(Topic ID: 112552)

I am seeking unhappy buyer advice. Please help!

By Golgotha

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010241.JPG
Ted & Robert Iler 2.jpg
ted and martin landau.jpg
image-88.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-593.jpg
keep-calm-and-better-call-saul.png
10.jpg
8.jpg
9-my bad.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

I don't know man. You aren't a retailer, right? Just a private sale?

He's bluffing with the lawsuit threats. In reality, just ignore this and it will probably go away. The guy is being unreasonable. The longer you engage this idiot the more emboldened he'll get. Your best course of action is probably to stop responding to his emails.

#12 9 years ago

The funny thing is this is a decent enough Addams Family, and he'd likely have little to no trouble recouping all his money (maybe less shipping) on a local sale in Canada.

This is not your problem OP. All this idiocy about mods, some other game he found blahblahblah...not your problem. You made a HUGE mistake initially agreeing to accept the game back less shipping - probably added a week or so of nonsense from this guy. But when he realized you were receptive he got greedy.

Send him a terse, SHORT email stating that you never agreed to take the game back if he didn't like it, that you consider the sale final and that's that. There will be some angry emails and maybe some phone calls (which you should ignore and of course block if possible) and he'll go away.

#28 9 years ago

Why do you continue to communicate with this guy?

#96 9 years ago

Is it just me or is "barn find" an absolutely horrible thing to put in a "for sale" ad?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#98 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

For $5500 maybe you should have cleaned it up a little better. Might have saved you all this headache.

Maybe so. But we all know that the buyer is being unreasonable, simple as that. The worm seems to have turned on this thread but it's simply unrealistic for the buyer to expect that this seller will take the game back, plus pay shipping and taxes. Never in a million years will that happen and threatening legal action is ridiculous.

Did the seller learn a lesson? Maybe. The buyer surely did. Dude should suck it up, stop whining, and just clean the thing up, that's a pretty nice Addams. He's obviously not afraid to get into the game (as evidenced by the pictures). In an hour he could have this thing cleaned up pretty nicely.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

That is why the guy said there was Hay inside. Oh my goodness! My initial ad was titled "Incredible BARn find" It was a play on words. Is that saying (Barn find) only used in the States? It was in a BAR (all caps) where you go for a drink (which I could use after this headache) stored for 15 years actually after the owner passed away. the lower case "n" was in reference to a "Barn Find" It was a simple (although clever play on words). In his reply he said it had HAY inside... as in when it was stored in my BARN, ya know next to the cows. This reinforces the fact that he is grasping at straws (pun intended) and making this up for one of a million reasons.

Can you explain this "clever" joke to me again? Break it down for me. I'm having trouble understanding it. Why did you turn 'Bar find" into "BARn find?"

Will you be doing this for advertisements?

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

55 for an Adams sounds "actionable" to me.

But it's a "BARn" find game.

A "BARn" - as in the kind of place people drink. Not a barn with cows!!!

Get it? It's a clever play on words. For some reason that I can't possibly fathom.

Look out for future clever wordplay. Such as "incredible cRAP pinball machine!"

As in RAP machine - you know, all blinged out with mods. By taking RAP, and adding a small c at the beginning, I'm engaging in clever word play. Only an idiotic Canadian would actually think the game REALLY is crap.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

This is pretty simple..
The buyer is out of his mind, he wants 2500 back for these small issues, which means he gets an Addams Family for 3K.. no way is that possible..
Seller should have done a better job and the cleaning, and restoration for that price tag.. that shot above the hole where thing picks up the ball, you can see the dirt trail there, it was a simple slap a few mods on, quick wipe down type of shop job..
I agree with others, either refund him about 500 bucks, or pay someone up there to go and make the game right..
There is a middle ground here, both sides just need to find it..
And to the Seller, consider pointing out the flaws in your machine when you list it.. you want the buyer to get better than what they expected, not worse..

This is level-headed and reasonable but with this douchebag sending threatening letter from shyster lawyers why even bother negotiating? Seems like it'll just get used against him by the Canadian embassy.

My advice to the seller remains: Cut all ties with this joker, spend many 7 extra minutes next time you sell a pin cleaning up obvious filth, and stop getting cute with "Barn find" jokes that make absolutely no sense, and aren't clever or funny.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-seeking-unhappy-buyer-advice-please-help?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.