shifter plate.jpg
P1070564 - Version 2.JPG
625x465_1537811_3395586_1412760807.jpg
294477.png
NuclearConditionsSplash.jpg
Tail Light Mod.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi All

I am just putting it out there that I am available to design pinball parts or pinball MODS for you. I have designed and produced quite a few parts & mods now and am known for a high quality design approach. I recently lost my job so for the moment I am falling back on my passion to help me and my family out. It's not a pity call but just offering a service to those that have ideas but not the design skills or the time.

The concept is I will design a part / mod for an affordable hourly rate and then issue you with all the design files on your approval so you can then take them to the laser cutter, Shapeways, iMaterialise or the many other options out there. Since you would own the design files you can mass produce the parts / mods yourself and earn some money - which in effect quickly pays back the fees it cost you to design the mod and allows you to earn some pinball pocket money.

What I ask is you first send me a pm with your idea and then I can send you a email address in which you can then send some sketches / images. Once I recieve that I will send you an estimate in time to design = $. If I go over that estimate in time you will not be charged (that is my loss) and if I go under you will be discounted and you benefit.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and use to build light aircraft and cnc laser & router machines so I understand the different fabrication methods. I can design parts to be laser cut, routed or 3D printed. I have a in-house 3D printer that I can test print any designs for you as part of the design process. I would keep you updated with constant updates issuing viewable 3D files that you can view in a free downloadable 3D file viewer, enabling you to disassemble, section and measure your design - much better than photos.

below is my Shapeways shop

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/swinks

below are some of the free files on Thingiverse

http://www.thingiverse.com/swinks/designs

Below are some of **my designs** either made by myself or others.

CFTBL - Tail Light Mod
Tail Light Mod.jpgTail Light Mod.jpg

CFTBL - Snackbar Mod
P1070564 - Version 2.JPGP1070564 - Version 2.JPG

AC/DC Premium & LE - LCD Dress Kit
294477.png294477.png

Mustang and Car Themed Pins - Shifter Plate (made by Hooked)
shifter plate.jpgshifter plate.jpg

Music Themed Pins - Marshall Speaker and Amp Mod
625x465_1537811_3395586_1412760807.jpg625x465_1537811_3395586_1412760807.jpg

Simpsons - Nuclear LCD Sign (to be made by an Aussie soon)
NuclearConditionsSplash.jpgNuclearConditionsSplash.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Just to announce that I sold the rights of the 4 Speed Hurst Shifter Plate to Hooked On Pinball, therefore this item is now closed on Shapeways but a even better version can be purchased from Hooked.

Hooked's version is cast, chromed with the lettering painted - Beautiful

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p64/Shifter__Plate_and_Hurst_Shooter_Rod_%28PREVIEW%29.html

HOOKEDshifterplate.pngHOOKEDshifterplate.png
#3 9 years ago

best of luck Swinks, you've done some great stuff. didnt you also do an unbreakable replacement sat dish for goldeneye machine a few months back?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

best of luck Swinks, you've done some great stuff. didnt you also do an unbreakable replacement sat dish for goldeneye machine a few months back?

yep did that as well, part of the shapeways batch of parts, though they mostly came about from helping people out

#5 9 years ago

WOW. Great stuff.

Any stuff for T2 or JP in the works??

#6 9 years ago

what about some stern(batman) mods
something to go over the joker kickout or some weapons for the upper mini playfield

#7 9 years ago

Good luck!

I don't know if you're collecting ideas or just commissions but here's a couple things I'd like to see for TZ (who knew there were ANY mods for TZ that haven't been made? )

A flat PCB replacement for the lamps/shade by the Power Field entrance that would fit under the plastic at the top exit and have LEDs shining forward and back for the GI and Power Field flasher. Would do a better job lighting the area, brighter flashes for battle, and make the gumball machine more visible.

A ROUND clock board and housing. I also suspect that these days the whole clock assembly could probably be dramatically simplified with a cheap micro controller spoofing the opto and motor signals.

#8 9 years ago

At this stage just looking for freelance work where I design a mod for a person and they run with the mod build project to manufacture themselves. But once I get a job again to cover the bills I will revert back to the odd mod for fun.

