Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by emo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Well, I got twister last monday and was looking for one more pin to fill my lineup. Figured something under 800 and then I would be done.

Problem is an unshopped funhouse popped up on rgp and after much soul searching (and nudging from a fellow collector) it looks like it will be mine for 1700. i might just be a cheapskate, but it hurts to pay that much for a game. Only one I paid more for was LOTR at 3200. My buddy has kindly opted to help buy twister to the tune of 950.

Still my lineup if I ever get it fixed will be tommy, JP, Bf, and FH which I think is pretty good for a poor graduate student.

Going to have to put off a few purchases and sell a few spares I have. If anyone is interested in a non-working flipptronics I board, non-working wpc dmd driver board let me know. i don't know what is wrong with them since I have not had a way to test them in quite some time. I also have spare slings for tommy, JP, and Star Wars Trilogy as well as a millenium falcon keychain and south park keychains.

#2 12 years ago

It will never stop....

#3 12 years ago

Very jealous! How did I miss that one. After looking at your list of past owned titles, have you found that the enjoyment from the lower priced pins is satisfying enough? I think I could part with the money for the high dollar pins, but would be plagued with guilt very shortly. I know that about myself from other hobbies as well. There is just something about a cheaper machine that draws me in.

I still want a funhouse though, and will probably be blinded by the "want" when that wallet opens up.

#4 12 years ago

Good luck...I have been "really done this time" a half dozen times and counting

#5 12 years ago

I will help you out.I have always wanted Data East 'Tommy' or a collector quality LOTR. I know you do not want to sell but if "Tommy' is Collector quality I would make it worth your while.My 'MINT' JUNK YARD is for sale or trade.Food for thought!!!!!!!!!! Peace Rob

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Very jealous! How did I miss that one. After looking at your list of past owned titles, have you found that the enjoyment from the lower priced pins is satisfying enough? I think I could part with the money for the high dollar pins, but would be plagued with guilt very shortly. I know that about myself from other hobbies as well. There is just something about a cheaper machine that draws me in.

Lower priced pins are quite satisfying, but the whole point of buying them cheap and selling them off has been to upgrade my collection. For example I had LOTR and SF2 at the same time. Since then every game I have purchased has been with money made from buying/selling games since then. I always came under budget so I could probably have afforded a few more since then.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

I will help you out.I have always wanted Data East 'Tommy' or a collector quality LOTR. I know you do not want to sell but if "Tommy' is Collector quality I would make it worth your while.My 'MINT' Junk Yard is for sale or trade.Food for thought!!!!!!!!!! Peace Rob

Sorry but absolutely no interest in JY. It is a neat looking game, but just doesn't have the replay value. As for tommy I am 30+ hours into it and I still have never played it. Only tried it out when I got it which meant always multiball, unleveled, and filthy.

Unless I sell a game I am done until tax time. For the first time since I started collecting I have a very nice lineup that I don't have any interest in selling. It just gets to be too much work spending 20+ hours on a shop job. Despite the number of games I have owned I have never had more than 2 fully working at a time. quite frankly I am tired of it. I just want to get this lot working and enjoy them for awhile.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from yenningcomity:

I just want to get this lot working and enjoy them for awhile.

Hope the FH works out for you yenning, that would be a pretty sweet line up you would have. GOOD LUCK!

#8 12 years ago

It isn't the Funhouse in in the Cleveland area is it?

#9 12 years ago

No this one is in IL.

I am paying 1700, but since I am making 250 off twister after a week of ownership I feel like I am paying 1450.

#10 12 years ago

Wow! thats a good deal for a FH. Good thing you saw it before me or I would have snatched that thing right out from under your nose. Enjoy it.

#11 12 years ago

Congrats Yenning. I hope to get moving on building my lineup soon. I just have a very specific list of what I want which makes the hunt a little more difficult.

#12 12 years ago

Don't get too specific. If you can find a few games under value buy them. you never know what you might like and even if you don't you can always get your money out. I find buying specific games means paying more, alot more.

#13 12 years ago

mine for 1700. i might just be a cheapskate, but it hurts to pay that much for a game

I agree, I gave 1600 for my Dr Who and that hurt

But the guy who shopped it did a super awesome job so that eased the pain a bit.

#14 12 years ago

Yeah but at least that guy did a swell job.

This guy has to shop out funhouse and isn't sure he knows how

#15 12 years ago

I dont want to be. lol and I have some room for flexibility but for example I could see myself with room for upto 5-6 pins. I will always have MNF and I must have I500 and Andretti which only leaves me with room for one or two more. Which doesnt leave me with a lot of flexibility. Fortunately I am not in a have to buy situation so I will wait ntil the right deal comes along no matter which pin it is.

#16 12 years ago

Don't get too specific. If you can find a few games under value buy them. you never know what you might like and even if you don't you can always get your money out

That's my appraoch and I have had a lot of fun exploring games that way!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-really-done-this-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.