Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by wdennie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s nothing to worry about long term. There are no sparks in that area to possibly start a fire.
Air it out with a small fan for a few hours and you’ll be ok. If you smell the WD strongly after that try some isopropyl alcohol 95% or greater. Rubbing alcohol is only about 70% IIRC. The rest of it is water.

Yeah I’m inclined to think this was just a minor scrape with hanger steak, not a full on USDA beef. Game will probably be ok. Air it out, if you are worried, take it apart and clean it. And stop doing dumb things you know you aren’t supposed to do!!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I can agree with that to a point. I’ll probably be in this for 200-300 hours when it’s done, and it’s still gonna look awful - I don’t think anyone would ever buy it from me when done.
Most plastics are broken including the ramps, the side art is basically gone, and there’s no way to ever make this game look acceptable.
Trying to keep parts cost to an absolute minimum. With quarantine, I have nothing better to work on.
I tried removing the volume control again today, it is still not going anywhere. In retrospect, a small amount of WD-40 may have been my only option in this case.
I cleaned it again today, with a light misting of rubbing alcohol. Will still leave the game off for another day or two.

At some point in every bottom feeding pinhead's life, he or she must ask the question: Is this worth it?

I have no idea what you paid for Hook (a terrible game) that clearly spent some time underwater. Even if it were free, I probably wouldn't take it, but I've had 20 years to figure out what's worth my time and what isn't.

Good luck on your journey my friend!

#35 3 years ago

How do we feel about 3 in 1 oil?

I’ve used it on a precious few EM things. Also quieter up my bathroom door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-believe-ive-made-a-terrible-mistake?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.