(Topic ID: 53629)

I broke metallica again today (3rd time)

By CaptainNeo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
depositphotos_3147148-Many--bundle-of-.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balloukevin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

I am hardly a systematic Stern basher, but I have had to fix more things on my brand new ACDC in 4 weeks than I have on my older Sterns (2003) in 6 years. The thing that puzzles me more than anything is the throwing of the LEDs. Like that never happened in testing? I threw my first LED on game #4! I guess it was deemed OK. It is bad enough at home to have to patch something on a weekly basis, but this is absolutely comical for a route product. Thank goodness that JJP understands the importance of reliability.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

and how do you know this?
The WoZ that was delivered close to me had its share of minor issues. Nothing that we couldn't laugh at and take care of but nonetheless some annoying little issues. As far as reliability??? No way of knowing yet...
I would definitely give the quality award to JJP from what I've seen so far but we're only talking about one pin from JJP and not many have even been delivered yet. AND it took much longer than expected. Plus he knows that the first one better be top quality or else... will it continue? Way too early to know much of anything about JJP but so far so good.

I agree that the jury is still out on JJP, but at least they TALK about quality and reliability. No such words, unfortunately, come out of Stern.

#120 10 years ago

On my AC/DC, the cannon bound on the right ramp and wouldn't rotate - right out of the box. I had to drill out my right ramp assembly to just make the game playable. So much for QC.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Yes, when buying a new Stern it's a VERY good idea to go over the entire playfield and make sure everything's tight. The last three new Sterns I've had my hands on had at least a couple of things that weren't fully tightened down.
If everyone's talking about LEDs falling out of sockets, that's not Stern's fault. The Chinese companies making these things make the LED wedge bases too thin compared to a glass 555. The only thing I've found that works well to keep them in place is a dab of hot glue in an inconspicuous location, between the bulb and base.

I have heard the hot glue or the like several times. But what if the LED needs replacement down the road?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balloukevin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-broke-metallica-again-today-3rd-time?tu=balloukevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.