(Topic ID: 137911)

I bet $200 Jurassic World would be Sterns next pin...

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Charliew65
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twilight_zone-314134213_large.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_9.33.01_PM.png
    2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_8.14.34_PM.png
    how-to-make-200-dollars-fast.png
    #1 8 years ago

Not sure if you guys remember, but I had two bets going ($100 each) that Jurassic World would be Stern's next pin. I'm not going to say who tipped me off, but that man owes me some beers. So congrats to Grinder901 and Mitch1985. Please confirm for people here you were paid once money gets sent. Was a fun thing to wager on. Next time I'll make it a $10 bet Need gas for the Hellcat.

how-to-make-200-dollars-fast.pnghow-to-make-200-dollars-fast.png

#2 8 years ago

Go Away

#3 8 years ago

$100 is a manly bet, $10 is nuthin'.

At least you know your informant is bullshit, you can now snuff him and put him in a dumpster.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I'm not going to say who tipped me off, but that man owes me some beers.

In a perfect world it was doughslingers, and was just the first step in an incredibly long con.

#5 8 years ago

the guys should have their money. Congrats guys. Wow, GOT...awesome. A true dragon battle is upon us.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_8.14.34_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_8.14.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_9.33.01_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_9.33.01_PM.png

#6 8 years ago

Received my $100

#7 8 years ago

So what is the Hellcat?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

So what is the Hellcat?

2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Got my paypal $100. Man of your word. Thanks Kaneda. I agree, anything less than $100 bet and why bother.

Stern had me worried for a minute after the bet was made looking at their list of games compared to the list of top grossing movies.

GOT is going to have some mass appeal. I can't wait to see the playfield and know more about the gameplay.

#10 8 years ago

C'mon dude...Kaneda will be awarded the "most improved pinsider" award at the ceremony this year and I for one have been enjoying his posts lately...

#11 8 years ago

That's a manly bet for a manly man with a manly car.

#12 8 years ago

Notch #2 Kaneda. Great job. You've earned it.

Rick.

#13 8 years ago

Hey now be nice, that's the new Pinside way. Besides how many other Pinsiders would look for and follow through on a bet?

#14 8 years ago

Thats fantastic sportsmanship Kaneda.

Chapeau!

#15 8 years ago

Take some notes Whysnow

#16 8 years ago

Yeah, man of your word. Nice!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

C'mon dude...Kaneda will be awarded the "most improved pinsider" award at the ceremony this year and I for one have been enjoying his posts lately...

Agreed

#18 8 years ago

Your bet... spared no expense.

#19 8 years ago

No point in betting if you don't win AND lose. With the amount of speculation on new pins I'm surprised Vegas doesn't have odds out there.

GOT 3-2
    JAWS 3-1
    Ghostbusters 10-1
    Jurassic World 5-1

#20 8 years ago

Ghostbusters is happening.

#21 8 years ago

Are you giving 10-1 odds on Ghostbusters? I'm not one to turn down a 10-1 bet..

Props to you for following through on your bet. Far too many people find a way to weasel out when it comes time to pay up.

#22 8 years ago

Hey, Kaneda...can you hit the reset button and bet that JW will be their next pin? Because I'd take that bet again!

You actually paid up on that bet...you're alright in my book. I would've been like, "Bet? What bet? No idea what you're talking about!" But then again, that's why I don't make bets.

A Jurassic World bet I'd take, though...SMVE is most likely Stern's next pin, so easy money for me. And Ben is right...Ghostbusters is probably happening, but it's about half a year out or so, I think.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Ghostbusters is happening.

I suppose the real wager is which cast it will feature.

#24 8 years ago

Ghostbusters or bttf will be the Dp number 2 pin is my best geuss.

#25 8 years ago

Way to pony up the cash! It's just money.

#26 8 years ago

Man...a $100 US dollars! That's like 500 can $$. Mitch must be in ecstasy! Beers are on Mitch and Ryan

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dude, I cannot agree enough on this. The turnaround is simply insane. Like, I really can't believe it. It's like I'm entering.....oh God........!

twilight_zone-314134213_large.jpgtwilight_zone-314134213_large.jpg

#28 8 years ago

In Wyoming, a mans word is all he has, without that, you are not a man.
    Good job.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from CobraClutch:

I suppose the real wager is which cast it will feature.

I can't see the new cast members appearing on any version of a Stern Ghostbusters game. They know the classic cast is what is going to sell those games to middle aged cashed up pinball hobbyists.

#30 8 years ago

I'd go against Jurassic World being next, but not $200 against. My guess is that Jurassic World will be by Borg in May-ish, if it does end up happening.

#31 8 years ago

+1 for paying up, but are you just going to keep doubling the bet till you win? At Texas Pinball festival I overheard Llyod telling Butch that they have to get these Hobbits out before they announce Jurrasic world so I thought you were going to win......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bet-200-jurassic-world-would-be-sterns-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.