(Topic ID: 112552)

I am seeking unhappy buyer advice. Please help!

By Golgotha

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010241.JPG
Ted & Robert Iler 2.jpg
ted and martin landau.jpg
image-88.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-593.jpg
keep-calm-and-better-call-saul.png
10.jpg
8.jpg
9-my bad.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

May be indicative to a mouse nesting up in the game when it was in the BARn. I had a game shipped in and the previous owner had no idea that a mouse family had taken up residence in the backbox. In shipping the stored seed and hay from the nest was shaken loose and was a fun surprise when I opened the game.
Given the sellers lack of attention to detail I would not be amazed if he also did not notice a mouse nest in the game...

You have a great imagination.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You have a great imagination.

Thanks but this was reality. Seller is even a pinsider. He really had zero idea that there was a mouse nest in the game or that the mouse had been hiding seed and grass all over the place in hidden spots.

If it happened to me, it could be the case with this game also.

#153 9 years ago

Personally I don't sell pins to n00bs unless they pick up in person. However, I will show them how to break down and set up the game and answer any questions they have about the particular game or just pinball in general. And I always advise them of the tail light warranty that I include on each and every game.

#154 9 years ago

That's a longer warranty than I give.

Quoted from BradKreisler:

And I always advise them of the tail light warranty that I include on each and every game.

#155 9 years ago

This is pretty simple..

The buyer is out of his mind, he wants 2500 back for these small issues, which means he gets an Addams Family for 3K.. no way is that possible..

Seller should have done a better job on the cleaning and the description and restoration for that price tag, that is not a 5500 TAF... that shot above the hole where thing picks up the ball, you can see the dirt trail there, it was a simple slap a few mods on, quick wipe down type of shop job..

I agree with others, either refund him about 500 bucks, or pay someone up there to go and make the game right..

There is a middle ground here, both sides just need to find it..

And to the Seller, consider pointing out the flaws in your machine when you list it.. you want the buyer to get better than what they expected, not worse..

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

This is pretty simple..
The buyer is out of his mind, he wants 2500 back for these small issues, which means he gets an Addams Family for 3K.. no way is that possible..
Seller should have done a better job and the cleaning, and restoration for that price tag.. that shot above the hole where thing picks up the ball, you can see the dirt trail there, it was a simple slap a few mods on, quick wipe down type of shop job..
I agree with others, either refund him about 500 bucks, or pay someone up there to go and make the game right..
There is a middle ground here, both sides just need to find it..
And to the Seller, consider pointing out the flaws in your machine when you list it.. you want the buyer to get better than what they expected, not worse..

This is level-headed and reasonable but with this douchebag sending threatening letter from shyster lawyers why even bother negotiating? Seems like it'll just get used against him by the Canadian embassy.

My advice to the seller remains: Cut all ties with this joker, spend many 7 extra minutes next time you sell a pin cleaning up obvious filth, and stop getting cute with "Barn find" jokes that make absolutely no sense, and aren't clever or funny.

#157 9 years ago

Hey Levi

While I agree, the letter from the Lawyer seems ridiculous, we have really only heard one side of the story.. Every story has 2 sides..

1. How long ago, was this transaction made?

2. Has the seller been ignoring contact from the buyer? Has the seller offered ANYTHING to the buyer to try to make it right?

I would be curious to hear the other side to this story, was this an immediate letter.. or did this come over a length of time?

I am once again GLAD I NEVER ship games.. and all this re-enforces my decision NOT to do so.. or to buy a game and have it shipped, if I cannot get it and get home in the same 12 hour period.. I wait till one comes up!

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would be curious to hear the other side to this story, was this an immediate letter.. or did this come over a length of time?

...not sure I give a shit about any of this anymore...

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I am once again GLAD I NEVER ship games.. and all this re-enforces my decision NOT to do so.. or to buy a game and have it shipped

You have to get games shipped to a lot of places in Canada. Otherwise your pool of selection drops to virtually nothing if you aren't in a major metropolitan centre. If you are trying to advise people to never get a pin shipped, there are some people who just don't have that luxury.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You could stop reading then..

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You have to get games shipped to a lot of places in Canada. Otherwise your pool of selection drops to virtually nothing if you aren't in a major metropolitan centre. If you are trying to advise people to never get a pin shipped, there are some people who just don't have that luxury.

Then they should REALLY do their homework on who they are buying from..

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

You could stop reading then..

...can't! like a car crash....i GOTTA see the severed leg!!

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What a letdown, I thought this post would include at least one animated .gif or some random ted with Celebrity photo....

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...can't! like a car crash....i GOTTA see the severed leg!!

