at the flippers. With a 6.5 degree pitch, if I adjust the leg levelers to make the playfield level, the cabinet rocks. It's like the orientation of the playfield in the cabinet has some kind of skew to it. I'd have to push the front left corner of the playfield down inside the cabinet a half inch to make it level. Hope that makes sense.
Any ideas how to approach fixing this? Maybe the lockdown receiver sits wrong?

Might have the wrong playfield hangers in the front.

Take some measurements from the cabinet edge to the playfield surface and check it against another game

#4 8 months ago

Cabinet could be out of square, or playfield twisted. See if you can pick up one order of the cabinet when it's not wobbling without the other corners lifting off the ground.

#5 8 months ago

Found a bunch wrong. Receiver was not level, hangars were too far back, and the playfield is cracked.

Will do the best I can to get it level until I restore this. Guess now I have a reason to put a new playfield in!

See how the two halves of shooter lane are different heights??

25DD6D82-5CC0-495D-99F5-1FFFFB6687E9 (resized).jpeg

Here’s why...

AFB73F81-DF10-4923-A95D-487EDFE1DDFD (resized).jpeg

I think this machine took some weird blunt force in this area because the shooter housing also has some weird damage.

#6 8 months ago

I am guessing that the playfield dropped uncontrolled from the upright position back down onto the receiver with force.

That is a damn shame.

RM

#7 8 months ago

Oh yeah I bet that’s right. Well I got it level at least and the first game I played I put up 220M GC. Amazing what a little leveling does for gameplay.

#8 8 months ago

I never touch the front feet unless the cabinet is rocking...

I've found that levels can be off if the legs weren't put on the same way. The legs have a little bit of play due to the size of the holes, if one was screwed on a little higher it could throw the level off, not a whole lot but some. causing the cabinet to eventually rock when leveling... which means lots more adjusting.

#9 8 months ago

Well damn that sucks! I was going to suggest to also check the hinge bushings as they’ve caused me some unnecessary grief but those things would do it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toms River, NJ
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marshville, NC
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 999.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside