20231103_162801 (resized).jpg
20231017_121944 (resized).jpg
20231017_121515 (resized).jpg
20231017_121718 (resized).jpg
20231017_121510 (resized).jpg
20231017_115751 (resized).jpg
20231017_121115 (resized).jpg
20231017_115755 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Steve -

Based on my past purchases from you, I'm assuming that the $295 charge covers side armor, hinges, lockdown bar, and legs and that anything else such as speaker panels, ramps, wireforms, shooter housing, or coin doors are additional.

Is this correct?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Normally, yes you are correct and they were additional.... But I have decided up my powder coating services for everyone. ...

Wow - that is a great deal Steve! And from past experience, I know that your powdercoater's quality has been nothing less than top notch!

1 year later
#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Is there a source for those silver(?) coin reject assemblies or is that something you're doing yourself? They looks really cool.

https://www.pinballlife.com/vacuum-metalized-silver-bezel-kit-for-most-stern-coin-doors.html

5 months later
#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

This is my Pinball Brothers Alien. Steve really killed it! I told him I wanted a mossy green color and this is what he came up with, it took 4 stages to get this effect. It's really hard to get a good picture showing the depth and color. I will try and take a couple more in the daylight. Also changed out the T-molding to a textured black I think it looks much better than the chrome. Added gold coin button return and put my topper on the game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow - very cool looking Alien! AND ... nice finish choice and creation!

That would make a great Stern Godzilla powder coat selection as well!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

... It may be too dark for Godzilla, seeing as the whole machine is Very bright lol

This is true. Easily adjusted though as you have provided a good baseline to work from.

Thanks and enjoy your Alien!

1 month later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Just had my JP and Maiden done. Like all, very happy with both the quality of paint and the communication during the transaction itself. Will be getting all my future games done as well, though the coin door and speaker panels added about 3x the time needed.

Sweet! Looking forward to Steve doing my IMDN Premium Refinery Edition in Pharaoh Gold!

2 weeks later
#155 2 years ago
Quoted from jdiamond:

Showing Grecian Gold Vein on Iron Maiden.
Nice work, Steve.

Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow this looks awesome, nice choice on the powder coat.

+1

Looks great - well done!

Steve is doing my IMDN Premium in "Memphis Gold". Pics will be forthcoming in near future.

11 months later
#408 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

... Steve got my armpit back to me so fast! Couldn’t be happier. ...

Armpits are a good thing to have!

3 weeks later
#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Took the ride today and boy was I exited .Steve said it was the most pieces he’s ever done for a single pin .Just like I said ,“he nailed it “! Seeing it in person blew me away .Exactly what I was looking for .Had enough time to put the legs on .It’s going to be a busy week getting ready for Christmas and late hours at work ,but I’m off next week starting Sunday and can’t wait to …Slowly re assemble and deep clean everything .The unanimous house favorite is getting her “Full Monty” on .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a mighty purdy blue! I look forward to seeing how your IMDN looks when it's back together.

#459 1 year ago

I'm working on this... A customer is shipping me his parts and a hinge to match the 007 LE color.

Please look into an equivalent bluish teal as well. That's what I'm thinking of doing my Refinery Edition YOLT Bond as.

Thanks Steve!

2 weeks later
#507 1 year ago

A prior lineup. Steve did 4 of these. A 5th was my first Stern (and NIB) game from Pinball Refinery. Via Gino (hint hint).

Guess which.

Prior Lineup (resized).JPGPrior Lineup (resized).JPG

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

oooh nice idea! I just got those art blades but now wondering if I should have gone mirror.

Gold mirror.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tims_pinball_pics/albums/72157711723438341

1 week later
#541 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This blue looks nice. Can you get an after pic when installed?

That's my Oktoberfest. I'm finishing a customized topper for it this weekend and then I'll be posting pics of the game.

#543 1 year ago

Here's some pics of my Oktoberfest that Steve recently powdercoated for me including the playfield wireforms:

DSC01503 (resized).JPGDSC01503 (resized).JPG
DSC01517 (resized).JPGDSC01517 (resized).JPG
DSC01489 (resized).JPGDSC01489 (resized).JPG
DSC01508 (resized).JPGDSC01508 (resized).JPG

#561 1 year ago

And a new James Bond 007 Premium

Are those my "Sea Glass" colored Bond pieces?!

Must be, because they look ... FABULOUS!

#563 1 year ago

Actually those 007 armor pictures are not for your machine and not that color... I'm still waiting for the custom side rails and hinges to arrive, then I'll be powder coating everything for your machine.

Well - they still look fabulous!

#584 1 year ago

My MI Pinball Refinery (Steve) Edition IMDN:

DSC01668 (resized).JPGDSC01668 (resized).JPG
DSC01619 (resized).JPGDSC01619 (resized).JPG
DSC01639 (resized).JPGDSC01639 (resized).JPG
DSC01672 (resized).JPGDSC01672 (resized).JPG

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Sometimes on bright colors the coin door is "too much" for my tastes ...

