Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oz pin mini.jpg
    RACE-O-RAMA.JPG
    3E23G53L15Ne5L35Jfd630dc448ed08d71ed7..jpg
    3Ec3N83H45K75F95M7d6381bb77ec1a581589..jpg
    IMG_20130606_180635.jpg
    IMG_20130606_180622.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Dont Hate! I bought a Zizzle Pirates. Its not for me at all lol. Bought for my girlfriends kid. he is obsessed with pirates and I know he likes pinball as he plays mine. I cant wait to get it and shine it up and take it to him. Got to get them started young. I will post some pictures of it when I get it.

#2 10 years ago

My prayers are with you and your family.

God bless,
    Fatsquatch

#3 10 years ago

well made game....let me know if you need help. Great for kids not Yeti's. Jpop

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Anything that encourages kids to LOVE pinball is OK in my book!

#5 10 years ago

I would totally buy one if it was cheap enough. There was one on eBay for $50 but pick-up only and across the country. I'm running out of room and Fatsquatch has run out of pins to sell us, plus I've got to get my niece (who is currently 3 months old) started on something someday.

#6 10 years ago

I picked up two via CL for my nephew, $50 each. He has had other toy pinball machines and has broken all of them in short order, except the Zizzles.

#7 10 years ago

Which Pirates game?

#8 10 years ago

I had the Pirates Zizzle and traded it for a gumball machine.

#9 10 years ago

I plan on getting one when my sons are a little older and putting it in the lineup so they can "be like dad."

#10 10 years ago

I have a zizzle as well. The flippers could be a little more solid, but for $50 it really wasn't a bad deal. The kids that come over enjoy the crazyness and my cat walks on it to get onto JM

#11 10 years ago

Put a center post in it before you give it to the kid. The flippers are to far apart.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

Put a center post in it before you give it to the kid. The flippers are to far apart.

And use the other two extra posts from that top trio to block off the outlanes. Those things drain something terrible.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

They're great to learn how to nudge.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Some might say you're a bit biased, Mr. Pop.

#15 10 years ago

My condolences.

#16 10 years ago

Better value than buying "The Pin"...right??!

#17 10 years ago

well put it this way my parents bought a fireball home model for 800.00 bucks in the 70's. in 2012 money that inflates to $4665.83 the cost of a basic commerical stern

#18 10 years ago

either way I am making a kids day with this pinball machine if you can even call it a pin. the priceless look on his face is all that is going to make me feel good.

#19 10 years ago

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ give the inflater a try its pretty cool.

#20 10 years ago

also dont use the inflator to price the value of your pin

#21 10 years ago

I've got the same Zizzle. I'm kind of thinking about giving it a make-over. Turning it into an "adult" themed POTC. Heh heh. If you play it legit, it's basically impossible to get wizard mode, but you can lift it up and turn it almost on its side before it will tilt, so it's funny to play it by rocking it back and forth (way beyond nudging). The top rollovers are too hard to get sometimes, but can be improved by adding a couple of curved barriers to direct the ball into them.

#22 10 years ago

Zizzles have wizard modes?

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Zizzles have wizard modes?

Yupe. It even says so. Right there on the playfield. Though maybe we should be putting this all in quotes. "Wizard mode." "Playfield." etc. etc.

#24 10 years ago

Well here it is. I cleaned up a bit waxed the non shiny surface. The ball is actually kind of heavy for a BBC. Kinda fun not much response from the flippers. Does have a classic mode where it chimes. The kiddo loves it.

IMG_20130606_180622.jpgIMG_20130606_180622.jpg IMG_20130606_180635.jpgIMG_20130606_180635.jpg

#25 10 years ago

I've never played one but actually think their pretty cool, what were the issues with them not being successful as a cheaper toy?

#26 10 years ago

I think they were sucessful you rarely find them for sale. at least I have not come across many for under 200 bucks.

#26 10 years ago

Why does this post read like a confession?

Im going to buy one, one of these days for my Son, so he can have one to call his own. Sort of like getting your first BB gun. You'll throw your back out kid.

#27 10 years ago

That's actually pretty cool, I think it's a better idea than the Stern fiasco.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

That's actually pretty cool, I think it's a better idea than the Stern fiasco.

me too, one of these with real parts would be good, I'd like to get something for my niece in a few years when she's a bit older

#29 10 years ago

Why does this post read like a confession?
    Im going to buy one, one of these days for my Son, so he can have one to call his own. Sort of like getting your first BB gun. You'll throw your back out kid.

Confession time...
    My first pin was one of these

3Ec3N83H45K75F95M7d6381bb77ec1a581589..jpg3Ec3N83H45K75F95M7d6381bb77ec1a581589..jpg 3E23G53L15Ne5L35Jfd630dc448ed08d71ed7..jpg3E23G53L15Ne5L35Jfd630dc448ed08d71ed7..jpg

#30 10 years ago

I do not think they are too bad for the pricepoint. Good for kids or non pinball enthusiasts.

I picked up one of the early version marvel games for free. Fixed a pop bumper and sold it for $50.

