(Topic ID: 53629)

I broke metallica again today (3rd time)

By CaptainNeo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
depositphotos_3147148-Many--bundle-of-.jpg
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wait a min. In another thread you said you "know" an operator and you spoke to him regarding how to fix something incredibly basic and now you are an operator?

The other thread was about MET. I don't own a MET. I do currently have other Stern games on location though.

That drop target assembly is all new btw. Very streamlined compared to what was used on WOF. Hardly basic.

Quoted from pindome:

Settle down Gary : ))

The chances of me or Gary getting interviewed for his magazine are zero. Sad but true. d;^(

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Physical locks are coupled with software locks. How you handle that is in the event a ball comes out of the physical lock for any reason the software would register (in woz case via optos in the lock) that a ball is missing so when multiball starts it kicks a ball out of the trough for your 3 ball multiball. However there isn't anything you can do to force a single ball drain should a ball sneak out of a lock on an old game.

Most of my comments were made WRT ball-search - Neo wasn't talking about that, so my comment is off-topic - I need to read more closely. It would be interesting if someone who actually worked on this stuff commented on this.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought part of the actual intentional gameplay on my XMen was to see how many flasher LED's I could hold on my left flipper while trying to get the glass off to pull them out? Kind of like a one man game of Twister.

Hmm, when I open the coin door, my flippers die...is that because I have "coindoor ball save" selected?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Most of my comments were made WRT ball-search - Neo wasn't talking about that, so my comment is off-topic - I need to read more closely. It would be interesting if someone who actually worked on this stuff commented on this.

Like me?

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hmm, when I open the coin door, my flippers die...is that because I have "coindoor ball save" selected?

No it is because the switch that turns on/off high power (coils) on the machine disengages when you open the door.

#206 10 years ago

hi power kill switch. Usually the culpret when people have high power coil problems.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Neither will I. Ironic that his magazine depends on Stern buyers, yet he's a hater. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

LOL, you noticed that too huh. I'm glad people are paying attention

Pappy

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The chances of me or Gary getting interviewed for his magazine are zero. Sad but true. d;^(

I'm glad I can prove you wrong: Gary Stern was interviewed in Issue one. Issue 2, which will go on pre-sale this week, has a 4-page interview with Dave Peterson, head of the investment group that bought Stern in 2009. Issue 3 will have an interview with John Buscaglia, Stern's Chief Revenue Officer. Issue 2 will also have an exclusive Metallica flyer inserted (while supply lasts).

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Pinball machines are firmware, and last I checked they are all written in assembly

The basic "operating system" code may in Assembly, but I'd really be shocked if the rest of the code was not written in some high level language like C/C++ or even a scripted language like Python. Heck, my first real job in 1987 was to move our code base from assembly to C, and that was for a lowly electricity meter.

#210 10 years ago

Where is the motivation for Stern to play-test these games first when so many people are willing to pre-order sight-unseen?

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Where is the motivation for Stern to play-test these games first when so many people are willing to pre-order sight-unseen?

or for Stern to have to improve anything ever? With the buying mentality the way it seems as of late. They can go cheaper with less and jack up the price in the process.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

And many buyers have already purchased a dremel.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

And many buyers have already purchased a dremel.

doh

But how many have upgraded to a full size standing disc sander to get the full NIB experience?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Funny thing is there are pics of the workers standing on cardboard test playing them.
I guess they didn't notice the problem with the drops.
Email Stern and they will send you out a replacement Dremel that day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 25.50
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-broke-metallica-again-today-3rd-time/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.