As long as the color for the armor, hinges, coin door etc. blends (tastefully) with the cabinet artwork, I don't see any problem with this.

For me personally, a powder coated game with a stock black coin door looks unfinished 90% of the time.

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Heh yeah. That's why I very intentionally included the words "for my tastes" in my post. Not throwing stones or flinging poo, for sure everyone likes what they like. That's the truly wonderful part about custom projects like those shown in the thread - do what you love and love what you do!

Understood (and agreed). Just stating my opinion (FWIW) as I know there are Pinsiders who feel that powder coating a coin door is an absolutely God-awful thing to do.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

That is real close to the vision I have for mine coming in May. I am thinking even more “gold” on the powder coat, like as close as possible to looking like solid Egyptian gold. Like the T-molding (mirror gold). I have seen several colors like that at the website the op has pointed do. Not sure in practice if possible?

My IMDN was done in Prismatic Powders "Memphis Gold".

Steve is currently powder coating a part for another game in gold for me as well. I found a different gold on PP's website that appears to be more metallic looking (which I desire), but I'm leaving it up to his discretion as to best gold choice to achieve that.

#618 1 year ago

Another variation of a green Godzilla powder coated by Steve:

20230131_143743_resized (resized).jpg20230131_143743_resized (resized).jpg

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from Strohz:

That looks sharp too, what color was that darker green?

ILLUSION MONEY | PMB-6917 | Prismatic Powders

Quoted from KingBW:

It looks like you have the Stern side rail upgrade. Can you please take a pic of how that looks? I have a few green swatches and I am leaning towards the darker green ones might look better for those.

Here you go:

20230131_160238_resized (resized).jpg20230131_160238_resized (resized).jpg
20230131_160329_resized (resized).jpg20230131_160329_resized (resized).jpg

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

beautiful job! where do I get that topper?!

Thanks. The topper was a private limited run and no longer available as far as I'm aware.

2 weeks later
#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten: ... This is Illusion Cherry, and it’s a great choice on EHoH. ...

It looks very nice indeed on your EHOH!

I really like Illusion Cherry as a deep red color choice and had one of my Oktoberfest's wireforms done in it.

1 month later
#689 11 months ago

My Refinery Bond. Thanks Steve!

20230327_172543_resized (resized).jpg20230327_172543_resized (resized).jpg

20230327_174017_resized (resized).jpg20230327_174017_resized (resized).jpg

20230327_165409_resized (resized).jpg20230327_165409_resized (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#716 11 months ago

Pinball Refinery IM:

092 (resized).jpg092 (resized).jpg

#721 11 months ago

For me personally, unless an original black door already matches the overall powder coating color scheme, the game looks unfinished if the coin door isn't powder coated in harmony with the rails, lockdown bar, legs, etc.

#723 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I don’t have the rails or hinges on yet, but you can get an idea how it turned out. I’m thrilled with the results. Looks blue in certain light and purple in others. I’m very happy with the color and Steve’s work, again!

Nice - looking forward to an overall shot!

Well done as always!

1 week later
#743 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Finally installed the new rails on my Dialed In. JJP did use tape on their DI rails, but it was much easier than removing rails on 90’s pins. Love the results. This color is blue sometimes and purple others. Steve did a great job!

Nice color! Why not the full meal powder coating deal though?

#745 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! I don’t usually powder the coin door. I’ll leave that stock if it’s pristine. I usually do the legs, rails, bar and hinges. I really like how this one turned out.

Are the legs on your DI the same color as the rails?

#749 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep! They just looked dark in that light. Here they are.

There you go! Sweet!

2 weeks later
#799 10 months ago

Here is a obnoxious green and glows under UV lighting ...

#805 10 months ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Is there any sense of an average shipping cost for these (large and heavy) parts there and back from WA state? Have just come across this, and color me intrigued (pun intended?)

It cost me approx $130 last Nov to ship a complete set of game parts to Steve one-way from the Seattle area via UPS. That included the coin door, wireforms, and shooter housing as well as the typical rails/hinges/lockdown bar/legs and required two separate boxes.

1 week later
#819 10 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Steve, you're da man. The pictures really don't do it justice for when you see it in person. ...

I like my Godzilla's green color (done by Steve and selected by the game's original owner), but that is a nicely matching, as well as lizard-like, look. Well done!

Those are 2 different greens for the Foo Fighter machines.... Different customers wanted different colors .

Whuh?! That's cR@zY talk!

1 month later
#863 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thanks! I assume it's what's used on the LE?

No - "Sea Glass" is a slightly blue teal whereas the LE's color is a slightly green teal. Steve probably knows the name of the color used on the LE.

Prismatic Powders "Mermaid Candy" is a nice slightly green teal.

https://images.nicindustries.com/prismatic/products/13520/mermaid-candy-upb-10834-dt20220222222025596042-thumbnail.jpg?1645638893&size=1024

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.