(Topic ID: 304134)

I am sorry, but this is getting out of hand........

By vdojaq

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tags on tags bro (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-134037_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Puking Rainbows.gif
    68' Charger - painted - circa 1984 (resized).jpg
    7E920DB9-4A11-4D04-899F-0BBA5C5A5993 (resized).jpeg
    Barf (resized).jpg
    Bingo (resized).jpg
    quote-what-goes-up-must-come-down-isaac-newton-45-58-80 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I know anything is worth what someone will pay, but asking $28K for a pinball machine? Yes, the TRON LE listed is what I am talking about. It is going to become a point when this hobby prices itself out of the market. It will become the rich man's game and the everyday guy gets pushed out all together.

My rant.....

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from wontwa:

Not until someone chimes in with a cryptic post about how they know definitively that Tron will never be re-run.

Right, but it's not just TRON. That was just the convenient example. Facebook $6995 for a routed WPT??? C'mon? Yes, ask whatever, but who the hell is paying these prices? Not your regular/average collectors. Used to be able to find starter machines or projects for a few hundred bucks, now it's $1000 plus.

It's also getting to the point that operators are going to either stop buying or have to charge $2 bucks a game to have any chance of recouping their money.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

It’s like eBay when people try to sell their game locally.
    Someone has a beat up Captain fantastic and see one on eBay for $8500 mint.
    1) your captain isn’t in that condition
    2) that’s the ASKING price not the SELLING price.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's not what every game is selling for.

Oh yeah, that's my favorite...I have seen them selling for $10K on Ebay. NO, you have seen their asking price on Ebay. Oh, BTW it's been there for 6 months.

Here look at some of the toppers going for $2k + alone. That's just nuts! Play the machine, the topper does nothing but flash some lights.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Completely agree prices should never go up so sell me the Stern Dracula you have for the $700 it cost new and the world will be right again.

$700? No, but I WILL make you a deal and sell it. Perfect playfield and plastics.

The BGR glass for it should be here any day!

#43 2 years ago

The gist of all this is a Pinball machine is nothing more than a big toy once it is in the possession of a homeowner. None of us NEEDS a pinball machine, it's a want, a desire. We all need vehicles/transportation and a roof over our heads, money to pay for food and our lively hoods. None of which includes owning a pinball machine as a necessity unless you are an operator.

So I ask again. How long can these price increases be sustained until the operators say no more? The price per play has to go up with the increase of costs. Are people going to be inclined to drop $2 bucks for a 3 ball game? There is a domino effect here that is certainly plausible.

This thread was never meant to be a "price police" The TRON just happened to be an easy target for an example.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

The only people upset about it are jealous of either the profit the seller received or somehow feel entitled to be able to own the object at (possibly) less than the current market value of the object. Either way it is merely outrage at the ‘unfairness’ of the world for not serving up what they want and exactly when they want it.

You are so off base with this assumption. It has nothing to do with jealousy and the world doesn't owe me a damn thing. It's about smart money vs stupid money, economics. OK, cupcake?

1 month later
    #139 2 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

So what can I reasonably ask for a nice getaway?

About Tree fiddy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-sorry-but-this-is-getting-out-of-hand?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.