(Topic ID: 112552)

I am seeking unhappy buyer advice. Please help!

By Golgotha

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010241.JPG
Ted & Robert Iler 2.jpg
ted and martin landau.jpg
image-88.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-593.jpg
keep-calm-and-better-call-saul.png
10.jpg
8.jpg
9-my bad.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

I live in a remote part of Canada and have to buy pins sight unseen and get them shipped based on pictures. If the machine plays OK when it gets here, any other unexpected fixes at that point might be disappointing, but it's a cost of doing business. I don't expect to get into shipping things back and forth. Once it gets here, that's it, I'm on my own.

I would ask for money back if the thing doesn't turn on or was unplayable.

Hell, I just got a NIB Star Trek Pro with a severe issue 50 games in. Stuff happens, I'm not shipping it back.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Where in Canada is this moron located, I would love to send him an offer to take it off his hands if he is close by

Haha I was thinking the same thing

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

PS:isn't the fact that the game is now in CANADA the value has increased? i am sure he could flip it for a nice profit.

Nah, there are cheaper TAF in Canada than what he paid. Exchange rate now is brutal.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You get what you sow and in this case you knew exactly what you were doing by selling a VERY dirty game to someone far away

Are we really this upset over a dirty game? Like $2500 and legal action for dirt? Coming at Golgotha with torches and pitchforks for like 1 hour of work by the buyer?

Even if the game arrived sparkling clean he would have to clean it again eventually...

Seems like people are blowing this out of proportion just to have an axe to grind.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I don't think that this will make the buyer happy, though a simple solution. Its clearly buyers remorse and he's trying to extort the seller.

This is especially evident when he claims there's hay in the machine and it's never been inside a barn.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

May be indicative to a mouse nesting up in the game when it was in the BARn. I had a game shipped in and the previous owner had no idea that a mouse family had taken up residence in the backbox. In shipping the stored seed and hay from the nest was shaken loose and was a fun surprise when I opened the game.
Given the sellers lack of attention to detail I would not be amazed if he also did not notice a mouse nest in the game...

You have a great imagination.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I am once again GLAD I NEVER ship games.. and all this re-enforces my decision NOT to do so.. or to buy a game and have it shipped

You have to get games shipped to a lot of places in Canada. Otherwise your pool of selection drops to virtually nothing if you aren't in a major metropolitan centre. If you are trying to advise people to never get a pin shipped, there are some people who just don't have that luxury.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Then they should REALLY do their homework on who they are buying from..

Or be prepared for a pin that's less than perfect and not cry about it when it happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 180.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-seeking-unhappy-buyer-advice-please-help?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.