I am currently working on a Doctor Who mod and the same guy has a JP and has a few ideas there.

Electronics / PCB's is not my area of skill, wish it was as have a heap of ideas.

#9 9 years ago

Good luck for sure! I am a big fan of your designs. You have created some really good stuff on your Shapeways account.

Good luck man!
--Scott Danesi

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Good luck for sure! I am a big fan of your designs. You have created some really good stuff on your Shapeways account.
Good luck man!
--Scott Danesi

thanks Scott, much appreciated.

#11 9 years ago

Hi Swinks,

Looks like this guy could use some help. I posted your post on his page also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pz-crash-test-dummy

Brian

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Hi Swinks,
Looks like this guy could use some help. I posted your post on his page also.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pz-crash-test-dummy
Brian

cheers Brian

#13 9 years ago

Swinks does top notch work.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Swinks does top notch work.

He certainly does. And that comment coming from PinballMikeD should carry some cred!

#15 9 years ago

Those all look very cool. Nice work Swinks.

#17 9 years ago

thanks guys, and slightly injured as of yesterday - got dumped while surfing and broke my collarbone and will be out of action for a few weeks sadly

#18 9 years ago

Oh man. Hope you get better soon. Must have been a pretty nasty wave!
--Scott

#19 9 years ago

wave sucked and was pitched on to a sandbank, turned out to be 1-2ft deep shoulder first and heard a crunch.

#20 9 years ago

Sorry to hear of all the bad luck and now this. I've see your stuff but I don't have the games they go on.

#21 9 years ago

This part - drive wheel - has now been tested and is found in to 2 popular games - Twilight Zone and Bride of Pinbot but is now very difficult to find available anywhere. A friend located a NOS one so we thought we would measure up and make it available for those chasing one before it was installed and became worn etc. Select it in white like the original or go for a colour coordinated one for your game - eg. purple for the Bride of Pinbot. This has now been test fitted and played in a Bride of Pinbot and now ready for those restoration / shop out projects. This is now available via my Shapeways store.

the original
Drive wheel old.JPGDrive wheel old.JPG

Repro purple one
Drive wheel new (1).JPGDrive wheel new (1).JPG

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This part - drive wheel - has now been tested and is found in to 2 popular games - Twilight Zone and Bride of Pinbot but is now very difficult to find available anywhere. A friend located a NOS one so we thought we would measure up and make it available for those chasing one before it was installed and became worn etc. Select it in white like the original or go for a colour coordinated one for your game - eg. purple for the Bride of Pinbot. This has now been test fitted and played in a Bride of Pinbot and now ready for those restoration / shop out projects. This is now available via my Shapeways store.
the original
Drive wheel old.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
NOS purple one
Drive wheel new (1).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Haven't had any problems with mine on my BOP but I have heard these are indeed hard to find. Placed a order for one....just incase!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Haven't had any problems with mine on my BOP but I have heard these are indeed hard to find. Placed a order for one....just incase!

thanks for the support, my friend was hunting for a long time for one so can't hurt having spare.

#25 9 years ago

Recently I bought a IDC tool ($10 plastic version) and it was stuffed after about 20 uses as the plastic fingers started wearing and bending so I wanted to design and get one made for myself. The beauty is it is double ended so in theory it should last a life time as the pin pusher part is stainless steel and the handle is solid nylon.

You can find it via this link and will be around $35 total for both parts.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksidc

I will be ordering one over the weekend and then people can order in about a months time once tested and proven. Currently the 2 insertion tips are slightly different to determine which is the best at testing with the final version to be updated in about a months time.

IDC wire insertion tool solid.jpgIDC wire insertion tool solid.jpg IDC wire insertion tool.jpgIDC wire insertion tool.jpg
1 month later
#26 9 years ago

This tool works perfectly so now available for people to purchase if they need one. The tool tip is double ended so should last a life time. I also added a small hole through the centre to push the tool tip out if it gets jammed due to crap inside the fitting.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksidc

ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Extended.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Extended.png ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Transparent Handle.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool Transparent Handle.png ScreenshotIDC-156F Tool.pngScreenshotIDC-156F Tool.png IDC-156F Tool Tip.pngIDC-156F Tool Tip.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 16.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-design-a-part-mod-for-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.