Oh man.. came to a red light this afternoon.. saw cars cutting across an unpaved area to get around the light, was a few cars back, so could not see why.. under a tractor trailer there was a car!

Yes, had to really take that in.. guilty!

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What a letdown, I thought this post would include at least one animated .gif or some random ted with Celebrity photo....

If you INSIST!

ted and martin landau.jpgted and martin landau.jpg
#166 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Then they should REALLY do their homework on who they are buying from..

Or be prepared for a pin that's less than perfect and not cry about it when it happens.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you INSIST!

ted and martin landau.jpg 258 KB

I gotta admit, these photos crack me up. With all the handshaking, it makes it look like you are negotiating peace throughout the world. Although I think it would be funnier if you owned a shirt company and these were all photos of you sealing shirt deals with celebrities...

#168 9 years ago

...you're giving me an idea!

Ted & Robert Iler 2.jpgTed & Robert Iler 2.jpg
#169 9 years ago

The heck with Martin Landau; how about Barbara Bain? Preferably when she was hot.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...you're giving me an idea!

Ted & Robert Iler 2.jpg 42 KB

There you go, now you are onto something.... You shouldn't have to ever buy another one of those shirts again if you forward a few pics to the manufacturer....

#171 9 years ago

Alexander Henry!!...are you listening??

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

i was hoping for a pic of ted holding a severed leg...

#173 9 years ago

I HAVE that!!

P1010241.JPGP1010241.JPG
#174 9 years ago

i would be disappointed if you didn't...

#175 9 years ago

OP still hasn't addressed the filthy fucking flipper

#176 9 years ago

He was just trying to maximize his income & profit for doing minimal work by flipping a machine. His goal was to get positive reinforcement here.

He came to the wrong place.

Follow the money.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you INSIST!

ted and martin landau.jpg 258 KB

When was that taken? Man, is he old!

Great actor though.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

OP still hasn't addressed the filthy fucking flipper

I think he did address that by saying even though he put on brand new rubbers, he had people playing it quite a bit for another month after that, so the new rubbers obviously got dirty because the playfield had not been cleaned well enough. There were mistakes made on both ends of this deal, but I don't feel it's wise to vilify or insult anyone over it. We all make mistakes, and hopefully everyone who read this will gain something from it and become more educated buyers and sellers. I know I sure have, and I have not even bought my first pin. I hope to do that next year sometime.

For the record I got burned a lot worse than this on a piece of farm equipment I bought through an internet auction a few months ago. There was a lot more wrong with it than what I was led to believe by the seller. And this was a legitimate dealership disposing of something they got in on trade. Obviously I did not ask the right questions or inspect it well enough beforehand, but I know the seller was holding back information. I had to spend a lot more in repairs to get the equipment operable than what I was counting on.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

When was that taken? Man, is he old!

Great actor though.

Couple years ago... great guy!

#180 9 years ago

seems the OP has left the building?

He is still visiting Pinside everyday but no updates to the situation...

#181 9 years ago

Well...things turned ugly for him, so I'm guessing that's not the way he planned for this thread to go.

#182 9 years ago

It's great to know that Martin Landau is still alive!

It'll be interesting to see how this thread turns out in the end. I feel that there are good points on both sides of this transaction, tough to choose.

#183 9 years ago

In the end Sellers just need to be honest with what they are selling especially to a noob.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But it's a "BARn" find game.

A "BARn" - as in the kind of place people drink. Not a barn with cows!!!

Get it? It's a clever play on words. For some reason that I can't possibly fathom.

Look out for future clever wordplay. Such as "incredible cRAP pinball machine!"

As in RAP machine - you know, all blinged out with mods. By taking RAP, and adding a small c at the beginning, I'm engaging in clever word play. Only an idiotic Canadian would actually think the game REALLY is crap.

I always like your wit.

#185 9 years ago

OP disappeared from all the heat....

#186 9 years ago

Well what would you expect, sheesh.

#187 9 years ago

I am a noob in this yes. I have yet to get my first pin. Even after reading this I am still willing to by a pin and have it shipped here. Even theo I am in a big city I haven't seen pins up for sale much here. From this I know I will have to look closely at the pics and get the advice from you guys on stuff I don't understand. I hope to get one soon.

#188 9 years ago

By from someone that you can trust. Pictures will not tell the whole story. In the end you need to buy from someone who is reputable and honest.

#189 9 years ago

Don't be afraid to post the seller in the buying advice section, you can get great feedback from there, should the seller have dealt with someone on pinside in the past..

#190 9 years ago

Was thinking of that and also have been looking at the pinside market too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,159.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-seeking-unhappy-buyer-advice-please-help/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.