(Topic ID: 7105)

I am really interested in Iron Man, but I have never had the chance to play one.

By shanetastic

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by genex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ironman2-4.jpg
IMAG0927.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 12 years ago

I love taking every chance to talk Iron man so here goes. Been through alot of Pins and for me this is the last to go, a true keeper. Right now i have it next to a TZ and a Tron LE.

TZ and IM are perfect opposites - you know the story there. TZ is the best of the stop/go while IM is the best of the fast/flow.

Tron LE is somewhere in the middle, so i am happy for the balance. Better game? IM by a nice margin. Tron is fun, but IM has something magical.

I also had an SM here. Lots more to do in SM - modes etc, but, not as fun as IM is - not the same rush.

Where IM succeeds is the "just one more" factor. After your game is up, no other game calls you back for another start like this. Its addictive.

The layout at first glance tells you there is nothing to do. But there is - lots of shots, lots of options of what to go for. The ruleset makes it possible - go for Do or Die or Jericho? Try and master the villians to carry their "lights" over to the next ball?

As far as challenge, i have over 1500 on my HUO, and it still handles me well. BUT - i have learned the table like no other, i have a lot of control of the ball now. This is one game that has made me a better player. Still, the game gets my heart pounding. Only TZ can do that to you when i near LITZ - with IM you get there faster.

Good luck with one and let us know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-really-interested-in-iron-man-but-i-have-never-had-the-chance-to-play-one?tu=bigpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.