Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_3203.JPG
100_3196.JPG
100_3181.JPG
100_3183.JPG
#1 12 years ago

976 miles over two days and I now have Spiderman in my gameroom. Right or wrong, I went for the cheaper routed one over the HUO one. They were each 850+ miles in opposite directions.

I'm going to need to clean it and rebuild the flippers. Then it should be good to go!

I'm open to suggestions on how I should arrange the room.

100_3183.JPG100_3183.JPG 100_3181.JPG100_3181.JPG

#2 12 years ago

dang man, thats alot of driving. But you got a keeper, congrats- SM is a great game.

#3 12 years ago

I see you're willing to drive long distances, I think you need to re arrange your game room by moving it a few hundred miles north to my dining room. It will enjoy the company of one other pin, and it will surely get the exercise of gameplay that it needs.

I can look into getting red curtains so the spider man doesn't feel out of place.

#4 12 years ago

Looks great!

I'd paint the room black, like an arcade (paint it white before moving out).

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I'm open to suggestions on how I should arrange the room.

To simplify I would send the TAF to me.

I have had my SM for a couple of weeks and i LOVE IT LOVE LOVE IT.

Congrats to you!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd paint the room black, like an arcade

Oh, I had it painted Infantry Blue when I bought the house. It reminds me of when I was younger. I still need to hang some stuff on the walls. And there is an arcade auction in town next weekend. I hope to get some gaming stools, a clock or something.

#7 12 years ago

Blackout curtains on the window, protect your machines from cabinet fade!

Good call on the routed one, IMO. Let the collectors pay extra for HUO.

Quoted from Stack15:

And there is an arcade auction in town next weekend. I hope to get some gaming stools, a clock or something.

Stools? Clocks? Priorities man, you should pick up a couple more pins - you have room for 2 more if you put them all against that wall in a row.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

you have room for 2 more if you put them all against that wall in a row.

Bingo!
I would do the same...
+1 for ditching that thin curtain as well.
They have relatively cheap thermal curtains that block heat AND light at Target for around $12...
I put them in my gameroom and darkened the walls as well.
Nice and cozy!
Congrats on the SM!

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

They have relatively cheap thermal curtains that block heat AND light at Target for around $12

Good point on the thermal curtains. There are wooden shades behind the curtain and the curtain is about as thick as a flannel shirt. It's not razor thin like some curtains.

I can get some thermal ones to put behind it after work tomorrow.

#10 12 years ago

Congrats. SM is one of Stern's best. I'd recommend the red DMD cover for SM.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Stools? Clocks? Priorities man, you should pick up a couple more pins - you have room for 2 more if you put them all against that wall in a row.

perfect Pinside answer right there! Congrats on the great addition Stack enjoy!!!

#12 12 years ago

Man that is a long drive but SM is worth it. Great pin.

#14 12 years ago

Nice pin, I want a SM one day.

I would straighten the pins out to get more in as well.

#15 12 years ago

I would straighten the pins out

Done! I should also mention that the auction has zero pinball machines. There are a slew of pool tables but I don't want one of those. I may get a Mrs. Pac-Man if they are cheap, cheap, cheap.

100_3196.JPG100_3196.JPG

#16 12 years ago

SM is a great game, enjoy! I would say move them closer together and you could probably fit 2 more into that space

#17 12 years ago

Great pick up Stack,welcome to the SM club!! Now get to work on some mods!

#18 12 years ago

Nice collection! Would love to own a SM.

#20 12 years ago

Is this the same as a 555 bulb? They are in the pop bumpers in the back of Spiderman. It appeas to say MM on one side and G23 on the other side. A 555 bulb fits in the same slot. I couldn't find anything called MM or G23 on pinball life.

The online manual says E6 LED Module White x3.

Thanks mucn.

100_3203.JPG100_3203.JPG

#21 12 years ago

The 555's fit in that spot but don't work. Well I guess this gives me a conversation topic next time I have my pinball friends over.

#22 12 years ago

Congrats on getting a SM. Great pin, love mine!

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

The 555's fit in that spot but don't work. Well I guess this gives me a conversation topic next time I have my pinball friends over.

They take a special bulb. I can't remember where I read it? Manual? Forum?

#24 12 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/spiderman/index5.html

These are the skinny style of bumpers and have a flat bumper cap featuring a web motif. There's no lamp inside but instead we get an white LED on top. But these aren't regular white LEDs either, having a flat top to help diffuse the light better. Sadly, they didn't do much and didn't light much beyond a faint glow. On the plus side, though, the top left pop bumper LED is in no danger of melting the plastic ramp just above it.

#25 12 years ago

Thanks Gorilla... here is an update: the blub works - I just didn't notice they were on because they only give off a tiny, tiny amount of light and it is straight out the top. The manual does not give a number for them. It is unhelpful on those three lights. Very helpful on everything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bought-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.