Guy was stoked to finally own a pinball.
    (He would never have the money to own anything more expensive)

Fun for a few games. Got stale to me fast do to lack of rule depth. Shot map was a pretty good fan layout.

My first pin I believe was tomy electronics.

ebay.com link: vintage 1979 Tomy Atomic Arcade Pinball Machine

Best of luck hope the kid loves it.

#31 10 years ago

Yeah the sizzle still beats a tomy table. No batteries.

#32 10 years ago

Auto correct is making me look dumb *zizzle

3 months later
    #33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I had the Pirates Zizzle and traded it for a gumball machine.

You can get a stock, average condition, G1 POTC, newly
    listed on Ebay, for a Buy-It-Now of $495.00!
    Starting price of $349.00! 9-16-13
    That must be a Dynamite gumball machine.
    Are you sure you didn't trade for a Sucker machine?
    Not so easy, is it Matey!!

#34 10 years ago

I don't even know what the hell a Zizzle IS....
    (going to Google now...)

#35 10 years ago

the newer version of the POTC zizzle seems to be worth more because they have a lit backglass and more GI lighting than the one I had bought

#36 10 years ago

I think it's great you got a pin for your GF's kid. I remember my very first pinball. It wasn't a 'real' machine, but I LOVED IT! Here's a pic of me back in '76 playing that first NIB while my brother, dad and grandfather watch.

RACE-O-RAMA.JPGRACE-O-RAMA.JPG

#37 10 years ago

Hah! Great photo!!

#38 10 years ago

They actually look pretty cool! I have never see nor played one before. Do they have a little display?

#39 10 years ago

Yeah they have a lit lcd display nothing to fancy. They have a decent light show also when in attract mode.

#40 10 years ago

Has anyone ever posted pictures of the insides of Zizzle machines? Or of the underneath of the playfield?

#41 10 years ago

http://zidware.com/pinballzizzle/index.html

I will put up more stuff as I find it....all LED lit
    pinball from 2005! May have some under pics...Jpop

3 months later
    #43 10 years ago

I've had mine (used of course) about a week now, have done a few minor mods: post halfway up left side just above "cannibal island" moved to being a centerpost between flippers, bumper pins about half inch ahead of the sidewires, bits of soft foam slid in behind the slingshot arms (so they only trigger when they've been hit),
    the little mods sure allow for a fighting chance, really improving the gameplay. I wouldnt call the mods "cheating", it can still slide the ball right down the three drains like a meannie, sometimes repeatedly choke-choke-choke..
    THEN, right after getting it all dolled up, bumper cluster solenoid meltdown (fixed!), followed now with a main power transistor overheating issue (fixable replaceable I hope!).

after the little mods, gameplay was really good! when you get to "davey jones battle mode" you hear "welcome aboard" and the music changes to something a little darker mood, not so easy, even with the 3 bounce pins in. when you get to "wizard mode" (completing all targets twice again and several hits to the chest) the music changes again, very cool, and here comes the adrenaline!

it really has its plusses, the playfield (with minor mods) and gameplay are really good when everything is working as it should.. but that runs straight into its MINUSES (darnit-darnit-darnit!), they really should have spent a few extra bucks for better components, like slightly heavier wiring, solenoids and microswitches, and possibly a bit more "bulletproof" mainboard (?). I honestly wish they had, maybe theyed still be in production now. IMHO, reliability issues bit em in the hiney and they ran away leaving people unhappy, instead of upping their game to fix things.

reliability? I'd also just picked up an OLD tomy "StarCom" toy pinball. the battery cover missing, the tabs all corroded.
    wired it up to a 4v transformer with a couple diodes to drop the voltage down to its "audio section" (1.5v), and the little thing runs like a champ! people familiar with them know -everything- runs from one little motor driving scads of little gears levers and cams, is pretty crazy, but it still works today now decades old.

#44 10 years ago

Was offered one with a broken shooter rod - not able to fix with glue . No parts available - wouldn't give $20 for the junk !

#45 10 years ago

I like the Zizzle machines. My kids enjoyed them, and as has been said, getting to wizard mode every time is NOT likely. I too put a post between the flippers, and I also put one in between the lanes to make that shot for wizard mode advancement possible.

The only problem I've had with the machines is the plunger assembly. Both machines I've had have broken, and they're ridiculously difficult to fix. If that wasn't an issue, i'd keep one on hand just for the novelty of it. As it is, I just gave away a PoTC gen 1 the other day, and he'll probably be back for the Marvel at some point, which is too bad as I had added LED GI to that one, along with a bunch of cool Marvel Figure Factory figurines to it.

#46 10 years ago

Did you see the new Oz Zizzle LE??

oz pin mini.jpgoz pin mini.jpg
    #47 10 years ago

now I know who to call to ask for moving help

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Did you see the new Oz Zizzle LE??

Keep it up Ted. I am loving this stuff. LOL LOL LOL.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Keep it up Ted. I am loving this stuff. LOL LOL LOL.

Thanks! When I first saw that photo, I thought it was Photoshopped!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bought-a-zizzle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.