Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0307.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vt8man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 12 years ago

Gorilla, I'm in the same boat as you. I still get timid because all my games generally work well, so I toil over do I want to dive into one just because the right side GI lighting isn't working and I can see where the J-connector has melted...but in time.

I'm not up to that level just yet, but I have fixed several bad switches, replaced some old rubber, and put LEDs in my T2. I hound the tech that works on our games in league play, look at the manuals from ipdb.org and the pinrepair documents, and I print all this stuff if I can.

Next challenge is the right flippers on my FG just stopped working, so finally a game I can't play unless I fix it. I think we're in good hands here, and give us some time and we'll become more confident.

I think testing my soldering skills on a board I don't care about will be the next step after fixing these flippers. We'll get there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vt8man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-play-the-game-but?tu=vt8man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.