yoda.jpg
Sam_Elliott.jpg
BaiBai.jpg
abandon.gif
crying_baby_sTASH.jpg
crying_baby.jpg
crying_baby.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Saints suck. Dirty birds!

#102 10 years ago

Unlike this poster when I leave ,I will not make a silly post.

I made a joke a joke but one moderator who is monitoring my post said again said I was criticizing moderator. I did not know politics was frowned upon and yet I was still edited my the same mod who has a personal beef with me. I placed him on ignore but his power has gone to his head.

The site went from great community to one loaded with trolls and the mods let that go.

So what if the op was abrasive everything is so candy coated I got my first ban for saying nothing but criticism and they called it a attack.

I am saving one really good story that I know if I post I will be perma banned or edited so I refuse to give you the truth on jjp and how he treats his customers. Currently pinside can't handle the truth, so you get nada for now. No donations till robin leashes his watch dogs. If you want to call this a attack or a ban worthy post do it, I will laugh and smile at you.

#103 10 years ago

If he joins and quits in one day and gets that angry about such little things he must have A LOT of BIG problems in his life.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am saving one really good story that I know if I post I will be perma banned or edited so I refuse to give you the truth on jjp and how he treats his customers. Currently pinside can't handle the truth, so you get nada for now. No donations till robin leashes his watch dogs.

Good lord

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am saving one really good story that I know if I post I will be perma banned or edited so I refuse to give you the truth on jjp and how he treats his customers. Currently pinside can't handle the truth, so you get nada for now. No donations till robin leashes his watch dogs.

Ok...I am intrigued. Can you PM the story, or at least provide a teaser or two?

#106 10 years ago

I think what some people are missing is that we don't have to be all nice to each other, but we need to be civil. There is a difference.

I wouldn't say something on a thread that I wouldn't say to someone's face, so it boggles my mind when I read some pretty asinine things from a select few. We can disagree, but at the end of the day, we're all on the same team.

Fortunately, there are a lot of really great, funny, knowledgeable folks on here that outweigh the few bad apples.

#107 10 years ago

I was in your corner until I saw this. Good riddance!

#108 10 years ago

the cypress hill tag made me snort beverage thru my nose! Karma to you!

insane-membrane.pnginsane-membrane.png

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from CopMustache:

(It will be interesting to see how that rule varies in severity from one poster to another.)

Of course since you're leaving these forums you will never know...Sorry you felt censored, I have no idea about your specific situation but I think criticism should be accepted if not welcomed (as long as someone doesn't become abusive). Good luck on your future forum.

#110 10 years ago

Drama post is weak on good drama.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

Nope but it's already out there you just need to be smart to find. Jack is monitoring my posts so I will not spill the beans yet sorry. If you want pm me and I will give you some breadcrumbs. But the mods have scared me into not talking.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Nope but it's already out there you just need to be smart to find. Jack is monitoring my posts so I will not spill the beans yet sorry. If you want pm me and I will give you some breadcrumbs. But the mods have scared me into not talking.

It all makes sense now .. WOZ with it's ethernet port and internet connectivity .. it's all in Jack's plan to monitor every pinsider! Probably a dozen hidden pin-sized cams in those WOZ machines, transmitting back to JJP HQ at all times!

#114 10 years ago

Just one more. All together now......

#115 10 years ago

The law I have learned well enough to take the high road , so whatever you say you win. See I actually do not want a perma ban I like my aliase and friends I have made. Getting banned is not my intention , but freedoms to speak my mind was but I have given up on that. Right now I could spout off something profound but why waste my breath.

#117 10 years ago

Why does everyone become French when they leave pinside?

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sadly, Ben, I agree with so much of what the op said in his original post.
Next time I see you, we'll make sure to hold hands.

WE aRE The WorLd.....

Quoted from starbase:

No donations till robin leashes his watch dogs.

That is a bit of an overgeneralization, but if the forum is of value to you, you should support it despite what warts it has.

I have had only one questionable incident with a mod, most are spot on and do not sweat the small stuff. He had been jumping on posts of mine without justification, and when I suggested to him that he had a problem with me since he was interpreting everything wrongly and negatively, he denied that this was true. I became surveilled for posting titles in all caps, really was unaware of what all his concerns were, PMed him and after an exchange, got an official ban warning. Needless to say I wasn't a saint at the start of the exchange.

I had to be amused as while this was going on, several other posts all in caps went up and for several weeks afterward with no attention drawn from the commisar of capitalization.

There needs to be consistency; otherwise it is a personal issue whether one is able to admit it or not.

Aside from this silliness, I do think this particular mod is a decent guy who does what he believes is best for the forum and was one of the guys I thought highly of when I first joined.

Dan

#118 10 years ago

Darn it habO, I cannot stop watching that baby pouty face gif!

#119 10 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread today.
Thanks for the laughs.

#120 10 years ago

Makes me glad I sent her that check today.

Quoted from starfighter:

Blondetall Moderator? How did I miss that? Congratulations I think.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Love how this thread is tagged.

