20220428_094750 (resized).jpg
20220315_152512 (resized).jpg
20220221_144245 (resized).jpg
20220221_145236 (resized).jpg
20220302_102558 (resized).jpg
20220302_105641 (resized).jpg
3BE58854-E7AB-44D7-9FB3-C463CF37AB3A (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211202-160743_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

In this case it is. It’s a VERY well designed eBike that looks like a bike and rides like a bike but I can go further and higher than ever. IT’S AMAZING

Totally agree....A couple months ago I purchased a Specialized Turbo Levo carbon expert and its simply amazing....so much so I purchased another one for my son.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No love for EBikes. At all.
Been a rash of them in our area in the last 2 years and the riders are absolutely horrid at following rules and staying on trail.
Absolutely hate them.
They are almost as bad as the horses.

I totally agree that everyone should follow the rules, but to say emtb riders are the only ones breaking them is complete BS....I see plenty of knuckleheads riding regular mountain bikes breaking the rules...probably more

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nobody said that.
Though, they will be directly responsible for getting us thrown out of a lot of trail in the next 4-5 years. They aren't bikes and should not be treated as such in regards to trail use.
They belong on the motorized trails, only.

why? Hasn't happened in my area and theres a shit ton of mountain bike trails.....sounds to me you have a bunch of out of control mountain bikers in your area

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

There's nothing to call BS on. Obviously you have comprehension problems.
Go read what I wrote again and ask yourself where I made the claim that they are the only category of trail user not following the rules?
Nowhere.
I pointed out that the populartiy of eBikes has resulted in a rash of trail users not following rules (and taking their habits deeper into the trail systems) and this is resulting in increased conflict.
They are not doing us any favors in regards to access. Lots of issues cropping up with them in the Intermountain West and the result will be more Trail closures.

you sound completely clueless to the real issue. The real issues sounds like people in your area are not following the rules....that has NOTHING to do with the type of bike you ride

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The main issue out here is specifically eBikes passing Stock on uphills. The advent of ebikes has made a situation that rarely if ever occurred commonplace and the results have been numerous injuries to riders and stock that are getting spooked in these incidents.
Having been on trail for over 30 years, from coast to coast, I can tell you that this is a new issue and it is causing an increase in conflicts.

I'm a 30+ year MTB rider and I haven't seen these issues, and we ride in many areas with live stock....I think your blaming the issue on ebike riders where the reality is both parties are probably at fault (if theres truly an issue). Your saying that because emtb bike ride faster up hills their the problem? I'm struggling to follow your logic.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Having read your responses, I am positive that Logic is not the issue here.

I think your making shit up, because your comments make little sense.

#81 3 years ago

I don't understand individuals who blame bikes for bad rider behavior....thats like blaming the gun for killing someone....theres zero logic to your argument...sure they can ascend at greater speeds (but give me a break its a few MPH's faster)....sounds like they need to make bells a requirement like they do in my area. I realize a bell isn't ideal, but it at least notifies that someone is coming! Like I said earlier the issue your describing has nothing to do with the bike, but everything to do with rude riders.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I actually picked up my new GME-bike yesterday. Paid for with some gains from the GME run-up. I really wanted the model above this, but I would have to fly to Utah where I found one in stock, or wait until August 2022. Bike shops aren't allowed to ship them to online buyers. The bike industry is a mess of backlogs right now. I also have a Trek Fuel 9.7...but wanted to give this a try.
[quoted image]

Nice ride ! I have the same KUAT bike rack.....

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No doubt Trail etiquette is at an all time low. But the introduction of the eBike has exacerbated this specific problem here.
Any rider knows the only time they enjoy the Right of Way is when encountering another cyclist on the downhill when you are heading up.
Otherwise, we are always low man on the totem pole.
The problem arises when inexperienced/uninformed riders encounter situations where they are expected to yield and do not. Or where they are in a situation where they are overtaking Stock and not providing warning to the Horse Riders.
eBikes are bringing the number of these incidents on our local trails up and as such are leading to more and more conflict. Partly because of the new situation of overtaking Horses on the Uphill and partly because they are bring more riders further into places where they were previously not able to go.
I am not blaming the bikes per se. I am noting that the facility they bring to cycling in the intermountain west, specifically, has lead to increases in conflict. This is directly due to the user. No doubt in any way.
But doesn't change the fact that their popularity has increased conflict.

I still stand by my original comment that it has nothing to do with the bike. Apparently in your area u have a bunch of out of control riders. My guess is most of those are not on pedal assist bikes.

3 months later
#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's mine, pricey but worth it!! Love this bike! This is when it was being built.. For those looking to buy a Specialized now, you may want to check your motorcycle dealers... that's where I found mine.
I bought this last year and they've had 2 price increases since... this bike would run about $7K OTD IF you can find one.
[quoted image]

I have 3 Specialized Levo's....I bought the S works for myself, and Levo comps for the kids....they are great bikes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bought-a-mountain-bike-that-cost-as-much-as-a-pinball-machine?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.