(Topic ID: 260193)

I am tired of the wind. It can make funny stories though.

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Manimal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic3662417 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

Best wind story of mine:

Was 14 years old. Family vacation out to the Rocky Mountains, father wanted to go up to the top of Pikes Peak, in Manitou Springs Colorado. Long drive up on a dirt road - this was long, LONG before it was paved - and my mother was just freaking out the whole time with the sheer drop-offs along the road.

Finally make it to the top, and it's freakin' FREEZING. We weren't really dressed for the temp change, so we bundle up as best we can. My dad ends up wearing a leather jacket and a baseball cap.

This baseball cap is.. now, lost to humanity. It was windy at the top of the mountain, see, and up there with all the rocks, the wind can shift directions

fast. We're taking a family photo, another tourist holding my dad's camera. At that moment, a gust of wind comes, and just blows my dad's hat off his head. My mom looks all worried as the tourist is getting ready to take the picture, and asks, "Aren't you going to get it?" She says, and my dad, calm as all getout, lifts his hand over his head and says, "Nah, another one will be by soon." Not less than 5 seconds later, a hat - a

differenthat is just blown into his hand. Without a word he sets it on his head and smiles for the picture. He has that picture framed down in his room at their house.

He gave the hat back - he admitted that he saw the other hat get blown off someone else, but didn't expect to actually catch it.

HIShat blew off the side of the mountain, and .. as far as I know, never retrieved.

To this day, I look back at that moment in pride and awe, to be able to just have the cards (hats?) fall like that to make such a performance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-tired-of-the-wind-it-can-make-funny-stories-though?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.