I find the tags for threads like this hysterical. I'm just sorry we lost all those epic tags from the DE SW signed translight thread. That was the best example of thread tagging ever. The shasta and pinball lesson thread had some good tags too.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

Quoted from starbase:

You have to know the ultra secret handshake before you can find out "The One Really Good Story"

#123 10 years ago

I donated on my last sale, most do not do that. My choice to donate and I will not anymore unless the site gets a little more looser again and I do not even feel like pointing fingers anymore.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from CopMustache:

So, AbsoNanny2 PM'd me, letting me know that we're all supposed to be nothing but nice around here. Sure, I might be a little abrasive, but I've done wrong but be honest.
Apparently, you're just supposed to applaud everything everybody does on here -- even if you truly disagree with it. There's no room for being real and honest, and I guess on Pinside everyone's supposed to get a trophy.
I haven't viciously attacked anybody, nor have all of my posts been negative. Doesn't seem to matter, though...if you're not cheerleading every little thing and keeping the phony Mr Rogers act in play, you're violating the rules of the "forum".
And that's fine, it aint my house or my rules. I'm also not one of the pansy-ass "EVAR HEAR OF FREE SPEACH!1!!" morons, so I'll just take my leave and just post elsewhere -- on another forum where pin collector's can be honest adults -- warts and all.
Thanks, party on, and Go Saints!
And before you start flaming, remember...you're only supposed to be NICE here. (It will be interesting to see how that rule varies in severity from one poster to another.)

Don't go brokedad . . . you can work this out brokedad. Err, wrong thread and wrong year.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Makes me glad I sent her that check today.

Woo hoo! My first bribe. (Kidding, kidding.) I mailed the 2 boxes on Sat, let me know when they get there and if they are of any use to you. Glad you could possibly use instead of going in the trash.

The tags are cracking me up.

#126 10 years ago

Best goodbye thread ever! image.jpgimage.jpg

#127 10 years ago

Troll...or that dude from RGP = Troll

#128 10 years ago

He did at least use his last post to cheer the Saints. Abrasive Cop Mustache Rides can't be all bad.

#129 10 years ago

Maybe it's the cop avatar, or the crying... or both. Somehow it all reminded me of this.

#130 10 years ago

"EVAR HEAR OF FREE SPEACH!1!!" moron
Funny he knows how to spell "moron" correctly

#131 10 years ago

Nananana hey hey.....good bye

#132 10 years ago

I choose not to participate in this ridiculous thread...

Oh, wait... I just did!

Damnit!!!!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#133 10 years ago

it's official! Guinness-pinside-COPMUSTACHE_2013.jpgGuinness-pinside-COPMUSTACHE_2013.jpg

#134 10 years ago

I think we may have witnessed the mysterious return of HOP. I wouldn't mess with him guys - he is a super genius. I know he's on his yacht right now planning his triumphant return to pinside!

#135 10 years ago

And everybody gets a trophy!

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry to lose you.

I hope in time you might stop by for a visit, or even post again.

LTG : )

L.T.G.

If you ask me, that stands for Lloyd The Gracious.

#137 10 years ago

... or "Let's Trash Gary".

.... I keed. I keed!...

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Why does everyone become French when they leave pinside?

Sometimes even before leaving!

#139 10 years ago

You'd think a site that relies on member contributions to fund it's existence wouldn't be so authoritarian on every little thing. Doesn't get me excited to hit the donate button.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

You'd think a site that relies on member contributions to fund it's existence wouldn't be so authoritarian on every little thing. Doesn't get me excited to hit the donate button.

I have a ton of fun on pinside, donated, and kept it clean (for the most part ) We are just guests here on a privately owned website. This guy came out trolling hard and was just given a friendly reminder to be cool and he spazzed out, not a big loss for the community. Not to mention he is probably Wise-guy, Flippeyfingers, or House ofPin.... just rubbish we all dont need to deal with.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This guy came out trolling hard and was just given a friendly reminder to be cool and he spazzed out, not a big loss for the community.

But we sure had a good time, didn't we?

#142 10 years ago

Not defending this guy at all. Just seems the general tone of the site has gotten tense and where everybody is nervous to post anything critical at the moment, even an honest observation. So many locked threads just for calling out Stern or Jack for bad experiences.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Not defending this guy at all. Just seems the general tone of the site has gotten tense and where everybody is nervous to post anything critical at the moment, even an honest observation. So many locked threads just for calling out Stern or Jack for bad experiences.

I actually think it's been less tense around here for the past week or so. To be fair though, I did take a 3 day break so I may be wrong about that.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

everybody is nervous to post anything critical at the moment,

See you can, but being an anus while doing it, is not civil or needed.

#145 10 years ago

Don't feel too sad. He will certainly pop back on here with a new alias tomorrow.

No one makes 20 posts in 24 hours then goes away cold turkey....

The saddest part, he;s most surely reading EVERY one of these posts in his farewell thread.... one can almost sense his despair at the total lack of sympathy and the near complete tone of sarcasm and dismissiveness.

He was certainly watching and hoping for a litany of "hey dude, this is BS, dont go" messages.... but alas, the sentiment was "dont let the door hit yer arse on the way out"

#146 10 years ago

David Mitchell sums this up for me

tumblr_mkvgk7Q9jI1qbjt25o1_500.giftumblr_mkvgk7Q9jI1qbjt25o1_500.gif

#147 10 years ago

I just think it's stupid making a thread about this when you've only been here for a day.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Well said , the sight is very tense right now and I am no saint in the matter. Tried hard to listen to criticism and now it's more like but triple check my posts do not who or what will try to burn me like a witch.

#149 10 years ago

Well you do make a good point brent149
lets close this topic then no real need for it to stay open is it

#150 10 years ago

Who was that stached man?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bid-thee-adieu/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.